It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Been Mars hunting some cool stuff .

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Something that caught my eye. Looks almost like a little plug and receptacle of some kind. Like an old speaker cable connector. Doesn't look much like any of the other rocks in the vicinity. Shapes.

Color added to highlight "pieces."
mars.nasa.gov... sion=msl

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Here's something interesting (I thought, anyway). The rover scraped along the surface and the way it smears and streaks sure reminds me of mud rather than a lot of dry dust and rocks.

mars.nasa.gov... sion=msl

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

To me it looks exactly like dry and extremely fine dust, as it reacted almost exactly like cement dust.

If it was mud the excess water (or whatever) would have been pressed to the outer edges of the markings.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
a reply to: Blue Shift

To me it looks exactly like dry and extremely fine dust, as it reacted almost exactly like cement dust.

If it was mud the excess water (or whatever) would have been pressed to the outer edges of the markings.

Possibly. I've been looking at pictures of footprints in lunar dust -- where we know for sure there is no water -- and they don't really streak and flake like that, although the prints show dust pushing up along the edges. I'm not saying there would be enough water to squish out. But maybe enough just below the surface to create more adhesion than could be accounted for by a static charge.

Otherwise, my opinion of Mars is pretty much the same. After years of looking, I haven't seen anything that would indicate any current or former life, and it looks like Mars is a completely dead planet.
edit on 7-2-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This large, rectangular pillar with a triangle top does not look very natural.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Here's a few that I always liked.

First - check out the "gold mask" in these pics:

And what's with this notched "thing" in this picture:

I *love* looking at Mars Rover pics...

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: M4ngo

It looks exactly what might happen if a chunk of one of the layers of rock immediately to the right of it broke off and landed partially upright.

Easy to find interesting stuff in Mars images. Too easy.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 10-2-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: M4ngo

It looks exactly what might happen if a chunk of one of the layers of rock immediately to the right of it broke off and landed partially upright.

Easy to find interesting stuff in Mars images. Too easy.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Dang that's a good pic, took me a few minutes to find that square in the original image...lots of interesting things going on in that image!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join