It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Dallas Officer Who Killed Neighbor In Upstairs Apartment Is Found Guilty Of Murder

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

A Dallas jury has found former police Officer Amber Guyger guilty of murder for fatally shooting a neighbor who lived in the apartment directly above hers last year. She had testified that she entered Botham Jean's unit after a long day at work, thinking it was her own home and that he was an intruder.

www.npr.org...

Im glad she was convicted. I never believed she thought she was in her own apartment.

Alot of times cops get of the hook on these kinds of cases. I think the jury got it right this time.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: hyperlexic

I guess this old phrase will be reversed..."You know what they to to cop killers in prison"? to.."You know what they do to cops killing innocents in prison"?...

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

female prison is nothing like male prison

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Idk, Maybe some shouldn't be authorized to be ......better stop right there.......

Get ready to hate.....it's the girl's ability to be safe with guns....Some yes.....I take it back....too late, huh.

Am I in trouble now?...I just couldn't stop myself....all apologies

Here in the Texas country life, it's the ladies that point the muzzle carelessly and then say....it's not loaded, don't worry.
edit on 1-10-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I would it imagine it to be worse, bloody tampons, multiple figures going into multiple holes, the physiological abuse, etc.
Especially considering she killed an innocent man. And the thin blue lined tried to help her...I don't think it will go well for JUST HER in prison.

I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to Epstein herself. IMHO
edit on 1919 10 1 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

edit on 1919 10 1 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I hear it now the Hallelujah Chorus streaming from downtown Dallas.
Will wonders never cease.

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Heres a more complete my view

Who trained her or did she grow up with guns
Did the vic show a firearm when his door opened
Was the victims door locked?
She was armed....why not just pull that smokewagon and yell....or handcuff
Exactly how late did she pull official duty...or did she go get drugged up a little....
Was that addressed in the proceedings....the timeline....i need details no we do!
edit on 1-10-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Well, hard to get a "not guilty" when to walk into someone else's house or apartment and murder them.

That is the simple fact of the case.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

One of the biggest problems I had with the defense is that they said she worked a long 13 hour day!

So what, many of us have done that without walking into a neighbors place and killing them.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Well, hard to get a "not guilty" when to walk into someone else's house or apartment and murder them.

That is the simple fact of the case.

I love basic logic. It's not too common nowadays.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Sad all around. Likely the only verdict that could come from this.
Prayers for all.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Was that addressed in the proceedings....the timeline....i need details no we do!

You could try reading any of the multiple threads or dozens and dozens and dozens of articles.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
i Have always thought as a policeman you should earn the right to carry weapons. They should have to work their job without weapons before carrying weapons an$ there should be really steep physical requirements that are tested regularly. When you can’t pass you are out. These people are too scared to be cops.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

know what really chapped me about that defense... I often in the military work 16 hours in a day keeping 50 yr old planes flying, IF I make a single mistake that results in injury or loss of life or loss or severe damage to a plane my life is toast. ETA( sometime even when its obvious pilot error such as b-52 crash in Fairchild they still go after maintenance to such a degree it causes permanent psychological damage to that maintainer)

Even though by regulation they have to give you 8 hour uninterrupted rest (LOL) between shifts, I get no second chance, no do over, no lighter sentence I am destroyed.

13 hour shift.. pfft I remember days where we viewed a 13 hour shift as a cut back.

This was the only possible result, I have been bombed out of my mind on tequilla and never tried to enter the wrong apartment.

edit on 1-10-2019 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: hyperlexic

A Dallas jury has found former police Officer Amber Guyger guilty of murder for fatally shooting a neighbor who lived in the apartment directly above hers last year. She had testified that she entered Botham Jean's unit after a long day at work, thinking it was her own home and that he was an intruder.

www.npr.org...

Im glad she was convicted. I never believed she thought she was in her own apartment.

Alot of times cops get of the hook on these kinds of cases. I think the jury got it right this time.

Something about this story seemed off to me. Almost like they had a relationship. I suspect they were banging and she got jilted and used that as a cover to kill the guy.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Something about this story seemed off to me. Almost like they had a relationship. I suspect they were banging and she got jilted and used that as a cover to kill the guy.

Ya, I'm trying to understand why she was there in the first place to shoot him.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

That is exactly what I thought. Too many missteps. Maybe not a relationship, but what if the guy turned down her advances or something. Maybe it was a parking spat, or a wrong look. Who knows.

I know that I have mistakenly walked up to the wrong car in the past. Almost immediately I realize, hey this isn't my car. Something alerts me that it's not mine. An air freshener hanging, a coat in the seat etc.

I find it very hard to believe that so many things should have alerted this lady but didn't. The nail in the coffin was the red rug in the case.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: hyperlexic

www.npr.org...

She was it seems involved with another officer.

Just before Guyger entered Jean's apartment, she had a 16-minute phone conversation with a fellow officer, Martin Rivera. Authorities say the two had a romantic relationship and that they had been swapping sexually explicit messages.

More likely she was angry, apartments above yours you hear everything. He was above, they may have had fights like so many have about making noise from the above apartment.

Who walks UP an extra flight of stairs when tired and coming home?

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I lived in apartments like those described. I've walked into other people's apartments. Other people have walked into mine.

No one EVER got shot.

Though ... I did have a lady tell me to, "Get out." and had a real hard time even believing 'she' was the one who was in the wrong apartment.

I can't believe a COP would shoot somebody and then 'claim' it was just a mistake. She should have NEVER been allowed to hold that job to begin with if that were the case. That's just mental.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

She didn't walk. she drove to the wrong level by car.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join