It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 employee + Art Bell

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
RR

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I remember listening to that show and it was really weird at the time because he seemed in such a panic right out of the shoot, I was also listening the night he called back and explained the hoax to Art. It was actually a pretty good hoax that good ol Art bought hook, line and sinker.

Another interesting note on the call is that the band Tool used it in the song Faaip De Oiad that appears on their Lateralus disk. If you get a chance give it a listen, it's even more disturbing set to their music.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RR

Another interesting note on the call is that the band Tool used it in the song Faaip De Oiad that appears on their Lateralus disk. If you get a chance give it a listen, it's even more disturbing set to their music.

Man, I just listened to that and you're totally right. Tool makes it MUCH worse...

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I beleive this. He's also been visited in the middle of the night by the CIA and asked many questions which is the reason why now he really doesnt do many politically motivated shows. Noory does them. I once emailed him and he emailed me back letting me know he's not up to getting the "knock" at 3am any more.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
When this was last discussed a lot of people came to the conclusion that it was a hoax but maybe what the hoaxer said was too close to the truth, causing the govt to pull the plug on the transmission.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I vote hoax.

And if a govenment agency would want to block a radio station, they wouldn't announce it the way it was announced in the hoax.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   
omg we are all doomed.I hope i dii ASAP and be born in a new planet which is very very advanced

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jlc163
I vote hoax.

And if a govenment agency would want to block a radio station, they wouldn't announce it the way it was announced in the hoax.

Ever think that maybe the real hoaxer was the 'government agent'?

Food for thought.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
i will immediately send the original clip and the confession to the NSA for voice recognition and analyzation to make sure it is the same person on each clip.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
If it was a hoax, then how do you explain that the satellites went down and several callers had thier phones go dead? You'd almost have to say that the callers and Art Bell himself were in on the hoax.

I'd say that it is more likely that the person who called in claiming it was a hoax a year later, wasn't the same guy as who made the first call.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
That's kinda freaky. I think it would be alot easier to dismiss if the caller simply just hung up, pretending to get cut off, but to totally lose the signal on their end would denote a REALLY big hoax, a REALLY big coincidence, or the possibility of this being real. Take your pick. As far as him saying they wanted to wipe out the major cities for easier control of the rest, I hope it's a hoax.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
How do you know the government didn't MAKE him call back in and say it was a hoax?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Is it said anywhere why he waited one year to make his confession? If one is to believe that he himself had actually suffered from his prank, why wait so long to make it open?

I guess you could say the same on the flipside.
Why did gov. agents wait one year to debunk it etc...etc My guess is that it really was joke, and a very poor one at that, since he was so very convincing and didnt confess the day after or something.

I´ll never understand why people have this urge to trick and fool eachother with serious matters. Should be common sense IMO.

I mean if we ever would get the real McCoy reporting something similiar, none would believe him/her. Its the old "dont cry wolf...".

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This story is still creepy regardless of its validity.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Everyone please take into account that the caller's alleged intention was to warn people of imminent mass killings, and genocide by their own government.

Instead of ringing up Kofi Annan, he decides to go live on air with Art Bell, knowing that "they" will have tracked him down shortly.
This would be the end of his (trans-) mission then.
And did he make use of the one-time opportunity?
He was completely unprepared, and only cranked out vague suggestions-
quite a silly attempt to safe the life of millions of people...

and rather unbelievable-

I vote for hoax.

[edit on 9-3-2005 by popular mechanics]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by popular mechanics
Everyone please take into account that the caller's alleged intention was to warn people of imminent mass killings, and genocide by their own government.

Instead of ringing up Kofi Annan, he decides to go live on air with Art Bell, knowing that "they" will have tracked him down shortly.
This would be the end of his (trans-) mission then.
And did he make use of the one-time opportunity?
He was completely unprepared, and only cranked out vague suggestions-
quite a silly attempt to safe the life of millions of people...

and rather unbelievable-

I vote for hoax.

[edit on 9-3-2005 by popular mechanics]

Sure you would write a screenplay before making the call. You knew what would happend to you and your family! If i knew what he did i would be #ing scared! I would be crying to - not only for myself but for the whole world. I think this guy was the real deal. To many things in this to go wrong makes it real. Sry bout the gramma and all

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
i just seen the video on disclose tv, it's really weird and have a huge hint of reality, and about the guy who call one year later, if the story is true, that can't be him, he should die for what he did/sayed, the governement just can't go to him and tell him "what you did is wrong now call back to say it was a hoax" let me laugh.

If it's a hoax the whole art bell crew are implicated in it, maybe it's just a guy from the radio station who called? and who can crash a transmission in that way expect the the radio crew himself?

But that seem very real to me, and if it's true the guy is probably dead!!! r.i.p.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ntenzpunishment

Originally posted by popular mechanics

So what do you think they did the 9/11? a picnic or big barbecue?

this is what also look strange to me!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lartsa Cleargleam

Here is the link, once more, to a site where, if you scroll down to the bottom, you can listen to the same caller calling Art back to tell him that it was a hoax:

Click Me.

Let's Think About it This Way, if You Had Just Told Millions Of People Stuff That The Govt Doesn't Want Out Wouldn't They Track You Down And Force You To Call Back And Say it Was Bs? Because To Me it Sounded Like He Had A Gun To His Head When He Said it Was A ''Hoax''

top topics

<< 1   >>

join