It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 employee + Art Bell

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This story still gives me goose bumps. Could this really have been the government's doing????

www.sonic.net...

[edit on 6-3-2005 by meshuggah1324]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I've heard the actual broadcast on a website. I honestly couldn't find any kind of 'sign', if you will, that the caller was perpetrating a hoax. I was not, however, aware of the Area 51 'security' call.

The only question I have is about the date. This took place what, 8 years ago? I remember in the recording the 'impending disaster' was to take place 'real soon'. But, I guess as is most often the case, time shall tell..

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
area 51 is boring to me....

art bell?
!! he is a fog machine. the confusion he spawns and perpetuates on that show is the intended effect, not some unfortunate part of a quest for the truth that he is supposedly leading us on.

i don't think scoring trivia about area 51 is going to help us deal with the tyranny and terror that is coming for us all.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I found that a very interesting read.

Does anybody out there have alink to the show so I can listen to it?

Thanks!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
www.metatech.org...

This link has the mp3 at the bottom of the page for you to download!

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Interesting mp3. I had never heard about that happening. Maybe because I didn't pay attention to Art Bell anyways.

Could have been just some wacko acting like he was a former employee. We'll probably never know.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I just got done listening to it and here are my impressions:

The caller is either one of the greatest (and unknown) voice actors of our time or he was who he said he was. I would've leaned more towards the former simply because all of the times when he was "crying" he could've been laughing as a similar sound is made, however, the fact that Art says "We lost all transmit capability...I've never seen it do this in ALL the years we've been on the air," kind of makes me lean towards the latter.

Normally, I'm incredibly skeptical of this kind of stuff, but this, my friends, is pretty believable.

I won't toss all of my chips in just yet, though.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Simply amazing that this would happen at the same time a "so-called" Area 51 employee is spilling the beans. Put two and two together. I think it's real. Just my gut feeling.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This call was amazing!!!!!

when he gets disconnected off the air shows that its that provs that its real but the crying does sound like laghing some times

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Sometimes crying sounds like laughing when you're crying and talking fast at the same time gasping for air like this guy.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Hi.

Did some research on it and stumbled upon this old thread. Apparently this was the last time this call was brought up.

In that thread, you can find a link to this website that has the same man that made the call, calling in almost a year later to claim it was a hoax (scroll all the way to the bottom).

My new impressions:

It's definitely the same guy. He's either a great actor, or, like someone mentioned in the aforementioned thread, he was telling the truth and then was forced to call in and claim it was a hoax.

The skeptic in me rears its ugly little head.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
My question is that why is he so afraid right out of the gun? He sounds like he is about to be killed and just had an attempt at his life. I personally don't think this is real. Everything I have heard about 'area 51' is that noone talks with out major reprecutions. For this guy to say he was medically discharged a week before the call would be just asking to be found.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I don't know. It's still a bit weird that the sattelite went down like that...

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by brocke
I don't know. It's still a bit weird that the sattelite went down like that...

Maybe the writer had written himself into a corner and couldn't close the deal....laugh laugh laugh until it hurts. Prolly was in the room next to Art, watching to see how high the ratings spiked.
We'll be right back after this commercial with this Earth shatterinbg news about...........................................................................................

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
idk it could of been real weird that the people listening got there computers and digital stuff wiped from it maybe he was speaking the truth of the matter or maybe he was full of # we'll never know but if the goverment wanted him to call in saying he made it all up then he'd do it id say.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
alright.. more questions then... Does the government have people sitting out side every brodcast station listening to them and have a magic box that can cut the signal? It always seems to take a minute or so for the signal to cut out no matter if its TV, Satalite, or Radio. Just enough time for a major 'secret' to be let out then the continuing explination seems to get cut off partly into it.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
wow this guy is freakin out on the phone.. he doesnt have alot of time!... i sorta believe it

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
One of the reasons I rarely post on message boards and merely lurk is because most people do not read any farther than the first post before commenting.

Folks.

Here is the link, once more, to a site where, if you scroll down to the bottom, you can listen to the same caller calling Art back to tell him that it was a hoax:

Click Me.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrpKeeGTZ
alright.. more questions then... Does the government have people sitting out side every brodcast station listening to them and have a magic box that can cut the signal? It always seems to take a minute or so for the signal to cut out no matter if its TV, Satalite, or Radio. Just enough time for a major 'secret' to be let out then the continuing explination seems to get cut off partly into it.

very well said...MAYBE the guy really worked at area 51 but i doubt the fact that the radio station went kaput as he was speeking is a bit exagerated...i think the radio station was fishing for attention and callers....just my opinion..could be true...who knows.........lets get a big army and march into dreamland...have a look around

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Wow. It was a hoax!!
That caller did a great impression of the guy who was going nuts. Good stuff.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join