It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Desperate Democrats New Spin FISA Spygate Investigation Is Illegal!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
care- here ya go--

dcwhispers.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: Extorris

Interesting indeed. My guess is the state departments corruption in working with ukraine to keep trump from being elected and help hillary get elected has been uncovered.

LOL

Go with THAT.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Half a dozen?
Please present them.

DOJ investigations are not conducted by the AG, but rather FBI investigators.
DOJ investigations requiring foriegn cooperation do not employ the President of the United States, they use the DOJ officials working with Ukraine Officials through well established justice channels.
The Secretary of State is not part of the DOJ, nor an investigator
Neither is Rudy Giuliani, he is Trump's private attorney.
There is not a policy that protects them from discussing an unofficial, off the books investigation conducted by people improperly using government resources for campaign work.
All of it is subject to congressional oversight, more-so considering the illegality and impropriety of what has been occurring.
The Special counsel operated under authority of the DOJ guidelines and with legal protections around confidentiality regarding Grand Jury investigations.
Rudy Giuliani and Secretary of State Pompeo promoting debunked conspiracy theories and a President extorting a foriegn country does not fall under any legitimate secrecy mandate.

I don't know, how many is that? I could keep going.

MEANWHILE
State Dept inspector general requests 'urgent' Ukraine briefing on Capitol Hill
abcnews.go.com...
edit on 1-10-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

This "briefing" is going to lay out what the Committee can and CAN'T "request" by law 😎

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Thanks!
Tho more opinion than actual law.
Well posted tho.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   

LOL indeed. I mean you still think there's something there between trump/ukraine that's inappropriate despite the transcript and the treaty and the damning information surrounding the bidens.

How many more times will you need to be wrong about trump before you realize you're 180 degrees out of phase from reality? The corruption is 80% within the democrat party.

ETA: Is it just a random coincidence that a couple weeks ago IMF bank in Ukraine gets raided, then today Barr is in italy hearing the mifsud deposition, then Pompeo arrives at the vatican, the vatican financial offices get raided, and suddenly the state IG wants to privately brief congress??? Hahahahahahahaha. Sure you believe what you want to believe. They've got trump this time (for the 1,795th time)!
edit on 2-10-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Incorrect. The AG works with a team of investigators ranging from FBI to US attorneys. The AG does plenty of investigative work and in a case like this (where the deep state tried to subvert a candidate via vast conspiracy) the AG will do more than is normal. There is nothing at all prohibiting this.

DOJ investigations requiring foriegn cooperation do not employ the President of the United States, they use the DOJ officials working with Ukraine Officials through well established justice channels.

Incorrect again! (Imagine my shock)
The president has all of the authority of the executive branch and may do whatever he pleases within the scope of that authority. Telling the ukrainian government; work with my AG and get to the bottom of this, is wholly appropriate.

Finally, you got something right, but the prior post never asserted as much so it doesn't make their statement wrong.

I know this will come as a shock to you, but attorneys do a lot of investigative work. But you're correct, he's trumps attorney.

There is not a policy that protects them from discussing an unofficial, off the books investigation conducted by people improperly using government resources for campaign work.

This statement isn't coherent. I'm guessing you're saying AG/SoS can't use government resources to help trump get re-elected. They never did that. You need to brush up on what qualifies as campaign work.

All of it is subject to congressional oversight, more-so considering the illegality and impropriety of what has been occurring.

Congressional oversight is great and all, but as we learned throughout the prior administration: There is a lot that executive privilege covers. But more importantly, what has been going on that is illegal? It's now illegal for trump/AG/SoS to work with ukraine to get to the bottom of a corrupt plot against the US government? Is it also illegal for them to uncover corruption committed by joe biden and his son? LOL you really are out of your gord on this one.

The Special counsel operated under authority of the DOJ guidelines and with legal protections around confidentiality regarding Grand Jury investigations.

Those DoJ guidelines apply to everyone involved in the investigation. If that includes the state department, they also cannot talk about the investigation. Sorry.

Rudy Giuliani and Secretary of State Pompeo promoting debunked conspiracy theories

Debunked? LOL oh man. How have they been debunked? When was it proved that the biden situation was above board? Can you cite the evidence for me? When was it proved there wasn't a conspiracy against the current president (during his campaign) by bad actors in the US government and Ukraine? Can you cite the evidence for me?

a President extorting a foriegn country does not fall under any legitimate secrecy mandate.

There was no "extortion." Unless you're talking about biden, who readily admits to the extortion you believe trump committed. But that extortion is ok in your book, because reasons.

I don't know, how many is that?

Counting is hard. It was eight, of which one and a half were right. So, lets see, six minus one and a half... you need four and a half more.

(post by raviseo109 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: Justoneman

Personally I prefeer the waving hello to their heads on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that something's come with a very high price.(points to who knows what I reference)

I always loved Babylon 5.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris
"The AG is operating under DOJ guidelines for ongoing investigations of a sensitive nature, and is under no o9bligation to anyone to be transparent about anything. If the SoS is assisting him, he is covered by the same blanket.

That blanket of secrecy is of a much higher quality, and much thicker wool, than the one covering the SC..."

That is a logically and legally false statement in a half dozen different ways.

By all means, proceed... you know... with, like, actual evidence, specific arguments, etc...

''nah, nah, nah-nah, nah'

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Thanks!
Tho more opinion than actual law.
Well posted tho.

Former AGs and Deputy AGs under Bush, Clinton, Reagan and Obama have weighed in interviews and are gobsmacked. None of it makes any sense what-so-ever to them legally or otherwise.

An AG running around conducting an investigation on their own is WAY outside their job description. Ditto using the Sec of State, Rudy Giuliani and the President of the United States.

The AG has many, many more important responsibilities on a day to day basis leading the Justice Department.

This would be the equivalent of the POTUS dressing up as a cop, borrowing a squad car, taking a ride with Steve Bannon and pulling over Stormy Daniels for speeding.

You can shout that the POTUS is technically the chief law enforcement officer of the country and it is within his authority, but it makes it no less bizarrely corrupt an activity and Bannon had no business riding along with him dressed up like a cop. And why pull over Stormy Daniels?

The defense that he was doing it for public safety purposes fails.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Our department of Justice does not have any official business in Italy.
Or any other country in the world but ours.

Yeah, those sill treaties about reciprocity, they don't really mean anything...

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

"Half a dozen?
Please present them."

That is one Dept the DOJ can employ, but certainly not the only one.

And there is no - zero - limitation on the DOJ using their own agents to engage in part of the investigatory leg work - and indeed, the AG himself can participate if they so choose.

Not sure what you mean by 'employ the President', but he is certainly well withiin his delegated powers to conduct foreign affairs to discuss any of these matters with foreign oifficials, especially, but not limited to, cpouintried with whom we have established treaties in this regard.

So what? The DOJ is allowed to hire private attorneys/investigators if they like, especially if their investigations are actually targeting certain individuals/agencies they may normally use for such investigations.

Sure there is. It is called the 'I can not comment on ongoing investigations' policy.

I agree, and Congress will have their opportunity, but they do not have the right to interfere with or try to micro manage ongoing criminal investigations the DOJ is pursuing. PERIOD.

Rudy Giuliani and Secretary of State Pompeo promoting debunked conspiracy theories

Been watching too much CNN I see. But ok...

What 'debunked conspiracy theories' are you referring to? Exactly?

Be precise/specific.

and a President extorting a foriegn country does not fall under any legitimate secrecy mandate.

I agree - and if that is what Obama and his Admin was doing, Bill BArr will hopefully shine the light of day on their nefarious schemes.

Oh, you meant Trump? Well, since he didn't do that, it is n/a.

That was seven, but since none of them are valid or relevant, you have a long, lonbg ways to go.

MEANWHILE
abcnews.go.com...

Tick-tock...

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
It is becoming apparent in the last hour that the
Democrat Party is desperate to prep the public
with a new spin on the FISA Spygate investigation.

They must also be losing it about the IG Report,
with the latest screech being that Attorney General
William Barr is investigating! Oh no!

The IG Report will find nothing illegal or corrupt occurred in obtaining the FISA warrants and they were thoroughly justified.

If the IG feels he needs to stroke the POTUS he will say something like it wasn't done to perfection with 20-20 hindsight.

Reality is not your friend.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

So what? The DOJ is allowed to hire private attorneys/investigators if they like, especially if their investigations are actually targeting certain individuals/agencies they may normally use for such investigations.

The DOJ hired Rudy Giuliani? THAT would be interesting news. Do you have a link?

Actually, never-mind. Of course it is nonsense and the reason responding to these posts just encourages more and more crazy or dishonest responses.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

The DOJ hired Rudy Giuliani? THAT would be interesting news. Do you have a link?

I was responding to your absurd assertion that they relied solely on the FBI as their investigative arm.

Did they hire Rudy? Dunno. Do they have to officially hire him, or can they just ask him to assist?

Actually, never-mind. Of course it is nonsense and the reason responding to these posts just encourages more and more crazy or dishonest responses.

Yes, please, stop spreading nonsense. Good idea.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

The IG Report will find nothing illegal or corrupt occurred in obtaining the FISA warrants and they were thoroughly justified.

If the IG feels he needs to stroke the POTUS he will say something like it wasn't done to perfection with 20-20 hindsight.

We will see, Horowitz has a way of pulling punches.

But he has already recommenced James Comey for
prosecution so...

edit on 2-10-2019 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

prosecution so...

He REFERRED James Comey for possible prosecution.
The nature of IGs Referrals does not mean they "Recommend" they be prosecuted. It means they are turning over information to DOJ to determine if a crime was committed and if the evidence is sufficient to prosecute.

IGs refer people to DOJ ALL THE TIME, very few ever get prosecuted. Not the same as "Recommend", the IG is not qualified or authorized to recommend prosecution.

You sometimes have good points. I would take you more seriously if you didn't BS around this kind of thing.

edit on 2-10-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Half a dozen?
Please present them.

Rudy Giuliani and Secretary of State Pompeo promoting debunked conspiracy theories and a President extorting a foriegn country does not fall under any legitimate secrecy mandate.

MEANWHILE
abcnews.go.com...

Did you just try to suggest that POTUS can not ask a foriegn leader for help in an investigation??? LOL
...and that the DoJ are not allowed ask POTUS to reach out for access to information that would help their investigations?

By the way - the DoJ do conduct investigations and there is no need to empanel a grand jury yet. Depends on where the investigation goes.
Finally, Rudy Guiliani is allowed to conduct any investigation he would like on anyone he would like - as are you and I. We can also ask foreigners for help, whenever we like and we can tell whoever we like. We can even take money for such investigations whenever we like.
You need to take a step back and stop buying the nonsense that Democrats spout, trying to criminalise perfectly legal behaviour.

edit on 2/10/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

prosecution so...

You sometimes have good points. I would take you more seriously if you didn't BS around this kind of thing.

You just won the ironic post of the day award.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join