It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP operative who orchestrated most of the investigations into Obama, admits it was all for show..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   
www.google.com...

That’s right you have a republican admitting to the GOP intentionally and knowingly fabricating fake investigations against Obama just to propagandize their sheeple..

From 2009 to 2013, I was the spokesperson and senior adviser for Republicans on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee under the leadership of Rep. Darrell Issa. During their time in the majority, the Oversight Committee alone issued more than 100 subpoenas to the Obama administration. Upon becoming chair of the committee, Issa declared his intention to hold “seven hearings a week, times 40 weeks.”

In the spring of 2011, a government whistleblower prompted House and Senate Republicans to initiate an investigation into the “Operation Fast and Furious” gun-trafficking operation. The investigation lasted for more than six years and included an Oversight Committee vote to hold then-Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress over what Republicans believed was an abuse of executive privilege. “

In a nut shell the GOP decided to constantly run fake investigations... knowing their supporters would believe ANYTHING they tell them with a conspiracy bend..no matter how ridiculous.

They then go out and find and fabricate fake scandals, which go nowhere when investigated.. but then they stil keep pretending to all was real because they know their base IS NOT GOING TO CHECK.. lol

Just in case anyone missed it, that is exactly what trump is claiming is felonious to do against him now... trump has provided zero proof they had no evidence against him when they started investigating him.. and he could easily release the fisa and prove it if that was the case..

But he hasnt proven it... so imho that means he is lying. People do not cover up for their arch enemies.

edit on 1-10-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Kurt Bardella, a member of USA TODAY's Board of Contributors and a former spokesperson and senior adviser for Republicans on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, joined the Democratic Party in 2017.

LoL

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Trump is biding his time and letting them prepare this big nothing burger. that they will chock on and will eventually cost them the house in 2020

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I like a chile dog with onions.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Trump has been running republicans off since he won the nomination because of his criminality and the fact he acts like a dumpster fire..

And this guy was very successful as republican...

This is not a Scott bayou/Dave Ruben type situation where their career failed so they became the token political hack..

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Trump has been running republicans off since he won the nomination because of his criminality and the fact he acts like a dumpster fire..

And this guy was very successful as republican...

This is not a Scott bayou/Dave Ruben type situation where their career failed so they became the token political hack..

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 05:49 AM
link   
It's not even about investigations anymore. Those are standard, par for the course political sling shots. Both sides do that all the time. It's the spying and using three letter agencies to do it on your political foe, his family and friends.

I don't think people really understand how dangerous that is not only for politicians but, more importantly citizens. Imagine someone listening in on your most private conversations with a spouse, child, loved one. Knowing medical conditions, personal problems, finances...it frightens the hell out of me but they are doing it every single day and under Obama, they didn't need a 100% legitimate reason. They can just make up stuff or use unverified stuff from someone who hates you to justify it.

And the people that hate you don't care. They want more of it. It doesn't even register that someone could do it to them, their family and their friends.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   
So all those people dead due to the fast and furious gun running scheme... it was just for show, I am wondering if English is your second language.

Do you mean the republicans never meant to actually "get" him... or do you mean all those people that were killed by guns the fed let walk into mexico didnt really happen?

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
So all those people dead due to the fast and furious gun running scheme... it was just for show, I am wondering if English is your second language.

Do you mean the republicans never meant to actually "get" him... or do you mean all those people that were killed by guns the fed let walk into mexico didnt really happen?

Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong but I think he means anyone following politics like it actually makes a difference or should I say believe it's anything more than a dog and pony show are helping perpetuate the divide.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   
AND?

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   

trump has provided zero proof they had no evidence against him when they started investigating him.. and he could easily release the fisa and prove it if that was the case.. 

But he hasnt proven it... so imho that means he is lying. People do not cover up for their arch enemies. 

Once again for the civically challenged among us. The accused has no responsibility to prove that his accusers have no evidence against them. All the responsibilities falls on the accusers to make a positive case against the accused with evidence; when they fail to do that the accused is considered innocent of the accusations.

I wouldn't want to live in a country where your standards are followed no mater who was running it Republicans or Democrats.

----

But to your larger point. If we are going to take the OpEd as accurate and the Obama administration had to endure just as much frivolous oversight from Congress as Trump does now, maybe the difference in preception by the American people is with the media coverage of said frivolous oversight of the two presidents.

Pew: Trump media three times more negative than for Obama, just 5 percent positive

link

With both Presidents receiving the same frivolous treatment by Congress and the media treating Trump differently than Obama its bound to cause the preception that the current president is more embattled than the previous one.

But what is the real bottom line here? Because Republicans are just as bad as Democrats we should be happy to continue this downward spiral of immaturity in our leadership? Doesn't sound like a good argument to me.
edit on 1-10-2019 by DanDanDat because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
AND?

this exonerates anything the left did or will do. You know, "they both do bad things".

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Aren't all sheeple equal?

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

He probably means that if the person in office was Trump during F&F then the investigation would never have happened.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
while I agree with some of the above people that they never planned to "get" anyone, once the border patrol agent was killed and the information on where the gun came from leaked out they had no choice but to investigate.

Once federal agents die they kinda have to investigate even if they dont plan on prosecuting anyone.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Who watches the watchers? What happens when the committee overseeing the complains is about them? Becomes a circus of distractions as internal government conflicts has greater world influences.

There are some good sources around. The media got hit hard with the war on terror. Can see a more people standing up and questioning it. Draining the swamp is a big project, getting all the light it can helps.
edit on 1-10-2019 by kwakakev because: spelling

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Not trolling, honest questions:

Do you have friends outside of online?

If so, are any of them Republicans?

Trump has lost very little supposed among Republicans.

If you think I am wrong, please link what data you are using for your opinion....

I will wait....

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
In a nut shell the GOP decided to constantly run fake investigations... knowing their supporters would believe ANYTHING they tell them with a conspiracy bend..no matter how ridiculous.

Yep. They play the American people like fiddle!

Especially the Republicans. The Republicans never ever question Republican authority.

edit on 1-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

Not trolling, honest questions:

Do you have friends outside of online?

If so, are any of them Republicans?

Trump has lost very little supposed among Republicans.

If you think I am wrong, please link what data you are using for your opinion....

I will wait....

Yes, you are wrong.

Support for impeaching Trump rises among independents and Republicans

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'm going to give you a star and flag just for the sheer hilarity, irony, hypocrisy, etc. of your mindset with this thread.

I think Stosh summed it up perfectly with, and I quote, "LOL".

Seriously? I'm not even sure I have the words to describe how baffled I am at the inference made regarding your stataement(s).......

top topics

<<   2 >>

join