It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vacation suggestions for old people

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   
If you guys are wanting to chill in the area of the British Isles and you're looking for great beaches and fine dining,I can recommend my home island of Jersey down in the Channel Islands, it would be an honour to buy yourself and the Wife a drink!

Here's a few of our local bays, there's too many to mention,

We have reefs and sandbars locally that are accessable by RIB (they do professional tours), lots of dolphins and seals around too in the summer months, and if you're lucky there's a chance at spotting a Sunfish or a Basking Shark swimming about,

Apart from the beaches and fine dining, we have medieval castles, Napolian forts, all kinds of German engineering and structures from the WW2 occupation with related museums (the War Tunnels are an absolute MUST!), basically, as much as locals like to complain, there's quite a lot to do over here if you're only trying to entertain yourself for a week or two.

Personally, I don't get bored of the castles and museums, I have an annual pass so I can just go anytime of the season and walk in, lunch in the sun sat on he green of a medieval castle over looking the glistening sea is a beautiful thing,

Let me know if you're at all interested and I can pull-up some info for you 🙂

🍻

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I suggest Miami for the sole reason of you experiencing the 'Miami Miracle'.

This is a proven physical phenomena where, at departure pre-boarding, the gate agent allows 'persons with disabilities or needing more time to board' onto the aircraft. The number of people fitting this description can often times be more than half the paasengers, the wheelchair traffic jam making the jetbridge look like the Lincoln Tunnel at rush hour.

But lo and behold! When the plane arrives in sunny Florida the crippled can walk! The afflicted are healed! And everyone runs off the airplane for the customary 5PM early bird special.

You'll love it.

edit on 1-10-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We're old, with bad hips, and artificial knees

This makes it easy. Holland. No hills (most of country), great beer, great cakes.......

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
A couple of words of advice (warning). Keep away from cruises and train trips as once you are on you are trapped. Think on this, your first day you find out it aint for you, the rest of your holiday is purgatory cos you can't get off.
Same as all inclusives. 90% of the time they are all inclusive cos there is nothing to do outside the complex. This is especially important in places like the Dominican Republic, all of Africa, all the Middle East countries and most far East countries. This is because on your complex (on which you are trapped again) you are guarded most of the time as the inhabitants want to rob, rape and generally kill you. So to go off your complex alone you take your life in your hands.
The biggest load of BS are the travel programs. Yes they show you the "safe" local life but forget to show you behind the camera of the permanent security people following them around.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

This guy sure knew how to show a lady good time

A 30-year-old man was gored by a bison at a Utah state park, then brought his 22-year-old date there and she was gored too

www.insider.com...

I have so many jokes for this but the T&C WOULD CLOBBER ME

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join