It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musk says there aren’t any aliens

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   
his opinion, and he is entitled to it, but disagree completely.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Hunkadinka

Ummm...I totally agree...Elon Musk is single handedly pulling us into the space age...the low cost reusable platform space age...

I also think your statement about envy is spot on...

I can’t wait until he brings one of his boring machines to Mars...

His statement that it’s imperative that we become a multi-planet species is also spot on...

Haters gotta hate though...it salves their non accomplishment ego’s..

YouSir

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

As far as we know, we are the only consciousness or the only life that’s out there. There might be other life, but we’ve seen no signs of it,” said Musk.

I agree.

Ummm...as do I...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   
His opinion matters to me as much as opinion of my postman or a random cashier at the store
edit on 30-9-2019 by KiwiNite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: KiwiNite

Nice respect for fellow humans.

No wonder you need there to be aliens.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick7

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser
www.rt.com...

Musk says he’d know if aliens were out there - and they’re not.

The conspiracy side of me says this is him towing the NASA line - he has a big microphone and runs a Massive publicly traded company. If he opened his mouth and said “yep - they’re out there” he could tank the share price and discredit the people he sells his stuff to. So, keep it in the fairway and say “no aliens” and all is well.

Or, a cigar is just a cigar, and they aren’t out there or he hasn’t found them. Which could well be the truth.

It's not 'towing', it's 'toeing', as in putting your toes on the line and yes Musk is right there are no non-terrestrials coming here in person.

HTH

Ummm...I can’t quantify that statement...

We have a lot of first person accounts of seeing...something in the sky...

Wether or not these are...craft...or not...and if they are piloted or not...the available evidence doesn’t provide any confirmation as to what they are...

Still...making claims of fact...on either side of the equation...pro or con...is both premature and non-scientific...

I do tend to side with Elon Musk’s statement that this area remains an unknown with the available evidence...

Where I draw the line is making statements of fact with incomplete and often erroneous information...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

so how the # would he know , does he have a completely explored map of the galaxy or the universe ?

Musk is talking #e

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide
Hmm we are the only consciousness and we are only aware of our own personal consciousness and know next to nothing about the greater conscious or unconscious, I've been saying we should be exploring the mind and consciousness more than the idea of aliens, Im not sure on Musk I think he would score highly in the psychopathy scale.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

From the article:

“As far as we know, we are the only consciousness or the only life that’s out there. There might be other life, but we’ve seen no signs of it,” said Musk.

To me that's a fair and relatively pragmatic statement.

Betty and Barny Hill might have something to say about that. If there are no aliens then who is doing all of the abducting, and where are the UFOs coming from.

One person says they heard Donald Trump use the N word and suddenly it's considered fact. 100,000 people say that they saw a little green man and ever last one of them is considered to be crazy or stupid.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

"We" is a collective. The Hills are individuals who either had subjective and individual experiences or created a fictional narrative for any number of reasons. The rest of us did not share in their experience - regardless of how genuine it was, or seemed to them.

My nephew has paranoid schizophrenia. He hears voices that tell him things. Things like that he's the reincarnation of various famous or infamous people from history, or that we ( his family and friends ) are all actors hired to replace his actual social circle. A lot of things.

There are a lot of schizophrenic people in this world with strikingly similar beliefs. Beliefs that, to them, are absolutely real and accurate. Beliefs they insist are absolutely correct.

Does their belief indicate the truth?

As for the rest? I have yet to see or experience any evidence of "all the abducting". I've lived a long life and have known thousands of people and not a single one has ever confided in me that they or a loved one experienced such a thing. Nor have I ever met a person who saw a "little green man".

I mean Hell, we currently live in a world where a soccer mom in Iowa can have one too many glasses of wine, wander into Arby's, say something hateful and angry, get filmed by a dozen bystanders and wind up the top news story, internationally - within a few hours. One would think that if these things were that common and self-evident that compelling evidence would be as readily reported as drunk Iowa soccer moms are.

Until something profound and far more universal happens, Musk's comments on the topic remain cogent.

edit on 9/30/19 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Hard to believe when you've seen something the size of a fighter jet, albeit round with red lights, hover soundless over the tree line in front of your house and disappear in less than 2 seconds...in 1988. You tell it though, Musk. I call BS.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: Hefficide

From the article:

“As far as we know, we are the only consciousness or the only life that’s out there. There might be other life, but we’ve seen no signs of it,” said Musk.

To me that's a fair and relatively pragmatic statement.

Betty and Barny Hill might have something to say about that. If there are no aliens then who is doing all of the abducting, and where are the UFOs coming from.

One person says they heard Donald Trump use the N word and suddenly it's considered fact. 100,000 people say that they saw a little green man and ever last one of them is considered to be crazy or stupid.

There are many people saying they saw loch ness but as we know now there are no dinos in the lake.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
then there's the people like me that don't care what the naysayers belch out they were not with me that night in 1970. Strange but true I have been afraid of nothing since that time. Nothing.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Considering he 100% thinks we are in a simulation, why does it matter to him?

Sometime smart people think they are smarter than they actually are.

He falls under the "so smart he's stupid" category.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Musk was educated in an Africaans school so would have been brainwashed into believing nothing but God arriving in a throne would do whatever the shape of the space ship. Brainwashed

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Come spend a week in west Michigan on the east lakeshore of Lake Michigan.

Spend the Evenings looking over the lake on clear nights, anywhere from Saugatuck north to Silver lake.

You will see things in the air depending on how clear the night is.

I have a friend from Childhood that will not be at the lakeshoore at night any longer because he refuses to admit what we saw.

It was a plane flying from the north to the south west with another light circling around it, we watched it for a good 15 minutes on his deck . (june 1985)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

But it didnt happen to Musk, so...as far as he knows....

Lots of brave "scientists"...sitting on the fence...waiting for someone to tell them what is now almost painfully obvious to regular Joe Nobody. And they still think they're smart, scientific even for regurgitating the same old tired meme..."there is no evidence...", while evidence of "unidentified" is overwhelming. But hey...as long as it's unidentified, nothing to worry about. You can safely forget it ever happened. Must be something mundane, because...there are no aliens.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Hard to believe when you've seen something the size of a fighter jet, albeit round with red lights, hover soundless over the tree line in front of your house and disappear in less than 2 seconds...in 1988. You tell it though, Musk. I call BS.

Ummm...of what possible use would...aliens...have for external lights on their intergalactic spaceships...?

Wouldn't their...prime directive...preclude them from announcing their presence in such a flagrant fashion...?

And why the landing lights...as they hovered above the tree line...?

Things that make you go...hmmmmm…

YouSir

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: Ohanka
Musk says a lot of things. Exceptionally few of them are worth listening to.

His only real talent is shameless self promotion.

That pretty much sums it up.

He's like a cut rate steve jobs, with less success but an equally high amount of "branding" for relevance.

Y'all are just upset that he's backing Yang.

That's proof enough that Elon Musk thinking is distorted. Andrew Yang LOL.

The reality is that intelligent, responsible people with the best information and intentions are most times illogical and absurd.

For example:
Musk has said before if we're not living in a simulation, then it must be Aliens...

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Not a big fan of Musk but he's just going by what he knows.

At least he is not misleading people.

I wonder if he has ever discussed this with Robert Bigelow who has said he is convinced that aliens exist and have visted this planet.
edit on 30-9-2019 by coursecatalog because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join