It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How exactly did Trump con us

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   
So I keep seeing this from pretty much every democrat online in person and on the news.

Trump has conned us all and we have all fallen for it. Im starting to think they dont know what the word means

When you get conned you dont get what you want or what you were promised in the end right?

Trump has delivered on every promise. There are glorious sections of boarder wall being built as I type.

The economy is at record levels. Unemployment is at record lows , the stock market just keeps chugging along.

Where is the con?

What do the dems promise and do they ever keep them? Ask yourself that and maybe you will see who is being conned
edit on 29-9-2019 by hyperlexic because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-9-2019 by hyperlexic because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: hyperlexic

They believe trump conned them out of their war $'s and global takeover strategies.

They'd be right.

Thankfully.

edit on 30-9-2019 by CthruU because: 1

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   
He did say we’d get tired of winning.

That hasn’t happened yet but I guess he’s got five more years to keep that promise.

His next “win” is just about to occur, he will not be impeached. That’s a certainty.

But even then, I won’t be ‘tired’ of it yet.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   
printing 100 billion dollars a day now...

Now would be a good time to end the fed like he said he was going to.

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   
If anyone conned anyone it was Obama. He made insane campaign promises that not only did not happen, he never even attempted to accomplish them.

1. Leaving GITMO. Nope still there. He never tried to close it like he swore he could do.
2. Green Jobs. Nope. Solandra was a bust. Taxpayers bailed them out. No green jobs. Nothing.
3. Re-work NAFTA. He beat Hillary over the head with it. 8 years nothing.
4. Out of Afghanistan. Nope. Still there.
5. Keep your doctor. My favorite one. Total CONN.
6. The most transparent. Nope. Gobs of FOIA violations, gagging reporters. Spying on people more than any president.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyinHeadlock
Biden promised to cure cancer and they didnt even bat an eye.

And to be fair you can say that about most republicans as well. Promise the world and deliver zilch.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   

The entire image of Trump you guys believe in is a lie. We'll start with the "successful tycoon" image that starring in The Apprentice gave him. Mark Burnett, the producer didn't tap him for the show because he was such a great businessman, but because he was such a comically failed one:

But the entire premise of “The Apprentice” was also something of a con. When Trump and Burnett told the story of their partnership, both suggested that Trump was initially wary of committing to a TV show, because he was so busy running his flourishing real-estate empire. During a 2004 panel at the Museum of Television and Radio, in Los Angeles, Trump claimed that “every network” had tried to get him to do a reality show, but he wasn’t interested: “I don’t want to have cameras all over my office, dealing with contractors, politicians, mobsters, and everyone else I have to deal with in my business. You know, mobsters don’t like, as they’re talking to me, having cameras all over the room. It would play well on television, but it doesn’t play well with them.”

This is an oddly common refrain among people who were involved in “The Apprentice”: that the show was camp, and that the image of Trump as an avatar of prosperity was delivered with a wink. Somehow, this interpretation eluded the audience. Jonathon Braun marvelled, “People started taking it seriously!”

Link

"People started taking it seriously." The image that Trump portrays that catapulted him to the presidency was carefully crafted by the producers of The Apprentice for their TV show. And you all believed it, when it's really just a con made to sell you a TV show.

Next, the book "The Art of the Deal" that is always held up as evidence of Donald Trumps business savvy, wasn't even written by him. It was written by Tony Schwartz.

“I put lipstick on a pig,” he told the New Yorker’s Jane Mayer in 2016. “I feel a deep sense of remorse that I contributed to presenting Trump in a way that brought him wider attention and made him more appealing than he is.”

“He has no guilt,” Schwartz said of Trump. “All he wants to do is make the case that he would like to be true. While I do think he’s probably aware that more walls are closing around him than ever before, he does not experience the world in a way that an ordinary human being would.”

Link

Next, let's go to some of his campaign slogans and Presidential ideas. "Drain the swamp" and the concept of a "deep state" were marketing ideas developed by Cambridge Analytica. That were tested back in 2016 to see how well they played with you, Trumps base demographic.

We were testing all kinds of messages and all kinds of imagery, which included images of walls, people scaling walls," Christopher Wylie, a former employee at Cambridge Analytica, told CNN. "We tested 'drain the swamp' ... ideas of the deep state and the NSA watching you and the government is conspiring against you."

"And a lot of these narratives, which at the time would have seemed crazy for a mainstream candidate to run on, those were the things that we were finding that there were pockets of Americans who this really appealed to," Wylie added.

Steve Bannon, the former White House chief strategist and Trump campaign CEO, sat on the data firm's board of directors, which is largely backed by Republican megadonor Robert Mercer.

Link

So when you guys rant about a "deep state" just remember that it began it's life as a slogan designed by the people who were tasked with marketing Donald Trump. To manipulate you into supporting him.

The entire image you all have of him is a carefully crafted con that was developed by TV executives and marketing research firms like Cambridge Analytica. Including the concept of a "deep state" that Donald Trump uses as an invisible boogeyman to explain his own failures and missteps. And you all have taken the bait, and just roll right along with it like it's an actual thing.

The moral of the story is that reality TV isn't real. And you should probably learn as much about marketing as you can so you don't fall for these type of cons in the future. Start with Edward Bernays, his relation to Sigmund Freud, read about his role with the OSS during WW2, then his work for the CIA, then his work for marketing agencies. And you'll be close to understanding the way you're being manipulated.

Whatever you choose to believe, now you can never say you weren't shown the truth.
edit on 30-9-2019 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-9-2019 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I thought he was just a bumbling orange idiot, you make him out to be some sort of master mind lol.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

That hasn’t happened yet but I guess he’s got five more years to keep that promise.

His next “win” is just about to occur, he will not be impeached. That’s a certainty.

Winning from Trump - Not tired.
Whining from the left - Extremely exhausted...

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: hyperlexic
Unemployment is at record lows

UNEMPLOYMENT IS NOT AT RECORD LOWS!!!!

Sorry for yelling but Jesus Christ I'm sick of hearing that.

I don't want to hear anything about unemployment until Trump stops using Obama's trick. Y'all act like you forgot.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

Winning from Trump - Not tired.
Whining from the left - Extremely exhausted...

The vast majority of the country agrees

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

I thought he was just a bumbling orange idiot, you make him out to be some sort of master mind lol.

Don't confuse a bumbling orange idiot being used by people for a mastermind.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   

That one is hilarious and I was stunned the medical community didn't go after him. NOBODY is curing cancer anytime soon. There are many many types of cancer and it is constantly mutating. He should have said he will eradicate all sneezing. I would believe that more than cancer. Sneezing probably could be eliminated with the right neourotranmitter blocker but it would be a temporary thing. Biden probably has an IQ of 80 or so. Slightly below but just enough to fool most people.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   

You are so uninformed. BUt dont take it from me take it from Queen Oprah.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I leave the deification to the masses.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU
They believe trump conned them out of their war $'s and global takeover strategies.
They'd be right.
Thankfully.

Exactly right. When dims exclaim "How Did Trump Con Us!?!", they're wondering how does President Trump keep getting what he promised, for America.

Democrats see prosperity and safety completely different than normal people do.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

If you were a Democrat Presidential Candidate, or just a run-of-the-mill Democrat voter, would you rather be beaten by a Bumbling Orange Idiot, or a Master Mind? Which one would make you look better, even as the "loser"?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: hyperlexic
Unemployment is at record lows

UNEMPLOYMENT IS NOT AT RECORD LOWS!!!!

Sorry for yelling but Jesus Christ I'm sick of hearing that.

I don't want to hear anything about unemployment until Trump stops using Obama's trick. Y'all act like you forgot.

The numbers are way better than Obamas. Whats crazy is the black unemployment numbers are way way way way better than Obamas.

Racist Trump .

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Im curious if you watched the video of him on Oprah in 1988 or have seen it before?

It really proves you are the one being conned. He is saying the exact same things and acting the exact same way in 1988.

So how was it carefully crafted by the Apprentice producers 30 years later?
edit on 30-9-2019 by hyperlexic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

It's at record lows. In some areas no, it's not but it is true. Unemployment is at a record low overall. If anyone wants a job they can get a job. It might not be the one they want, but they could get a job.

This was not the case under Obama and it had nothing to do with the housing bubble. He decimated the military for one which is a big employer to include the companies that support it. He crushed the military. Then more excessive regulations that stifled businesses even more. Then he forced tiny businesses to pay healthcare. If one had a staff of 10 people they had to shutdown or fire everyone and do the work themselves. I knew a couple people who had to fire everyone, reduce their clients and run it themselves.

Unemployment is at record lows. You don't have to believe it though. If you believe it's not true then go for it. A lot of people believe things that are not true. Nothing wrong with it.
edit on 30-9-2019 by FlyinHeadlock because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join