It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: Pakistan's Musharraf: Bin Laden trail has 'gone cold'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Pakistan leader Pervez Musharraf has indicated that the trail for Osama Bin Laden has gone cold. While recent intelligence has shown him to be alive, Musharraf stated, "we don't know where he is". His remarks were made in Britain following meetings in Washington. Pakistan is keeping the pressure on by maintaining troops in the region Bin laden is believed to be hiding.

news.bbc.co.uk
Troops searching for Osama Bin Laden along Pakistan's border with Afghanistan have no idea where he is, says Pakistan leader Pervez Musharraf.

Recent intelligence proved that the al-Qaeda leader was alive, Gen Musharraf told the Washington Post, but "we don't know where he is."

Thousands of Pakistani troops have been deployed in the border areas.

Gen Musharraf, a key ally in the war on terror, is now in the UK after talks in Washington with President Bush.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Its interesting to see they have not caught him. However, Pakistani Intel long supported the Taliban and no doubt there remains a loyal following within its ranks. perhaps they continue to funnel information to Bin Laden and that has allowed him to escape thus far. However, is Bin laden still a thread? As he nations of the world keep up the pressure, his organization is becoming increasingly isolated. His capture would be a moral victory but I doubt the attacks would stop.

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I think its possible that the US has an idea of the general location where bin Laden is, and they feel that they have him fairly isolated and contained. They know if they made an attempt at apprehending him it would be next to impossible. It would cost American lives, and it'd be unlikely that bin Laden would allow himself to be taken alive. We don't want to make him a martyr, thats what bin Laden wants.

Also capturing him may result in an escalation of terror attacks. Maybe I'm wrong. With the exception of him being an insperational figure for terror, I don't feel that he is personally the threat he once was. He is too isolated to be a fully functioning terror leader. The al Qaeda organization has been redesigned to operate independently of bin Laden, especially since 9/11. Some call it "al Qaeda 2.0"

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
We don't want to make him a martyr, thats what bin Laden wants.

Martys all have one thing in common though, they are dead. Id rather have him dead than alive at any rate, cvan you imagine the wave of kidnappings and beheading that would result?

You right that Qaeda can operation without Bin laden as they are set up in small cells. Its a better tactic to go after thier money it seems.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Would not seem not only does the country support them , but may actually have a base set up for them , like our crystal peak.....a hardened facility in a mountain , a facility with an entrance far enough away that normal vehicle and foot traffic lanes cover the activity around the entrance making it harder to tell if the tracks where normal or not.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I am going to say that is not that Musharraf can't find it, but I more inclined to believe that he does not what to find it.

Pakistan is and always be bin-laden safe haven,

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I am going to say that is not that Musharraf can't find it, but I more inclined to believe that he does not what to find it. Pakistan is and always be bin-laden safe haven,

I don't know if it goes as high as Musharraf. Pakistani Intell were big Taliban people and lest we forget thier chief was canned not long after 911 and its rumored he may have been a bit player in that. I could see a rouge cell keeping Bin Laden one step ahead of Pakistans sweeps.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
People should not forget that Bin Laden has worked in the interests of the US in the past. Because he has his ties within the ranks of the Pakistani Intel, which subsequently ties him to the CIA, it is no wonder that he still remains "hidden". I think that they (CIA/Pakistan) Intel know where he is. It is always the same in the media, he is not to be found, probably never will be. He still serves the interests of the US today, as in the past.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL
People should not forget that Bin Laden has worked in the interests of the US in the past. Because he has his ties within the ranks of the Pakistani Intel, which subsequently ties him to the CIA, it is no wonder that he still remains "hidden". I think that they (CIA/Pakistan) Intel know where he is. It is always the same in the media, he is not to be found, probably never will be. He still serves the interests of the US today, as in the past.

YES, I AGREE WITH THE REMAKRS POSTED BY IMMORTAL, BUT THE QUESTION IS THIS WHY CIA/US HAS BEEN FUNDED TO UBL WHEN CIA KNOWS BETTER REST OF THE WORLD's INTEL. THE 9/11 COMMISSION REPORT TELLES US THE WHOLE STORY OF JEWISH LOBBY WORKS BEHIND THE CURTAIN. UBL, THE CHARACTER -UBL-ESTABLISHED BY THE JEWISH-AMERICAN HAWKS TO SAVE THEIR SKINKS. THE UBL IS GOING TO BE USED BY THESE HAWKS FOR ATTACKING PAKISTAN's STRATIGIC ASSETS ONLY.....THE CIA HAS BEEN FUNDED UBL FOR THEIR OWN INTEREST AND NOW HIS NAME IS USING AS OFTEN PARENTS USED FOR THEIR CHILDREN WHO DO NOT ASLEEP IN TIME.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by apnao

Originally posted by IMMORTAL

YES, I AGREE WITH THE REMAKRS POSTED BY IMMORTAL, BUT THE QUESTION IS THIS WHY CIA/US HAS BEEN FUNDED TO UBL WHEN CIA KNOWS BETTER REST OF THE WORLD's INTEL. THE 9/11 COMMISSION REPORT TELLES US THE WHOLE STORY OF JEWISH LOBBY WORKS BEHIND THE CURTAIN. UBL, THE CHARACTER -UBL-ESTABLISHED BY THE JEWISH-AMERICAN HAWKS TO SAVE THEIR SKINKS. THE UBL IS GOING TO BE USED BY THESE HAWKS FOR ATTACKING PAKISTAN's STRATIGIC ASSETS ONLY.....THE CIA HAS BEEN FUNDED UBL FOR THEIR OWN INTEREST AND NOW HIS NAME IS USING AS OFTEN PARENTS USED FOR THEIR CHILDREN WHO DO NOT ASLEEP IN TIME.

Well, the hide and seek game is in progress. What I BELIEVE, I AMERICAN SETALLITES CAN FIND AN AUNT ON THE EARTHE-HOW CAN THEY NOT FIND THE MAN MOST WANTED BYTHEM RIGHT NOW???

I STRONGLY BELEIVE, CIA KEEPING A TRACK RECORD THAT IT CAN SELL THEIR MOTHER ONLY FOR 10GMS HERIONE POWDER. IN AFGHANISTAN, HERIONE IS BEING SOLD AS TO SELL CHEWGUM!!! SO, THE INHOUS CORRUPTION IN CIA ENTANGLED TO CAPTURE UBL.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Wowsers, that has to be COINTELPRO
I am confused as HELL after reading that post

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I DONT THINK he is alive. Or he could be alive and well protected. He could be just about anywhere...0000ps, no, its not him.

Most remote viewers i've heard on the radio think he's dead.

top topics

join