It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats pressured foreign countries for dirt on Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Getting back to the focus of this thread: In 2017 the Trump administration was declaring the DNC involved with Ukraine to foil his election. DNC denies working with Ukranian government
Ukranian efforts to sabotage Trump backfires

It is obvious that the previous administration in Ukraine were choosing sides. Trump has been talking about the DNC shenanigans with Ukraine from long before he made this call with the new Ukranian President Zelensky.

Edit add: Thus, the previous President of Ukraine was obviously going to assist the Dems in hopes of continued funding. It is a shame for the DNC that a new President Zelensky has arrived and has no history of their corrupt practices.
edit on 9 30 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

There seems to be enough evidence to warrant an investigation on the DNC, and their involvement with foreign entities during the last election. Seeing as Biden was VP at the time, and they were pressuring Ukraine with money as leverage, all we have is their word as to why.

Since Trump's word doesn't fly when it comes to probes, neither should theirs. While I question how smart it was for Trump to personally attach his name to the inquiry with Ukraine's new president... I don't see much difference with others in the DNC including Biden personally attaching his name as VP for "diplomatic" or possible political purposes.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: CriticalStinker

You can thank SCOTUS for Citizen's United, dark money and Political Action Committees (PACs) and the legal funding of the Steele Dossier.

The Steele dossier was started by Republicans.

For a conspiracy website people either ignore many facts or are simply still obtuse some three years later.
Maybe you and others are just biased towards trump and the Republicans and knowingly lie and spread disinformation?
I wonder how many are just shills getting paid to lie? The IQ of this place can't be that low, there is the guiliability factor however, the easily manipulated will believe anything.
What did goebbels say

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

Which does explains many people's motives here. Liars gonna keep on lying!

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: contextual

Wow. Really going after peoples IQ and what not.

You even accused a member of being pro-Trump we all know is not (Sookiechacha).

And per your source-

All of the work that Fusion GPS provided to the Free Beacon was based on public sources, and none of the work product that the Free Beacon received appears in the Steele dossier. The Free Beacon had no knowledge of or connection to the Steele dossier, did not pay for the dossier, and never had contact with, knowledge of, or provided payment for any work performed by Christopher Steele. Nor did we have any knowledge of the relationship between Fusion GPS and the Democratic National Committee, Perkins Coie, and the Clinton campaign

So while it very well may have started out a republican opo-research... The context of this thread is when campaign (or political interest groups) get said research from foreign sources. Given your username, I thought context was your specialty.

No harm no foul though... Because at the end of the day, we're all trying to navigate these murky waters. And while you accuse others of their bias, we all know yours.
edit on 30-9-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

really? that is your first response?

Surely you say the same to the thousands of anti dem IQ responses? yes? no?

I am going to guess no, and presume you have said the same yourself at some point.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Wasn't just "pressure". There was fabrication of fake evidence....and a host of other crimes. Some of them will be detailed in the upcoming DOJ FISA abuse report.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

really? that is your first response?

Surely you say the same to the thousands of anti dem IQ responses? yes? no?

I am going to guess no, and presume you have said the same yourself at some point.

I've actually defended plenty of left leaning members in forums. In the last year, I've probably been more critical of Trump than not.

I doubt I've ever really gone after IQ as political leanings are an opinion, and there are many on both sides who I think have great views. Maybe I've said someone's comment is just wrong given facts, but I usually try to counter it rather than sling mud.

That being said, I'm not perfect and sometimes can be snarky... But I've had great conversations with all ideologies on this site so long as people are willing to discourse.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

edit on 30-9-2019 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Why is it that another shenanigan got pulled on both James Brennan and James Comey's watch. I mean whatever happened to serve and protect on behalf of the "National Security of The United States"

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Here's another way to ask that. If trump openly bragged about withholding aid to help his son avoid prosecution, would you still not care?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

The hypocrisy from the left is staggering... We literally have Joe Biden on tape admitting to doing what they claim Trump did, but with Trump, there's zero evidence of "quid pro quo", but just a second hand whistle-blower claim, a claim that was allowed to be made by altering the whistle blower laws taking it from first hand account to second hand account 2 days before the story broke... Simply put, madness.... such utter BS madness.....

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ErEhWoN

I don't know

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Agree. I also wonder why one guy on CNN is on 24 / 7 road rage. I mean this guy is going to die young because he never smiles and he's always a grumpy guy. He did vote for the communist party candidate during a presidential election. I am OK with that but I am not OK with the reason he gave to the CIA at that time. So I will look into what he was so angry about back in 1976. I am a little younger than he is but so what was he angry about back then. The Vietnam war? Nixon pulled the Troops out before he resigned and Brennan didn't have to serve in a war. Jimmy Carter?
World Peace? The Environment? Nuclear Power?

While riding a bus to class at Fordham, he saw an ad in The New York Times that said that the CIA was recruiting. He decided that a CIA career would be a good match for his "wanderlust" and his desire for public service.[6] He applied to the CIA in 1980. During his application he admitted during a lie-detector test that he had voted for the Communist Party candidate four years earlier. To his surprise, he was still accepted; he later said that he finds it heartening that the CIA valued freedom of speech.[21]

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Time for Wack A Mole. You outright wrote an outright lie. I just read your embedded link and its nothing about the Republicans starting the Steele Dossier.

MOD TIME

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Another excellent comment. Thanks and YES to Duck Duck Go.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
Has a sitting president ever called on foreign leaders to get dirt on an opponent?

Trump has repeatedly appoint family and allies to positions of power, are you okay with that but get riled up about Biden's sons cushy job(that you had no idea about a month ago)?

Who cares if we didn't know it a month ago? You didn't know Trump said rich guys could grab women by the pussy for over a decade and people threw a huge fit over it. Stay biased on that agenda bro.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

You know after thinking about it I am NOT going to contact the MODS to have your statement removed. Its so ludicrous.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Biden’s son has very much been the topic of conversation.

They ignored it, now they think it was found out about a month ago. Democrats.... Always the loser.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: highvein

Wow, a thread with 10 replies.

As I said before, Hunter's job was a non issue and not known by the general public until the whistleblower report.

A non issue except the NYT reporting on it back in 2015 highlighting corruption?

Seriously... you cannot be that delusional.

Oh bull# he can't...

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: contextual

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

You can thank SCOTUS for Citizen's United, dark money and Political Action Committees (PACs) and the legal funding of the Steele Dossier.

For a conspiracy website people either ignore many facts or are simply still obtuse some three years later.
Maybe you and others are just biased towards trump and the Republicans and knowingly lie and spread disinformation?
I wonder how many are just shills getting paid to lie? The IQ of this place can't be that low, there is the guiliability factor however, the easily manipulated will believe anything.
What did goebbels say

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

Which does explains many people's motives here. Liars gonna keep on lying!

Dossiers are started on all candidates. Nothing new. What is new is using it to get FISA warrants on unverified intel. That has never been done before. The DNC picked up the tab on that dossier and then pushed it in a tortured way to hide they paid for it and shopped it to get a FISA warrant.

The DNC fought for a while to keep secret they were paying for it. The Republicans who started it never did that. They never denied it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join