It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Virginia 6th grader who claimed white classmates cut off dreadlocks made story up

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Kids do stupid things. I thought maybe the boys did cut her hair, but doubted if it was a racial event. Boys can be jerks sometimes, so can girls, when they get together they often do stupid things. I know a girl punched a boy in the face because she thought the boy was harrassing her. Actually the boy liked her but was kind of akward with dealing with girls. Nobody got in serious trouble, the girl got a day off of school. The principal knew what was happening, some of the teachers had it all wrong.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

There is also the possibility that the Christian School and the Families were taking to much heat. The girl appeared to be telling the truth and as a Christian she may have decided to let it all go away and take the blame. It will help her Family and the school. Being in the headlights of the press stinks for anyone even when not just
a kid.

and the undue scorn it has brought to the school.

The 12-year-old, WRC reported, is a straight-A student and violin player who has attended the private Christian school since kindergarten.

Taking that approach, she would be lying in either case, which is anti-christian since it is against one of the "Big 10". But, you go there and say that yes, these horrible white boys are still guilty.

Seriously??

SMH

You sure like to add a lot to what People say don't you.

You can't envision a few kids doing something stupid and when it comes out a kid trying to make it all go away?
You never do anything stupid at that age?

I actually feel sorry for all those who have to think in colors and in political parties or other divides.

You originally said...

There is also the possibility that the Christian School and the Families were taking to much heat. The girl appeared to be telling the truth and as a Christian she may have decided to let it all go away and take the blame. It will help her Family and the school. Being in the headlights of the press stinks for anyone even when not just
a kid.

Which implies that it is all true, these white boys must have done this, because this poor little black girl MUST be so honorable to decide to take the heat and LIE that she made it all up. Yeah, I think you did imply that in the above post.

Because 12 year old girls never lie, right? So, in each scenario, she has lied one way or the other, which is also what I pointed out in my post.

You hear what you want to hear. Like so many star givers on here back pat! Feel good now y'all?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   

a kid.

and the undue scorn it has brought to the school.

The 12-year-old, WRC reported, is a straight-A student and violin player who has attended the private Christian school since kindergarten.

Taking that approach, she would be lying in either case, which is anti-christian since it is against one of the "Big 10". But, you go there and say that yes, these horrible white boys are still guilty.

Seriously??

SMH

You sure like to add a lot to what People say don't you.

You can't envision a few kids doing something stupid and when it comes out a kid trying to make it all go away?
You never do anything stupid at that age?

I actually feel sorry for all those who have to think in colors and in political parties or other divides.

You originally said...

a kid.

Which implies that it is all true, these white boys must have done this, because this poor little black girl MUST be so honorable to decide to take the heat and LIE that she made it all up. Yeah, I think you did imply that in the above post.

Because 12 year old girls never lie, right? So, in each scenario, she has lied one way or the other, which is also what I pointed out in my post.

You hear what you want to hear. Like so many star givers on here back pat! Feel good now y'all?

Yeah, you got called out with your own words, so you pout and take your ball home. You can;t simply admit that is what you meant, face up to it, own it at least.

The fact remains she lied, using racial epithets, blaming others for her own actions once she got called on it.

Sound familiar?

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

The fact remains she lied, using racial epithets, blaming others for her own actions once she got called on it. Sound familiar?

Actually it really does.

The fact remains she lied

There you go, all the facts right there in your oh so knowing brain.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Check out how they changed the narrative after it was discovered it was yet another hoax - hilarious!

Does anyone actually take the corporate media seriously anymore?

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

?
What about the Carolinas and Georgia in between. Does Florida north skip those?
I was in SC, it's not bad...

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
People that falsify hate crimes should be charged with a hate crime.

In this case, her guardians that ran with the lie.
edit on 1-10-2019 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12
Check out how they changed the narrative after it was discovered it was yet another hoax - hilarious!

Yes but who decided what to say and when?

It seemed the girl did not tell anyone until her hair was noticed.

There are so many possibilities here. Maybe the grandparents made a big deal and then the child and parents realizing the school she attended her whole life and will still need to attend was under attack because of it, and the Families of fellow Christian school mates decide to call off the dogs by taking the blame?

Perhaps, the girls Family insists she keep her hair natural and she hates it and one day did an experimental chop on a few locks! Perhaps she wished she could have it straightened and styled.Perhaps she was afraid she would be in trouble for cutting her hair.

To me when she told her story about 3 boys one covered he mouth one held her arms one chopped her few strands it sounded very believable.

She herself did not run to the authorities nor even tell her Family until her cut stands were noticed.

THERE ARE SO MANY POSSIBILITIES! THAT IS WHY I SAID MAYBE!

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: JAGStorm

I agree that her parents were quite embarrassed and forthcoming with an apology. This is a child after all. But that actor cat from half a year ago, see, I've even forgotten his name already, was a totally different level of stupid. He should have had the book tossed at him and be doing jail time.

Totally agree, an adult doing this and a child against a child are two different things.

There is some murky water though. What happens if a child accuses an adult of something like this?
If there reputation is ruined, should the child's family have to pay?

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

I totally caught that too. I actually went back to see how they titled the headlines.
Before it was said as fact. Nothing like the MSM to fan the flames of hate.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Blaine91555

And here is why, in case you weren't aware of the public news reaction before it was proven to be a hoax.

“Three sixth-grade white boys at a Christian school in Virginia where Vice President Mike Pence’s wife works cut a black girl’s hair, calling it ‘nappy’ and her ‘ugly,’ the girl says.”

NBC News source
Why was the VP's wife even mentioned here?

Purely for political mud slinging points. And, to further push the false narrative that the current administration is dripping with racist and white supremacists.

Its sickening to be honest. And I would say the same regardless of who was in the White House.

I'd agree the media behaved badly in their reporting. Very badly.

I do not however think a 12 year old is even capable of understanding that side of it. If anything they were likely parroting the behavior of adults.

I'm not saying that the punishment should not be equal to the offense, but while remembering this is a 12 year old, not even into early adulthood. Half the age at which critical thinking skills fully develop. Remember here, 12 years old. At 12 making a public apology is a very serious punishment. People forget how intense peer pressure and public image are at that age.

What this says to me that's more important than if an apology is enough or not, is that what needs attention here is why she did that. The environment that led to it is the problem.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

At 12 she's just trying to fit in. The blame lies elsewhere.

She likely lied to cover up for something else that happened to her hair and she jumped at the first thing that came to mind. It's that that is the first thing that came to her to say that's the issue. It's probably a warning sign that something is off at the school or in her group of family and peers.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I have the utmost respect to her family for exposing the lies.

Unfortunately, 2020 inches closer, as do the fabricated "white person assaults black person" lies that the media will undoubtedly run full speed ahead without researching. They're the worst enemy to the people of this country.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

I remember it. And Sharmeka Moffitt. She drove to a park and wrote racial slurs and KKK on her car, doused herself with lighter fluid and set herself ablaze. She blamed it on 3 white guys in white hoodies and said it was because she was wearing an obama shirt. When investigators announced she did it to herself, everyone who wanted a race war said she's just trying to bring issues to the forefront. Ridiculous.

None of these fake crimes are things that white people would even do if they hated blacks.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The child should be expelled from the school, since she can't be trusted among other children and of course receive counseling.

But this is unlikely to happen. The report was even suppressed.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick7
The child should be expelled from the school, since she can't be trusted among other children and of course receive counseling.

But this is unlikely to happen. The report was even suppressed.

Well there is the thing she is a straight A student so clearly not been messing around and plays and instrument, those types usually are the "geeks" not the trouble in school.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

I have the utmost respect to her family for exposing the lies.

Unfortunately, 2020 inches closer, as do the fabricated "white person assaults black person" lies that the media will undoubtedly run full speed ahead without researching. They're the worst enemy to the people of this country.

Did you ever notice they show pictures that portray people as beautiful, sweet, kind or whatever and if they are trying to say you are the bad guy the pictures show you as ugly, messy and evil looking.
Why don't people read between the lines knowing what we do about the press why do we get manipulated and not realize the picture may be all wrong.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Why? It could be a case of her being taunted over it, and then trying to cut them off herself in despair. When her g-ma saw it, and asked her she panicked and made up the story of the assault to get back at the kids for taunting her.

A very simple and likely scenario a 12 year old would come up with not to get punished for cutting off her hair.

This actually seems like a very reasonable conclusion.

There are probably aren't too many parents out there that haven't had a kiddo whack away at their hair with scissors for whatever reason kids have. I know one of my daughters tried to "help" by cutting her younger sister's hair. It was... pretty badly butchered lol. Had to have it cut into a very short pixie cut until it grew out.

Cutting your dreads/braids/whatever because you're being teased? Yeah, I can very easily see that. I remember as a kid being bullied mercilessly about my looks, especially my crooked teeth, which my parents could not afford to fix. I'd have done anything at all to have been able to change myself to get away from it all. I remember lying my butt off many times to try and get my parents to not send me to school so I didn't have to deal with that crap.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Mark08

Just out of curiosity...

What has lead you to this conclusion?? From the sounds of it, the child, and that's what she is, made a horrible mistake, and the family/parents are making amends as best they can, starting with an apology.

So, what makes you say they didn't write this?

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I shudder to guess at the amount of trouble I'd have been in for a transgression of this sort...

(((shudder)))

A butt-whoopin' would have been the least of it. Angry parents, I could deal with...disappointed is quite another thing entirely.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join