It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobel Prize-Winning Physicist Says He Is 99% Sure That ESP Is Real

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Can you look me up de definition of Perception...

Peace

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Well, what old Old Ather C Clarke said springs to mind "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

ESP seems to border on the realms of such, nevermind a few other areas of study.
edit on 1-10-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Breakthestreak
ESP seems to border on the realms of such, nevermind a few other areas of study.

There would have to be some kind of energy transfer involved, but we don't detect any. The tendency is to equate it with brainwaves or radio or something like that, but those are physical, measurable things. But the transfer seems to consist of concepts rather than something like an EM wave we can measure and quantify. Visual and cognitive constructs, shapes, patterns, language, etc., transmitted or transferred without direct physicality.

That's a hard thing to bend your mind around, and it's external to conventional analysis that focuses on EM detection. That makes it a very tough nut to crack. Is there another kind of force we can't detect yet? Why not? Can we figure out a way to detect it? Maybe using a device that amplifies a reaction from a living thing. A detector that incorporates bacteria or plant cells in its circuitry. I don't know.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Sounds like a kind of spooky action at a distance to me, or entanglement may be at play.

What if our minds are linked to the quantum realm in ways we have as of yet to realize?

It's all just mere speculation all the same.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Certainly speculation, but "mere?" That's how all great discoveries started.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU
a reply to: Phage

Best you look up the definition of spiritualism before advertising to the whole world your ignorance.

If Phage ever advertises ignorance then he’s been replaced by a bot.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Could anyone tell me what do you mean by 'ESP'?
Neither the OP or the link makes it clear.. google gives me 'electronic stability program' .. yeah thats real

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Drazzl

Alleged abilities like Telekinesis, Pyrokinesis, Precognition all under the category of ESP

Essentially that kind of stuff.
edit on 2-10-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Drazzl

Extra Sensory Perception...

Perception: the ability to see, hear, or become aware of something through the senses

Sensory: relating the physical senses ie. hearing, seeing, tasting, feeling and smelling

Extra: unknown sensory input

Peace
edit on 2-10-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Cheers

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Sounds like a kind of spooky action at a distance to me, or entanglement may be at play.

What if our minds are linked to the quantum realm in ways we have as of yet to realize?

This is my go-to theory for all things telekinetic, ESP, etc.

If you subscribe to the theory of Quantum entanglement, then every atom in the universe is potentially connected. That includes the ones in our brains.

I don't believe in anything such as 'magic' or anything that suggests some supernatural force at play. I believe that there is a scientific explanation for these things and people who are adept at remote viewing, astral projection, telekinesis and so on have (subsconsciously) managed to exert more control over the mechanism that allows their brains to engage in quantum entanglement, more so than the remaining 99.9% of us.

I think we all have the potential but just haven't figured out yet exactly how that mechanism operates.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: elgaz

If you subscribe to the theory of Quantum entanglement, then every atom in the universe is potentially connected.

That's not really the way it works.

Entanglement occurs when a pair of particles, such as photons, interact physically. A laser beam fired through a certain type of crystal can cause individual photons to be split into pairs of entangled photons.

www.livescience.com...

That is not the only way that entanglement occurs, every atom is not connected to every atom in the Universe. They can't be. Entanglement refers to shared characteristics and all particles are not the same.

edit on 10/3/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: elgaz

Well, when is it not about showing your workings?

The mechanism and operation is indeed the ticket.

I think Richard Feynman once made an argument about there being only one electron in the Universe, just going back in time and being seen as a positron to catch up with itself, this notion comes from quantum field theory, but the theory falls on its arse somewhat as there’s no way of telling a difference between electrons and there is more matter than antimatter in our universe.

Potentially for connection maybe, but further study is required.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join