It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AR-15... Golf style

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Out in my neck of the woods we do AR-15 golf tournament. We shoot .223 blanks with a golf ball mod on the AR. This is fun as heck. Pretty much you shoot until you get to the green and put from there. I've attached a short video clip to give you a better idea.

Has anyone else ever done this?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

That's about the only way I would enjoy golf.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

It's a blast, half the people that participate don't even play golf. This is the 3rd one we've done and turn out is usually 9-10 teams of 4. Every team gets a modded AR.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I use mine for charity tournaments for the Special Forces community. I set up on a par 5 and let the 4 somes shoot their shot instead of hit with a club. As you know, the shot can be a bit squirley due to no rifling in the tube, but it's fun as hell, and raises good money for the charity. I just hate handing the weapon to a guy who I'm pretty sure is an operator and asking if he needs help with the safety. They usually smile and say no. But I have to ask, as too many folks squeeze the trigger and I see the barrel jerk, only to let them know again that the safety is on.

FYI, this is the answer when someone asks why a civilian needs an AR15.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Cool, what golf course is that? Cool that a golf course would set up something like that. Or was this a rogue group sneaking on the course?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Just played in an tournament and they had a Par 5 with a compressed air cannon that launches the ball over 400 yards.
I launched my 390 center of the fairway. Fun stuff.

It’s Cool that your able to get out there and help enhance golf tournaments that way.
edit on 30-9-2019 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Now that looks fun.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Reminiscent of the M-1 rifle grenade. The originals fired a blank that would launch the grenade using a barrel attachment. This could be boosted further with a blank .45 long colt inserted into the base of the grenade by the fins.
The rifle butt was always grounded to fire as the grenade weighed about 1.5 pounds [~ 10,000 grains] and recoil was significant.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist

This is at Highpoint Golf Club in Essex IL

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

That looks like a lot of fun to be fair, you guys across the pond do make me smile! 🙂

If I were to recommend or even suggest this kind of thing to local golf clubs, even for charity, they would immediately go into seizure and have a complete meltdown, lol

S&F 🍻

edit on 2/10/2019 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: Autocorrect decided that I was using the wrong word, again, 🤷🏻‍♂️

top topics

join