It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the dollar $ value of what trump asked for from the Ukraine?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: tanstaafl

he asked.

He asked... what?

Be specific. Quote the exact text. Link to it.

I know it is hard actually having to provide evidence in support of unsupported arguments...

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The Dollar Value is zer0 zilch

El Nout

нуль нічого

💥 😃 💥

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
So basically what is be said is if you commit a federal crime you should Immediately declare for president because by doing so you can not be investigated?

Just for arguments sake how would one go about investigating if Biden did something wrong that is legally acceptable?

If the feds suspect tomorrow that warren has committed a federal crime are they excluded from investigating it?

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
a reply to: Bluntone22

He insinuated that they wouldn't get the missiles if they didn't dig for dirt on Biden.

No he didn't.

If you claim otherwise, the onus is on you... provide the proof. We have the transcript. Quote what/where he 'insinuated' they wouldn't get the missiles.

The only folks confused by this are those who want to keep Trump as President at any cost. And i don't thunk they are really confused.

Actually, the only people confused by this are those who keep claiming there are words there that simply aren't there.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

a reply to: tanstaafl

he asked.

He asked... what?

I know it is hard actually having to provide evidence in support of unsupported arguments...

I was just giving info of what was being claimed in various news reports in response to his question. I am not here to argue opinion. Feel free to give your opinion to the OP, you can even claim it as fact.

I could care less.

But you should take your law knowledge to DC and school the DOJ and Congress.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
From what I’ve seen so far is that nobody has been able to site anything specifically.

When in the history of these states has a prosecutor (that’s basically what the Democrats here are) came out on the other side in a positive light for bringing charges Thayer can prove or convict? Do they really think they will get brownie points for trying?

I don’t see the end game here. It feels like a preemptive strike for something. If I think someone is about to take a shot at me I want to hit first. Basically like when in a domestic assault if one person files charges they don’t let the other person then file charges on the other person.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

At what point did he actually use his position to try and gain something for the American people ? Isn't that his job ?

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoss53

At what point did he actually use his position to try and gain something for the American people ? Isn't that his job ?

..Most likely at the point of no deposit no return 😃

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: iwanttobelieve70

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
a reply to: Bluntone22

He insinuated that they wouldn't get the missiles if they didn't dig for dirt on Biden. The only folks confused by this are those who want to keep Trump as President at any cost. And i don't thunk they are really confused.

So he said “if you don’t do X which is required by you by signed treaty we will do Y” and that is against the law?

Can you point me to that federal law for reference?

Therein lies the problem for the Democrats, bless their tiny, black, soulless hearts. There was no QPQ, the phone call was crystal clear. Trump did nothing the crybaby-Left is accusing him of doing on that call. Nothing. They're just trying to cover up Biden's dirty extortion that he actually admits he did on video. I have never in my 50+ years seen any group of people as dishonest, arrogant, disingenuous, hateful, lying, truth-deniers as the current Democrats. It's stunning watching them act this way. If someone would have told me thirty years ago that they would be like this I wouldn't have believed it. But here we are. Just remember, Dems, karma is a bitch.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy
There is a legal definition for the word "value." According to Black's Legal Dictionary, "Value means The utility of an object in satisfying, directly or indirectly, the needs or desires of human beings..." Since Trump asked Ukraine to pursue an investigation, we can assume he desired it and that an investigation would help satisfy that desire. Q.E.D., i had value. Value doesn't equal cost. If you take all the donated clothes out of a Salvation Army box, those items were not for sale, and therefore have no cost, they still have value.
If you steal a home-baked apple pie from your neighbor's open kitchen window, that pie has no price or cost since it was a donation for the Baptist church's Sunday dinner, it still has value. And I don't feel the urgent need to "justify" anything that comes out of Trump's Justice Department. Trump is riding Barr like a broken down nag in a $2500 maiden claiming race.

Thats a great explanation.
Too bad the doj made a determination that is not such.
No further investigation needed either.
Your justification or no.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Oh I don't know....shall we begin with 2 brilliant scotus nominees?
A wonderful tax cut?
Repeal of business killing regulations?
And all while dealing with unprecedented politically inspired investigations?
You know...just to begin.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: iwanttobelieve70
From what I’ve seen so far is that nobody has been able to site anything specifically.

When in the history of these states has a prosecutor (that’s basically what the Democrats here are) came out on the other side in a positive light for bringing charges Thayer can prove or convict? Do they really think they will get brownie points for trying?

I don’t see the end game here. It feels like a preemptive strike for something. If I think someone is about to take a shot at me I want to hit first. Basically like when in a domestic assault if one person files charges they don’t let the other person then file charges on the other person.

The truth? They're still upset about Hillary losing in 2016. They and even she is saying Trump is an illegitimate president because he didn't win the popular vote. It doesn't work that way, he won the EC and according to the Constitution, something the current Democrats hate, that makes him a legitimate president. They have let hate consume them and are no longer using common sense (if they had any to begin with) and logic, but are running on pure anger. So they've been trying to discredit him for the last three years and have been working as hard as they can to set him up for impeachment.

They have nothing. Zero. Yet they will waste hours and our tax dollars to try to remove a legitimate president which is in fact, a Coup attempt and every one of them that participated in this should be tried, convicted and punished for treason. It has to stop before our country is torn apart irreparably.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Oh I don't know....shall we begin with 2 brilliant scotus nominees?
A wonderful tax cut?
Repeal of business killing regulations?
And all while dealing with unprecedented politically inspired investigations?
You know...just to begin.

1. Maybe, that's still up in the air from what we've seen so far.
2. Yes, that has helped people in income brackets like me that can use every dime of take-home pay I can get.
3. Absolutely. This has helped (along with other policy decisions and actions) our economy and our employment rate like no other president in many decades. Reversing this would kill our economy and we'd end up in another depression.
4. Hopefully this nonsense will stop soon. If not, the American People are going to start raising hell. We can only tolerate it for just so long before things get messy. I'm not talking about a civil war, but I am talking about some serious pressure against Washington's elected, the ones that have forgotten that they work for us.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   

"He asked... what?

I know it is hard actually having to provide evidence in support of unsupported arguments..."

I was just giving info of what was being claimed in various news reports in response to his question.

Thank you for letting me know that you are in actuality a CNN spambot and I can simply ignore any post from you as being less than use/worthless.

ATS really could use a PLONK/Ignore feature...

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Yes - and that is exactly what he was doing.

Or do you not agree that we should get to the bottom of the Russia Collusion?

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
To any of the other democrat supporters, do you realize what this is and will do? Whenever there is a Democrat elected worse will be done to them. There was a time in my lifetime that after the election the people supported the president until the next election. Nobody said an un kind word over seas and you were not paid for support.

This is out of hand, I know my words fall on deaf ears but the digging in and staking personal positions will lead to extreme violence. This is dangerous and I wish everyone would stop, enjoy life, turn off the news, make friends and love your family. Quit making millionaires out of the news people that are selling hate and fear.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy
There is a legal definition for the word "value." According to Black's Legal Dictionary, "Value means The utility of an object in satisfying, directly or indirectly, the needs or desires of human beings..." Since Trump asked Ukraine to pursue an investigation, we can assume he desired it and that an investigation would help satisfy that desire. Q.E.D., i had value. Value doesn't equal cost. If you take all the donated clothes out of a Salvation Army box, those items were not for sale, and therefore have no cost, they still have value.
If you steal a home-baked apple pie from your neighbor's open kitchen window, that pie has no price or cost since it was a donation for the Baptist church's Sunday dinner, it still has value. And I don't feel the urgent need to "justify" anything that comes out of Trump's Justice Department. Trump is riding Barr like a broken down nag in a $2500 maiden claiming race.

Thats a great explanation.
Too bad the doj made a determination that is not such.
No further investigation needed either.
Your justification or no.

The opinion of the DOJ is about as relevant to the process of impeachment as your or my opinion. It is the opinion of the House that matters for impeachment, and the opinion of the Senate that matters on conviction. The DOJ has absolutely no role in the process, so hey can say whatever Trump's stooge Barr tells it to say.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: F4guy
Sure
Sell impeachment with the leos telling us it was not a crime.

They may as well make an article becsuse he is orange; it will be taken just as seriously.

No matter if you like it or not the doj are THE SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTS ON FEDERAL LAW.

Nice try tho.

edit on 2/10/2019 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

a reply to: F4guy
Sure
Sell impeachment with the leos telling us it was not a crime.

They may as well make an article becsuse he is orange; it will be taken just as seriously.

No matter if you like it or not the doj are THE SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTS ON FEDERAL LAW.

Nice try tho.

I'll agree with you, maybe, if you can show me where in Article 1 of the Constitution, it mentions the DOJ having any role in impeachment. Where? I'm not really impressed by the guys who work for the subject of an investigation saying their boss didn't commit a crime. It puts me in a mind of when the defense put the defendant's mother on the stand as a character witness. I, as the prosecutor, would stand and loudly state, "Your Honor, the State will agree and stipulate that Bobby's (the defendant's) mommy will say that he's a good boy.
edit on 2-10-2019 by F4guy because: They don't take off for spelling in court. Here the might.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join