It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine: a far left wing 2 for 1?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
The OMB froze ALL the foreign aid money while it conducted an audit in preparation for an incoming recission request. The audit lasted six days. 3 Aug- 9 Aug. During those six days Trump decided not to send a recission decision to Congress and released the funds.

Scandalous...

That doesn't give any validity to your argument of Trump being protected by rescission. You're just describing what happened.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: RadioRobert
If you can't provide evidence of what Joe Biden has done without bringing up Donald Trump, then that pretty much says it all...

Here you go. No mention of He Who Must Not be Named

As the facts show, that was a lie by Biden. The prosecutor wasn't fired until 3 months later.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

The OMB froze ALL the foreign aid money while it conducted an audit in preparation for an incoming recission request. The audit lasted six days. 3 Aug- 9 Aug. During those six days Trump decided not to send a recission decision to Congress and released the funds.

Scandalous...

That doesn't give any validity to your argument of Trump being protected by rescission. You're just describing what happened.

Only if you don't have any idea how the process works... In order to create a rescission bill, the administration has to conduct an audit. In order to have an active audit, you have to freeze accounting. There is no law that prevents timely audits by the OMB. Nor is there any law that prevents an administration from changing it's mind about rescission and agree to funding without sending a rescission bill to Congress.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The other real tell that you don't know what is going on or how it works is that if the President really wanted to hold the funds, he could have.
He could have drafted a bill after the audit and held the accounts frozen for 45 days afterwards. He could drafted a bill and have sent it to both House and Senate on August 15th. Since the forty five days would have expired today, and the fiscal year also ends today, there would have been no way for Congress to legally stop him.

Now you're twisting the fact that he did not in fact do this is somehow a scandal and abuse of Congress's power of the purse. It also completely undermines the "orange man withheld aid from Ukraine" narrative when you look at the context, so I'm pleasantly surprised you ignorantly choose to keep going down this path. Tell your friends to keep screedhing that the real scandal is that Trump didn't withhold foreign aid!

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: contextual
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

In Joe Biden’s own words and backed up by under oath testimony of Ukrainians. Biden said stop the investigation or me and the American tax payers’ money are getting on Air Force 2 and we are peacing our.

Wrong, a guy was fired for not investigating corruption.
You've either just learned this right now or, knew it and repeat a lie, question is which is it?
If you are knowingly lying the question is, why?

It's worse than I thought...the OP hasn't even got the false story right..crazies!

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I would agree that Biden did not hold enough sway to have the appropriations held back. However, he did make the claim and President Obama could stop the funds from reaching those in charge in Ukraine. I cannot agree that he acted ethically in regards to Ukraine as he was involved in campaigning Congress members for the Ukrainian funds, he inserted himself, and of course President Obama would have had to agree, by traveling and meeting with Ukrainian officials about the appropriations and other topics, largely centered on the rampant corruption within the Ukraine goverment.

Normal duties for a Vice President perhaps, but remember that Hunter Biden, who sadly has a history with substance abuse, was discharged from Naval service, after a special Commission was afforded him, for the illegal use of coc aine. He was subsequently hired by Burisma Holding, an entity controlled by a variety of shady political figures and notorious oligarchs and was paid according to recent reports eighty-three thousand dollars a month to be an advisory board member despite little to no experience in the industry and unable to even speak the language of the Ukrainian people.

Hunter Bidens lack of any skills other than his connections in the US government and his previous lobbying efforts in the K Street circles of DC is enough to shake your head over. Not that any illegal actions occurred, I just dont have enough information to say one way or another, but it certainly is not ethical behavior, but is par for the course for our representatives in Washington. Keep in mind that Hunter was working for several years as a lobbyist while his Father was Institutionalizeing himself in Congress and eventually as the represenative of the second highest office in our government.

President Bush put him on the board of Amtrak, the quasi government-private transportation entity, again with no specific skills to benefit the company other than a law degree, again while his Father was providing oversight as a sitting Senator. His very first job out of law school was with a banking-investment-lobbying firm who was a substantial contributor to the senior Bidens various campaigns. Again, no evidence of wrong doing but certainly not ethical, at least not from the standards of average Americans.

More recently, another incident involving Hunter and his substance abuse problems, he returned a rental car forgetting his baggie of coc aine, the pipe he allegedly used to consume the coc aine, a badge from the Attorney Generals office and various personal items like identification and credit cards. LEO investigated both the pipe and "white powder" confirming that the powder was coc aine, and that the pipe tested positive for coc aine residue. No prosecution, as it was determined it would be regarded as a misdemeanor in court so no charges were brought.

My concern is not so much the coc aine, but why would he have a badge which identified him as an individual working in the Attorney Generals office. However, people are brought to court everyday for substances that are now legal in some states including misdemeanor charges which often end in steep fines, court cost, and expensive substance abuse programs, and long probation periods. This man needs someone to step in and at least offer help through a substance abuse program. Again, not exactly the ethical behavior expected and misrepresenting himself as someone in the Attorney Generals office is an offense which could be grounds for disbarment, a court officer misrepresenting himself.

And now questions on his most recent hedge fund investment firm, primarily involved in finding investments for the communist country of China. He flew with his Father during an official trip on Air Force 2 to China. The reason for the official visit has yet to be revealed, but we do know that the Vice President met with Chinas own Xi Jinping. Ten days after that visit, the firm Hunter established with former Secretary of State John Kerry's son, recieved a reported sum of a billon dollars with China's State owned bank, and later another half a billion made it to the same firm from the same bank.

Again, there are no indications of improprieties, yet there has not been any formal investigation either. This behavior is why President Trump has brought the issue to the table. I am glad he held 420 million back from a government whose past is shady, whose corruption was apparently recognized enough for the Vice President to publically threaten to withhold funding his own administration leader authorized earlier, at least until he talked to the newly elected Ukrainian President.

Again, it's the unethical behaviors that deserve investigation. Behaviour by the way that President Obama himself questioned the VP about, citing that just the appearance of improprieties was not good. This post should help in your search of unethical behavior, the opportunity for criminal behavior was abundant. The only way to show otherwise is for a formal investigation, but clearly its unequivocally unethical behavior on the part of Vice President Biden and Hunter Biden. I am really quite shocked that anyone, Republican or Democrat would argue that ethics are not an issue when it comes to our political movers and shakers.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

a reply to: RadioRobert
If you can't provide evidence of what Joe Biden has done without bringing up Donald Trump, then that pretty much says it all...

Here you go. No mention of He Who Must Not be Named

As the facts show, that was a lie by Biden. The prosecutor wasn't fired until 3 months later.

so does the fact that Biden is a liar have anything to do with what he said and did?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

when you put all that together, it kind of looks just a little fishy. I think we should be angry as hell at anyone who suggests it be looked into. you know, just to parade our integrity around a bit.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Evidence of wrong doing or just mud slinging?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: contextual

In Joe Biden’s own words and backed up by under oath testimony of Ukrainians. Biden said stop the investigation or me and the American tax payers’ money are getting on Air Force 2 and we are peacing our.

Wrong, a guy was fired for not investigating corruption.
You've either just learned this right now or, knew it and repeat a lie, question is which is it?
If you are knowingly lying the question is, why?

So why do you think Biden's coke addict son was paid such a lucrative amount from a foreign investor immediately following Biden's trip there?

Let's here the spin!

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Good graces I typed all that on my mobile. My apologies for being verbose but jeez its business as usual with the DC crowd. It's really not left versus right as it's just right versus wrong. That sums it up better than my multi paragraph response, Right versus Wrong

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join