It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40 future predictions.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

You sure about electricity being cheap? It's been going up each year for the past 5 years where I live.. the standing charge is what causes it which I thin is a big rip off, especially if you are away from the home for longer than you are in it.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
And with nuclear power electricity will be so cheap you won't even need a meter!

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

You sure about electricity being cheap? It's been going up each year for the past 5 years where I live.. the standing charge is what causes it which I thin is a big rip off, especially if you are away from the home for longer than you are in it.

that standing charge… is that the monthly Fee you pay for being connected ?

this place uses $75- 140$ each & every month, but its never Empty of people

the water bill levies a minimum cost of $17.00 before the user runs the first gallon of water through the pipes...

I think all utilities get a built-in service fee for their usage Bill... its what you pay for the infrastructure costs of the utility...
i'm still waiting for the refunds $ that's been paid over the years for the Nuclear Plant that was never completed that would provide electricity for the next 100 years without pollution... the Billions levied on the taxpayers was all divvied up by lawyers/politicians & the humble taxpayers are left with cooling towers as monuments to Atoms

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

> 10. A baby of today will only see personal cars in museums. The FUTURE is approaching faster than most of us can handle.
>
> 24. Autonomous cars: In 2018 the first self-driving cars are already here. In the next 2 years, the entire industry will start to be disrupted. You won't want to own a car anymore as you will call a car with your phone, it will show up at your location and drive you to your destination.

I get the feeling the person who wrote this is trying to trigger people, or just very ignorant of how the real world actually works. A large fraction of people enjoy the driving experience and would not give that up, while another large fraction of people would never give up their personal vehicle in favor of a self-driving taxi, regardless of how fast it arrived. This is written by one of those people who think absolutely everything needs an app or needs to be automated in some way so they can "make use of every minute of the day".
edit on 30/9/2019 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

One thing I noticed was a disposal for all the worn out battery's for the electric vehicles. Last I knew they were very bad for the environment. Who's going to pay for that if nobody owns a personal vehicle anymore?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Future events such as these will affect you in the future.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321

One thing I noticed was a disposal for all the worn out battery's for the electric vehicles. Last I knew they were very bad for the environment. Who's going to pay for that if nobody owns a personal vehicle anymore?

They will be recycled into rooftop solar storage. It's already a thing.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

sorry for late reply, yes it is a monthly fee before any usage but what I'm saying is, even if you aren't at home for a month or 2, you still have to pay that fee, unless you dis-connect and re-connect each time but that will be time consuming, plus you may have to pay each time for that.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

1. Is obvious when Autoshops refuse to change. I'm currently working in one already and they were offered free Tesla training, but the manager didn't take it.

2. End of Petrol engine is a must, its complex and oil does come forever. Waiting to trade my car for a proper electric car that doesn't catch on fire like Tesla right now.

3. Robots replacing our work due to increase demand and lack of training. Also corporate takeover.

4. Great technology, but its most likely robotic arms. There needs to be someone servicing that unless it was built by robots to do robotic things. This goes back to #3. This can be cause by Corporate takeover, rich people unwilling to train or pay people to service machines, but machine services machine.

5. Gas is outdated, it done by fracking. Electric is the future because they are cheaper and will have higher range than petrol in the future.

6. Yup. Will it become a monopoly? #3 says so. So this all about the companies monopolizing the system.

7. That makes sense because you should not mix oil/gas with electric current. It will cause major fire. Tesla batteries uses a different type of fire extinguisher than gas/oil.

8. I won't say that. Coal is outdated should have been gone. Natural Gas and oil for lubrication will still stay. Such oils needs are still for mechanical parts of the vehicle like suspensions, wheels, door frames, compressed tools, and tires. Tesla suspension/wheels are not all electric esp for winter. People still change tires for electric cars in the shop unless they manage to get ride of tire completely. Motor oil will probably be gone cause obvious reasons.

9. Makes sense. Not sure what will happen to dams though. But if water world happens we need the tech for electricity.

10. Goes back to auto shops not accepting the free training. People are working too long an hour to have time to change.

11-14. The company did not evolve and tried to monopolize by suppressing technology. It asked for it just like what happening to GM since EV. Resource base economy is the future. The less material require the better the tech.

15. AI monopoly done by companies is not only a threat to humanity, but to the world. This is why China = good & US = bad. Gov > Companies/corporations. Follow the public rules for civilian sector.

16. Was bound to happen, but is it done right? Looking at US right, obviously no. Guys keep calling every system communist.

17. Hope not. We need to keep a lot of tools analog. Too much digital. I'm planning to by analog pressure checker. So far I see digital and require freaking battery. You can't never go wrong with analog.

18. Taxi companies tried to monopolize the system and didn't evolve. That is their own fault. I mean look at Cuban style taxis. They have culture. Western doesn't apart from the Brits with their classic car style.

19. Hotels are not evolving when they should. I just google them. Its no surprise because there rooms are much better.

20. You can't compete with database/record based system. They don't forget anything. We humans do.

21-22. Good

23. Bad, the fk does facebook needs that tech. They aren't Gov control agency to protect the population. WTH man.

24-25. Military will have fun while civilian sector doesn't. This is bad and should be banned because Space Age will render that useless. Self automated travelling to other planet systems is needed on spacecrafts, but manual override must be forced to these tech by law. Again companies are doing things wrong.

26. Good, but still if we are not moving to space colonization then we are basically slaves to the system.

27. Reason for most death is cause by stress, lack of sleep, being late to work and over worked. Gov is not doing its job to prevent, control, and protect. If people aren't working so much and bringing the cars to be check every few thousand miles in autoshop, this won't be happening. I have change oil to cars with very little oil left in the engine and the brakes and tire being worn out. I've seen a lot of drivers rushing without using indicators. I can obvious see the reason, autonomous cars allow people to relax, sleep and do other things without touching the wheels.

28. Car companies not evolving properly when they should. Car companies need to start hiring IT tech coders for computer based system and makes things less complicated to the drive such as how you start the engine, etc. I've seen cars with complex system which is highly unnecessary. Cars has tracking system now, if it gets stole it can be tracked. China was the one that saved so many car companies for a long time and buying their time. Better start following China's route. Range Rover is still being protected for now. Hummer died very early for not selling to China until too late. Chinese can't save your butts for long.

29. That is the plan. Actually hybrid cars now a days accelerate faster than non hybrids. The extra electric motor helps boost the speed.

30. Engineers are not taking the free training or the training is not free. Either that or electric vehicles have too many different setups and gets confusing.

31. This might be good if car companies insure their own vehicles and track records. Replacing insurance companies. would be a lot less hassle.

32. Good as long as its properly done. Towers are meant for sightseeing, office works & other stuff anyways(there aren't homes). A lot of towers should be converted to Hotels, sightseeing and Helicopters/VTOL Spacecraft pads(for civilian, Search & Rescue/Military).

33-36. Good

37. Bad, Companies are not evolving. Big Oil needs to die anyways. Natural Gas can still be around for space colonization. Its up to them if they side with Big Oil.

38. Good. But, I want a separate scanner to scan for environmental particles like Star Trek such as Oxygen, metal like Iron, radiation, etc to see if the place is suitable to live in for life. Maybe in the future.

39. This might be bad, there needs to be an alternate route for trading precious metal like gold/silver. Physical currency should not disappear just for survival part of life.

40. I'm pretty AI will be the only that can hack and screw you over. Same goes for recordings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join