It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if... Trump is impeached and removed from office, then...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
he is re-elected in a landslide popular and electoral vote, most/all of the worst RINOs are primaried and replaced with new Freedom Caucus members, and they re-take the House with a huge majority, and gain a super majority in the Senate.

So, is this even possible?

-google-google-google-

Dang, apparently not... Article I, section III, clause 7 says:

"Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law."

So, if he is impeached, but not removed, it's still game on (as I already knew).

Crap-crud - I was hoping he'd actually be able to run again even if some RINO Senators went rogue at the last minute (like the traitor McCain did at the ObamaCare repeal vote) and surprise voted to convict, and while I'm fairly certain that won't happen, I'm never too surprised by anything that happens in politics, especially after the last 3 years.

Oh, wait... there's that little comma... "... removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office ..."...

So, another quick google reveals that the Senate does, in fact, claim the power to issue these punishments individually/separately!

So, back to my 'what if', now slightly modified...

What if Trump were impeached, and the RINO senators were able to squeak out conviction+removal from office, but not a 'disqualification to hold Office' punishment?

Then, he is re-elected in a landslide popular and electoral vote, most/all of the worst RINOs are primaried and replaced with new Freedom Caucus members, and they re-take the House with a huge majority, and gain a super majority in the Senate.

To quote a popular non-violent political activist...

"I have a dream!"

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Politicians can run for office from prison. We had one where I am who is in prison and won. Really shows how dumb some districts are in the US. They elected someone who screwed them over. They didn't care. As long as they preach concentrated hatred toward the wealthy and law enforcement.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

What? You're not making much sense.

Unless the Senate comes up with a 2/3 majority vote to remove Trump from office, there's no point in any of this. It will never happen.

Not to mention, Trump has absolutely no desire to stay in politics after his presidential terms are over anyway.

edit on 1-10-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Then the dems want pence?
Perhaps that is the endgame?

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Even if he was impeached, it's doubtful he would be removed from office..........

People really need to take a civics class so they know how our gov works.....

As to the OP....... Lol the country would probably have a meltdown so bad they set it on fire
edit on 10/1/2019 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

If the Secret Government overturns a duly elected president, and that doesn't have the Peoples Support(it won't) you'll see a Civil War.

It won't happen. Congress will vote to impeach, Senate will not, and then we'll see the largest Landslide Victory in Recent History and Republicans will retake the house, gain more seats in the Senate and Trump will have secured the Largest Amount of Support of any recent President. It's going to be YUGE.

The Meltdown by the Liberal Media and establishment in 2016 will be so tiny in Comparison, They will realize the laughing stock they have become and they will lose any credibility they have with even their most ardent supporters.

Get out your popcorn, 2020 is going to be epic.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

edit on 10/1/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
You can't be president after being impeached.

tell that to bill clinton
he would disagree

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
He wont go imo
He's the only leader that will bless Israel...that's why we're battling over Him...idk who will win.....do too

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Impeachment convictions normally include banning of holding future offices.

Keep that in mind.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
So what comittee could he be on? As you wont be getting a security clearance.

a reply to: FlyinHeadlock

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyinHeadlock
Politicians can run for office from prison. We had one where I am who is in prison and won. Really shows how dumb some districts are in the US. They elected someone who screwed them over. They didn't care. As long as they preach concentrated hatred toward the wealthy and law enforcement.

Irrelevant to impeachment, that provides for the very specific punishment of being prohibited from holding any Office of Honor, Trust or Profit, which, I presume, means any elected office, including the Presidency.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

hahahaha
that is too much

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

What? You're not making much sense.

Yeah, thats why I called it a 'What if'...

Unless the Senate comes up with a 2/3 majority vote to remove Trump from office, there's no point in any of this. It will never happen.

Did you read the OP? Maybe look u p the meaning of the term 'what if'...

Not to mention, Trump has absolutely no desire to stay in politics after his presidential terms are over anyway.

Again, irrelevant to my OP.

Try again...

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
As to the OP....... Lol the country would probably have a meltdown so bad they set it on fire

I know... which is why I just invested one billion dollars in the 'Popcorn' investment fund.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

???

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
Impeachment convictions normally include banning of holding future offices.

Keep that in mind.

My OP covered that.

Try again, and maybe address the 'What if' question...

So far only ManBehindTheMask has done that...

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: shooterbrody

???

If they are so anxious to get trump impeached, then pence would become the president, right?
Pence is beatable more so than trump in 2020?

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Well the Dims got into the paperwork and changed the whistle blower rules. So the Gops could go into the paperwork too and change those rules you just mentioned. And he could run again for a second term.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Trump will not be impeached. Maybe in the house only but not in the senate. He will definitely not be removed, especially if he did nothing wrong. The supreme court would put a stop to the nonsense. The only way to remove him is with a coup or by force, but then his millions of supporters will drag the coup plotters out of their homes and hang them. That is a hypothetical and very unrealistic situation though.

What is most likely to happen is Dems impeach Trump in the house and gets rejected and expose in the Senate. Trump unloads fisa gate and the deep state abuses, many people will be indicted for Fisa gate including Brenna and Comey. Trump fulfills one of his promises to drain the swamp. Dems get more unhinged and Trump is reelected 2020.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join