It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban sales of pointed kitchen knives as there is no reason for them in modern world

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   
As a cook I agree, ban the knife point. Cleavers for everyone!!!! Hahahahahaha

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
But we do need pointy kitchen knives, without them you will never get the food out of those plastic wrappers they are in.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Plotus
Reinstate the death penalty nation wide. Make murder not worth it, the consequence too severe.

Studies have shown the death penalty doesn't deter psychopaths from being psychotic.

Guns don't kill innocent people. Psychopaths kill innocent people.

However, you would think our well regulated militia would have federal regulations limiting the rate of fire and size of clips with regards to projectile weapons.

Why would anyone think that? Personally I don’t want to be killed for lack of shooting back.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

However, you would think our well regulated militia would have federal regulations limiting the rate of fire and size of clips with regards to projectile weapons.

Well regulated militia means the guns work the way they are supposed to. The rate of fire is already regulated. Pull the trigger once one bullet pulls the trigger twice two bullet rinse and repeat. What do hair clips have to do with guns?

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
Wow British people are freaking weird. Just another place to avoid. How the hell are you supposed to cut stuff, if they ban knifes? And pointy kitchen knifes have there uses in the kitchen a lot, not just the straight hatchet chopping ones people ussually use.

If across the pond people got a problem with people stabbing each other, I do not think banning pointy kitchen knifes will as they say solve the core of the issue, because they can always use the sharp side, or just stab people with a sharpened pencil or a thousand other things. But I get it, I quess. And wonder what they will be using next when they ban pointy kitchen knifes.

Probably cutting people with the lid of a soup can. A soup can lid can be pretty deadly sharp. If been cut by knifes here and there and on a weekly bassis, just from handling them. Its a tool people, but can also be a weapon. But so can anything and everything else.

And to tell the truth if I was going to use something for a weapon with the purpuses of doing harm, a knife would not be my first choice considering all the other options you got out there both on the market, and the guy on the corner. But it would be my first choice as a tool in a lot of cases.

I got knifes everywere just laying around. A few days ago, I even almost cut myself on a knife I made and forgot about from half a year ago, just rumaging for stuff on a top cupbord in the garage at random, sticking my hand up there looking for stuff, and bam there she was.

Sometimes, I dont even recall were I leave them around. Luckly didn't cut myself that time as it was still in sheath. But even made a kitchen knife for my mom a week or so ago, and she ended up cutting herself with it, simply because people dont know how to handle a sharp knife.

More then a few times I almost sat on them, just because I was playing with them for whatever reason, while surfing the net, or watching movies, or whatever, and then I just leave it around on the seat, then come back the next day and plop down on chair without looking. But so far its been only been sitting on the flat side, never the pointy or sharp side.

I got enouph knifes just hanging around in random areas and places, to make a ninja clan proud, and probably kill 10 people if there not carefull were they sit down or around at.

Heres the one I lost, and refound it, and didnt know I lost it, till I found it again some days ago. Not as pretty now as in this picture, I chipped the handle on it goofing around, used and abused it, also goofing around, almost sat on it a few times as well. I look at it now and that handle is so goudy and meh, but I thought it was the spiffiest thing ever back then when I made it.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: DBCowboy

So,where do you go when you have to go?

San Francisco.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Reinstate the death penalty nation wide. Make murder not worth it, the consequence too severe.

Bring back public execution that would curb crime too. Public caneing would go a long way to prevent petty crimes too.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
Wow British people are freaking weird. Just another place to avoid.

Thats a shame, we may never be graced with your presence because of your sweeping generalisation, how will we recover from your lack of visits.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Well, I mean, when you think about it, it's pretty obvious that the gun grabber types of people are never going to stop. No matter how safe the world gets they will always dig up some "tragedy" to dangle for the public to be aghast at and demand for something to be done about it.

If they banned everything all the way down to pointy forks and they found five cases of someone being murdered by fork, it'd be all over the news. They'd find some way to make a mountain out of that molehill. I'm not sure how but I'm sure they would do it somehow. Maybe they'd obfuscate the insignificance of it (in the grand scheme of things) by presenting it as a racial crime or a sexist crime (someone got raped with a fork). Whatever the case, it would certainly come down to the fact that "Either forks need to go or the ownership of forks needs to be restricted so forks don't fall into the wrong hands! (And if you have the wrong opinions, you'd certainly be unfit to own forks)"

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
But of course.....maybe we don't need to get rid of forks at all if we can just get rid of the "undesirables". Right? Isn't it funny how that mindset just keeps coming back no matter how many times we think we got rid of it?

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I would argue there's no need for the church of England dogma in the modern world.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Where do you "go" once killer bathrooms are banned? Bathrooms kill people, especially children who have not been taught bath safety.

DUH! Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles have all solved this problem.

You go on the sidewalk, preferably downtown, if you are too far from downtown, on your neighbors sidewalk.

Or you can go to the app that SF has to tell you where the bowel movements are on the street, so you know the best location to go to for a #2. #1 is easy, just against any building wall if you are XY, or squat behind a bush or go in an alley if you are XX.

edit on 10/1/19 by The2Billies because: formatting addition

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown
I know its sad indeed.

Second.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join