It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How exactly did Trump con us

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Yeah...

No.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Oh come on.... You really think him having to defend his behavior every single day of the year is winning?
All he can do is tweet all day long and get digs in and that is winning? If you are twelve it is.
Every time he opens his mouth he says something stupid. He believes every dumb conspiracy theory out there and you still think that is winning?
I'd hate to see what losing looks like then because winning is going to get him

FIRED

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyinHeadlock

But he was never impeached. You know, so there is that.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

[...] Next, let's go to some of his campaign slogans and Presidential ideas. "Drain the swamp" and the concept of a "deep state" were marketing ideas developed by Cambridge Analytica.

[...] So when you guys rant about a "deep state" just remember that it began it's life as a slogan designed by the people who were tasked with marketing Donald Trump.

I don't believe that's entirely accurate;

The term was originally coined to refer to a similar relatively invisible state apparatus in Turkey "composed of high-level elements within the intelligence services, military, security, judiciary, and organized crime" and similar alleged networks in other countries including Egypt, Ukraine, Spain, Colombia, Italy, and Israel, and many others.

[...] According to the journalist Robert Worth, "The expression deep state had originated in Turkey in the 1990s, where the military colluded with drug traffickers and hit men to wage a dirty war against Kurdish insurgents". The term "deep state" is likely a translation from the Turkish derin devlet (literally: "deep state" or "deep polity").

Source (Wiki 🤷🏻‍♂️)

[...] In 2007, I had a chance to interview [Peter Dale Scott] on a (thankfully) short-lived podcast I had published while a professor at Long Island University. Our discussion occurred within weeks of the publication his newest work, The Road to 9/11, in which he used the term the “deep state” for the first time.

It was as a result of this book, and the exposure he received thereafter from Alex Jones and others, that many Americans first entertained the notion that a deep state lorded over the United States.

Source

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: hyperlexic

You have been conned if you think the president is the sole reason for the economy upswing.

I guarantee when the stock market bubble bursts, you will not blame the president.(unless it's a Democrat)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: CthruU

Yeah...

No.

Sillyolyou.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
People will never understand that as long as it is the same ole 2 party system we will always be conned regardless of who is in office. It's not that hard to do a few things to get people to think your're actually legit. I mean I thought every politician would start out that way at least. Just because your being thrown a new bone here and there does not mean you aren't being misled in the grand scheme of things.

People will always dig dirt on dems but stop above a certain line when it comes to Trump. Why not be fair and dig real deep? Would that be because it would show the iron curtain behind him who has always been ruling things? Or are we going to forget because he kept a "promise". How do you know these "promises" weren't on the agenda to begin with? People are not seeing the global moves being played out behind the scenes. It is business as usual, just a different route.

Salvation comes from YOU. Nobody else is going to save you. The hell you think this is anyway? Blue/red mother/father. Its a psychological show.
edit on 30-9-2019 by TheGreatWork because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: hyperlexic
a reply to: FlyinHeadlock
Biden promised to cure cancer and they didnt even bat an eye.

And to be fair you can say that about most politcians as well. Promise the world and deliver zilch.

Fixed it for you

When are you people going to realize that it is sleazy career politicians that put us all in this mess?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

It is accurate. The current conception of a "deep state" that Trump uses was developed by Cambridge Analytica along with the other slogans used currently and throughout his campaign.

They didn't come up with the idea of a hidden group inside the government controlling things, that's been a staple of conspiracy theories for years. What they did was test it out to see how well it played with the people they considered Trumps base.

If it hadn't played well and people didn't respond to it, we wouldn't be hearing anything about it right now. So it's current incarnation was developed as a slogan to shore up support. The fact that Trump wouldn't be using the concept of a "deep state" if it hadn't polled well with his base proves that it isn't a real entity. At least not in the way he uses it.
edit on 30-9-2019 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-9-2019 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreatWork
People will never understand that as long as it is the same ole 2 party system we will always be conned regardless of who is in office. It's not that hard to do a few things to get people to think your're actually legit. I mean I thought every politician would start out that way at least. Just because your being thrown a new bone here and there does not mean you aren't being misled in the grand scheme of things.

People will always dig dirt on dems but stop above a certain line when it comes to Trump. Why not be fair and dig real deep? Would that be because it would show the iron curtain behind him who has always been ruling things? Or are we going to forget because he kept a "promise". How do you know these "promises" weren't on the agenda to begin with? People are not seeing the global moves being played out behind the scenes. It is business as usual, just a different route.

Salvation comes from YOU. Nobody else is going to save you. The hell you think this is anyway? Blue/red mother/father. Its a psychological show.

Exactly. I just want people to understand one thing. What you see standing at that podium and what you hear is an act. There's a lot of people behind the scenes controlling and shaping what you see and hear. And especially feel.

Once a person realizes how they're being manipulated by the act of Trump, it raises some troubling questions. Mainly if Trump is a puppet, who is pulling his strings?

The irony of it all is that there really is a "deep state". But not in the way Trump supporters think. The real deep state is the people who stand in the background using the act of Trump to advance their agenda.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

LOL Trump is the puppet master pulling your strings and pushing your buttons.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Haven't you guys attempted to impeach since day one as well?

huehuehe.

GOT HIM this time doe right?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

You act like there was an honest politician once roflamo.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

So I keep seeing this from pretty much every democrat online in person and on the news.

Trump has conned us all and we have all fallen for it. Im starting to think they dont know what the word means

When you get conned you dont get what you want or what you were promised in the end right?

Trump has delivered on every promise. There are glorious sections of boarder wall being built as I type.

The economy is at record levels. Unemployment is at record lows , the stock market just keeps chugging along.

Where is the con?

What do the dems promise and do they ever keep them? Ask yourself that and maybe you will see who is being conned

Really though?

One aspect of my job is the procurement of promotional goods. Trumps tariffs on China skyrocketed my costs by 30-40%!! Its insane!

That's just a small tiny fraction of what Trump had done to negatively impact me.

How did you get conned? Its simple.

You thought Trump was a non politician who was going to "drain the swamp".. Instead he filled the government with white supremacists.

You thought he was going to "build the wall" and "have mexico pay for it"... Instead he keeps getting his plans and funding revoked and WE are paying for it

You thought Trump would save US manufacturing jobs.. Well we lost a bunch more.

You thought since he wrote the art of the deal he would be an excellent negotiator... He is an international joke.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

you have lost your way. you still have time to save your integrity. Ill pray for you.

edit on 30-9-2019 by hyperlexic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
No response to the video? just gonna stick your head in the sand and believe your own twisted version of reality?

edit on 30-9-2019 by hyperlexic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Im curious if you watched the video of him on Oprah in 1988 or have seen it before?

It really proves you are the one being conned. He is saying the exact same things and acting the exact same way in 1988.

So how was it carefully crafted by the Apprentice producers 30 years later?

It's just more fantasy from people who can't get to grips with losing.
Trump is a billionaire and President of the USA - however, losers like to call him unsuccessful because it helps them come to terms with their failed ideologies and lack of drive. They think sitting on their assess and getting handouts from more talented people is their right. They literally hate successful people.

edit on 30/9/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Do the people that were chanting the major positions of Trump's campaign ever look back and wonder what happened.

www.whitehouse.gov...

I'd like free beer and blowjobs on Saturdays. but nobody asked me. Trump isn't aware that once elected, you don't have to do anything, his dumb ass thinks he needs to try to do what he promised. I realize he won't get them all, but he seems to be trying, despite the opposition and it's problems.

He's a douche, but he seems to get things done, so enjoy the tears, those who know, already know.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
How about the temp tax break, then a front end sales tax called tarriffs?
Does that count?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

The con must go on
The con must go on (yeah yeah)
Ooh, inside my heart is breaking
My make-up may be flaking
But the con, still stays on

edit on 30-9-2019 by Oraculi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join