It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Virginia 6th grader who claimed white classmates cut off dreadlocks made story up

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

With that apology from the parents/family...I'm thinking that the girl isn't getting off scott free.

...and, frankly, it's none of our business. This involves the girls family, the families of those boys, and the school. No one else. Our opinions are unnecessary, and probably would be most unwelcome. They certainly would be by my family in similar circumstances.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

A 6th grade girl made up a story?

LOCK HER UP!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

LOCK HER UP!!!

Nice hyperbole. Do you have any constructive comments for the discussion? After all, this is not the mudpit, intelligent discourse is allowed and even encouraged.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

LOCK HER UP!!!

Nice hyperbole. Do you have any constructive comments for the discussion?

I don't believe an OP about a 6th grade girl making up a story about being attacked is constructive.
It's a big world with big problems, perhaps leave grade-schoolers out of any perceived culture wars.

It's between the girl, parents, the falsely accused boys and the school.

I agree with Seagull "frankly, it's none of our business. Our opinions are unnecessary,"

I thought my last post summed up my position in sarcasm, sorry if you missed it.

edit on 2-10-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

LOCK HER UP!!!

I don't believe an OP about a 6th grade girl making up a story about being attacked is constructive.
It's a big world with big problems, perhaps leave grade-schoolers out of any perceived culture wars.

I agree with Seagull "frankly, it's none of our business. Our opinions are unnecessary,"

I thought my last post summed up my position in sarcasm, sorry if you missed it.

The media reacting to it makes it a public area of discussion. And, the racial apsect of it also figures into that as well, since many people are being called racists for merely supporting a political party now. This type of false racial accusation feeds into that narrative.

Personally, I also think it should be between the kids, parents, and school. And, if you read my responses in this thread, you would have seen that already.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

You must have gone to school with the only group of black kids in Germany.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

That's how they ALWAYS report the newest update to a racial hoax. It's pathetic, NYT is satire anymore.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321
a reply to: Riffrafter

This reminds me of the Tawana Brawley fiasco in 1987? Does anyone remember that?

Don't forget the Duke Lacrosse scandal. That lie destroyed the lives of the guys on that team. We have to start charging these people that come out with these false accusations with either jail time or heavy fines.

That's right - I had forgotten about that.

No easy answers, n'est pas?

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: LSU2018

I have the utmost respect to her family for exposing the lies.

Unfortunately, 2020 inches closer, as do the fabricated "white person assaults black person" lies that the media will undoubtedly run full speed ahead without researching. They're the worst enemy to the people of this country.

Did you ever notice they show pictures that portray people as beautiful, sweet, kind or whatever and if they are trying to say you are the bad guy the pictures show you as ugly, messy and evil looking.
Why don't people read between the lines knowing what we do about the press why do we get manipulated and not realize the picture may be all wrong.

I've definitely noticed it. The only thing I can think of as to why people still fall for it is because they're desperately looking for something they say is rampant, but in fact isn't. That's why people were recusing themselves from Smollett's case and leaving it up to someone else to give the bad news that it wasn't really a racial attack by white guys in MAGA hats. If any of these stories happened prior to 2009, I feel like the proper punishment would have happened. But they should certainly receive the charges the blamed party would have received. In this case, whatever would have happened to those white boys is what should happen to her. Probably expulsion for hate crimes. It's the fair thing to do.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

LOCK HER UP!!!

The media reacting to it makes it a public area of discussion. And, the racial apsect of it also figures into that as well,

Two wrongs don't make a ? Does not your OP adopt the story to support the narrative of rampant false accusations of racism against conservatives et al? Have the falsely accused 6th grade boys registered to vote already?

Media uses this story to get click-through. By media I mean both the left and right wing media trying to adopt this girls story to "fit the narrative" as you put it. The left Media "See, racism is real!" the right media "Racism is a made up fake accusation!"

This girls story doesn't prove either, it just proves that 6th grade girls sometimes don't tell the truth and seek attention.

Let's leave the story be and not weaponize grade school children for offense or defense in the race front of the idiotic culture war people feel compelled to buy into.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Extorris

Maybe the media should have waited for the facts before jumping on yet another "racial attack" story. They brought this into the public. The entire country needs to see how the media overreacts to a story before they run it. They did the damage by running the lie.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

LOCK HER UP!!!

The media reacting to it makes it a public area of discussion. And, the racial apsect of it also figures into that as well,

Two wrongs don't make a ? Does not your OP adopt the story to support the narrative of rampant false accusations of racism against conservatives et al? Have the falsely accused 6th grade boys registered to vote already?

Media uses this story to get click-through. By media I mean both the left and right wing media trying to adopt this girls story to "fit the narrative" as you put it. The left Media "See, racism is real!" the right media "Racism is a made up fake accusation!"

This girls story doesn't prove either, it just proves that 6th grade girls sometimes don't tell the truth and seek attention.

Let's leave the story be and not weaponize grade school children for offense or defense in the race front of the idiotic culture war people feel compelled to buy into.

Ok, so why blame it specifically on white boys? That creates the false narrative and the girl is smart enough to know that. The media, instead of saying "Girl's hair cut off by classmates at school," ran with the unproven non-researched story to bring it to the attention of the country.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Extorris

Maybe the media should have waited for the facts before jumping on yet another "racial attack" story. They brought this into the public. The entire country needs to see how the media overreacts to a story before they run it. They did the damage by running the lie.

You perfectly exemplify my complaint.

BTW - I was entirely unaware of this story before this OP.

Who is using the story of a 6th grade girl's mistake for an agenda to fit a narrative?

I'll leave this OP be now as again I agree with Seagull's well said post "frankly, it's none of our business. This involves the girls family, the families of those boys, and the school. No one else"

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

A Virginia sixth grader who claimed three of her white male classmates held her down and cut off her dreadlocks is now saying she made up the entire story.

She must have been Facebook friends with Smollet.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
So I'm guessing most of you are using this story to further your own narrative that hate crimes don't happen anymore and black people make up things that happens to them.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: YungPo
So I'm guessing most of you are using this story to further your own narrative that hate crimes don't happen anymore and black people make up things that happens to them.

You'd be guessing wrong.

But thanks for trying to play that tired old game...

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

In this case, whatever would have happened to those white boys is what should happen to her. Probably expulsion for hate crimes. It's the fair thing to do.

Yes maybe that is reasonable if that is indeed what happened. i am still thinking in terms of what I have learned in my long years about kids, parents, schools.

She may have been asked to undo the damage, the Family may have been asked, the school leaders may have approached Mom, all kinds of possibilities and why? because I think the girl was telling the truth in the first interview I saw.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Kids are not allowed to be kids anymore. These stories should never make it to the news.

I think it is awful what she did, but her parents apology seemed sincere.

I agree. This pales in comparison to the Smell-It debacle. I am sure this little girl will feel this for a long time and her family seems to be well grounded.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: YungPo

So I KNOW you did't read my entire OP, because I specifically mentioned that was NOT the reason.

Please, read the OP again, before you respond.

But nice try at trolling, albeit an ignorant attempt.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mark08
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

I seriously doubt the parents wrote that apologiy

They only wrote it because their daughter got caught?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join