It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Virginia 6th grader who claimed white classmates cut off dreadlocks made story up

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: Krakatoa

First, as with any story the word "Black" does not matter.

... except where her initial false accusation was concerned, her racial status was most definitely something that "mattered." Such is the BS world we've created where equal protection under the law is pissed upon by nonsense like "hate crime" classifications which protect selected groups more stridently than others. Sorry, saying the accuser's race doesn't matter after the fact that the accusations were BS is too convenient and just leads us to this same scenario over, and over, and over again.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

... except where her initial false accusation was concerned, her racial status was most definitely something that "mattered." Such is the BS world we've created where equal protection under the law is pissed upon by nonsense like "hate crime" classifications which protect selected groups more stridently than others. Sorry, saying the accuser's race doesn't matter after the fact that the accusations were BS is too convenient and just leads us to this same scenario over, and over, and over again.

Yes. And part of the real, true , tragedy is this 12 year old girl thought to even claim it was "white boys" that did it. Not just boys, or name them by name....no, "white boys". Where did she learn to make that type of distinction in the first place?

Home?

The media?

Hollywood?

All of the above?

It sure didn't come from a 12 year old's own mind. A mind that is still forming opinions that will last a lifetime.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom
But if your same lie was told in the 50s.
Someone may have been lynched.

I think kids don’t always sense the ramifications of actions. I’ll bet this young girl does now.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
There is also the possibility that the Christian School and the Families were taking to much heat. The girl appeared to be telling the truth and as a Christian she may have decided to let it all go away and take the blame. It will help her Family and the school. Being in the headlights of the press stinks for anyone even when not just
a kid.

and the undue scorn it has brought to the school.

The 12-year-old, WRC reported, is a straight-A student and violin player who has attended the private Christian school since kindergarten.

Taking that approach, she would be lying in either case, which is anti-christian since it is against one of the "Big 10". But, you go there and say that yes, these horrible white boys are still guilty.

Seriously??

SMH

You sure like to add a lot to what People say don't you.

You can't envision a few kids doing something stupid and when it comes out a kid trying to make it all go away?
You never do anything stupid at that age?

I actually feel sorry for all those who have to think in colors and in political parties or other divides.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

There is also the possibility that the Christian School and the Families were taking to much heat. The girl appeared to be telling the truth and as a Christian she may have decided to let it all go away and take the blame. It will help her Family and the school. Being in the headlights of the press stinks for anyone even when not just
a kid.

and the undue scorn it has brought to the school.

The 12-year-old, WRC reported, is a straight-A student and violin player who has attended the private Christian school since kindergarten.

Taking that approach, she would be lying in either case, which is anti-christian since it is against one of the "Big 10". But, you go there and say that yes, these horrible white boys are still guilty.

Seriously??

SMH

You sure like to add a lot to what People say don't you.

You can't envision a few kids doing something stupid and when it comes out a kid trying to make it all go away?
You never do anything stupid at that age?

I actually feel sorry for all those who have to think in colors and in political parties or other divides.

You originally said...

a kid.

Which implies that it is all true, these white boys must have done this, because this poor little black girl MUST be so honorable to decide to take the heat and LIE that she made it all up. Yeah, I think you did imply that in the above post.

Because 12 year old girls never lie, right? So, in each scenario, she has lied one way or the other, which is also what I pointed out in my post.

edit on 9/30/2019 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Yes. And part of the real, true , tragedy is this 12 year old girl thought to even claim it was "white boys" that did it. Not just boys, or name them by name....no, "white boys". Where did she learn to make that type of distinction in the first place?

Home?

The media?

Hollywood?

All of the above?

It sure didn't come from a 12 year old's own mind. A mind that is still forming opinions that will last a lifetime.

Idk, kids can be surprisingly creative... I actually remember ringing up my mum when I was around that age and telling her that a group of black dudes were trying to pick a fight with me, so she'd pick me up, cause I couldn't be bothered walking home from the train station.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

Your absolutely correct.

But, while kids back then didn't think about consequences, I believe more of them understand them at a younger age today. Because of Social media.

I have 6 year old grandsons. They have tablets, and talk about YouTube all the time. I don't know for sure what they are watching. I don't allow the tablets at my house when they visit, but I do try to talk to them about what they watch. But they have a 12 year old sister. I just think they are exposed to WAY more, than I ever was, or even my children where. It is damn scary.

I do need to add, that while they may understand more of consequences, (kids in general), they don't necessarily have any, anymore, the way most of us did as kids.
Punishment just doesn't seem to be as common as it used to be, and I don't see that as a good thing.
edit on 30-9-2019 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Guessing she cut her own hair. I have a 12 year old and she did the same at one point....not blame anyone but cut it herself.

The fact this girl decided to make up a racially charged story is a whole different subject.

I'd like to know what her punishment was and if she will be held accountable for her actions. Granted she is young, but she needs to really learn a lesson from this.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I understand. And I would be willing to bet these boys did taunt her about her hair. That is wrong, yes. However, if that is true she took it to a whole new level of escalation and revenge with her lie.

Its too bad, I hope she learns this lesson early, and it carries through her entire life in her own actions. And, I also hope it does not put a dark stain on her life when 30 years from now someone digs up this story to discredit her either.

That is also wrong in so many ways.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

a reply to: Vasa Croe

I understand. And I would be willing to bet these boys did taunt her about her hair. That is wrong, yes. However, if that is true she took it to a whole new level of escalation and revenge with her lie.

Its too bad, I hope she learns this lesson early, and it carries through her entire life in her own actions. And, I also hope it does not put a dark stain on her life when 30 years from now someone digs up this story to discredit her either.

That is also wrong in so many ways.

I would have to ask if she was the only girl in class with "dreads"....though my guess is they are actually just braids. If she wasn't then ask the others if these boys targeted them too.

These stories are always hit pieces about someone getting bullied for something. Unless these kids are seriously troubled at home, you arent going to have 22 year olds holding a girl down and cutting her hair off....

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I'd like to know what her punishment was and if she will be held accountable for her actions. Granted she is young, but she needs to really learn a lesson from this.

Or maybe its the grown adults who felt this was some how news worthy to begin with, who are the one's that need to learn a lesson from this.

Kids do and say stupid & immature things, that's just what they do... Its the people who think its news worthy and are using this whole ordeal as political ammunition who really need to take a good hard look at themselves, imo.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Or maybe its the grown adults who felt this was some how news worthy to begin with, who are the one's that need to learn a lesson from this.

Kids do and say stupid & immature things, that's just what they do... Its the people who think its news worthy and are using this whole ordeal as political ammunition who really need to take a good hard look at themselves, imo.

I agree. But letting her off the hook because she's a "little girl" is also wrong as well. I still think she should personally apologize to the boys in her class for falsely accusing (i.e. bearing false witness against) them.

edit on 9/30/2019 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Or maybe the real story leaked (kids talk a lot) and it's just a statement made by a lawyer for the family to read to protect them from civil actions.

Jeff

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
any one else wondering what to make of :

The girl's grandmother said she was doing Amari's hair one day when she realized portions of her dreadlocks were missing, which is when the girl told the story.

that alone raises more questions than any reportage of this answers

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
any one else wondering what to make of :

The girl's grandmother said she was doing Amari's hair one day when she realized portions of her dreadlocks were missing, which is when the girl told the story.

that alone raises more questions than any reportage of this answers

Why? It could be a case of her being taunted over it, and then trying to cut them off herself in despair. When her g-ma saw it, and asked her she panicked and made up the story of the assault to get back at the kids for taunting her.

A very simple and likely scenario a 12 year old would come up with not to get punished for cutting off her hair.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
We need to start a new hashtag on social media:

#smolletized

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Did you think that would work because your mom is perhaps racist ?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Wow, I'm shocked.... The Media is normally so good at doing their due diligence on very sensitive matters such as those envolving racial tension..... Shocked I say!
edit on 30-9-2019 by Oppositeoftruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

How cute. A little Jussie Smollett wanna-be.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

How cute. A little Jussie Smollett wanna-be.

Except she slipped up by not saying they yelled "this is MAGA country" while beating her. Perhaps next time?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join