It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musk says there aren’t any aliens

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   
www.rt.com...

Musk says he’d know if aliens were out there - and they’re not.

The conspiracy side of me says this is him towing the NASA line - he has a big microphone and runs a Massive publicly traded company. If he opened his mouth and said “yep - they’re out there” he could tank the share price and discredit the people he sells his stuff to. So, keep it in the fairway and say “no aliens” and all is well.

Or, a cigar is just a cigar, and they aren’t out there or he hasn’t found them. Which could well be the truth.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

When did he change his focus from cave diving pedophiles to aliens?

Musk is a charlatan, he literally gets one thing "right" and then it's assumed he has some degree of knowledge on EVERYTHING else.

I certainly wouldn't give him a dime of my money(though I guess I have through taxes and government funding). But as a person, though intelligent and amusing, I wouldn't expect anything tangible to come of it.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Just another classic example of narcissim. "Because its me, and Im so important and make rockets, I would of been let in on Special Access info."

And frankly, ol boy has done numerous foot to mouth maneuvers that have crushed Tesla's stock.

I guess Im saying, nah, Musk doesnt have the sway over me to dismiss the existence of aliens out of hand...
edit on 29-9-2019 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Musk is a charlatan, he literally gets one thing "right" and then it's assumed he has some degree of knowledge on EVERYTHING else.

I certainly wouldn't give him a dime of my money(though I guess I have through taxes and government funding). But as a person, though intelligent and amusing, I wouldn't expect anything tangible to come of it.

I agree - and I don’t take his word as gospel in the least.

But, he’s in a better position to know what’s going on “up there” than I am and a bunch of people look at him as a techno savior. So his words could carry weight when it comes to general public opinion.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
just dummies

and teslas

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Musk has access to a lot of resources but I'm not sure he's qualified to say there's no aliens out there, I'll give him a pat on the back when he brings soil samples back from Mars though. As far as I know non of his companies have built apparatus that can detect say organic gases on distant worlds... Maybe I'm wrong?

I'll also go out on a limb and say he isn't qualified to give an opinion on aerial phenomena that many associate with aliens. All anyone really has on the subject of UFOs is theories and opinion. UFOs could be where consciousness goes when we have a brain fart for all we know.

Then again RT are probably just being sensationalist and twisting words to fit a context. Not that we see that too often huh?

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I saw him on Joe Rogan's podcast. I wasn't all that impressed.

Looks like he might stink a little bit too.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable

I saw him on Joe Rogan's podcast. I wasn't all that impressed.

Looks like he might stink a little bit too.

He has his own line of fragrance.

It smells like a leaking lipo battery and government funding.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Does he know this because everyone on his home planet died when the planet was destroyed and he is the lone survivor of his race, sent as a baby to save humanity from itself?
:
edit on 2019 9 29 by incoserv because: I could.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
From the article:

“As far as we know, we are the only consciousness or the only life that’s out there. There might be other life, but we’ve seen no signs of it,” said Musk.

To me that's a fair and relatively pragmatic statement.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Musk is not a charlatan. If anything the world needs more people like Musk that have a strong entrepreneurial spirit and yet a moderate temperament and pragmatic outlook. He is not going to be a true believer in anything just because people pressure him to do so. I try to take the same approach to life. Which is why when it comes to religion I classify myself as agnostic because both the traditional religions and atheists are nothing but true believers in something that they can't prove or even understand in the slightest.

The people who believe in aliens have crossed over from this space where it being something interesting to ponder to this true believer syndrome that mimics a mania of the worst parts of traditional religion. I used to thoroughly enjoy discussing the topic of aliens with people, but not anymore because it has transmogrified into this you're either with us or against us mentality. If that is the case then I'm going to be against you because there is no convincing evidence that aliens exist and they are here.

Not too long ago on this site the topic of proof of aliens came up and someone posted a link to all the eye witness accounts. I took the time to read those accounts and noticed that one of them was from a newspaper from where I live and something I actually happened to witness with my own eyes. Except when I saw the "UFO" it took me about a half a second to come with a simple explanation; Chinese lanterns. The local newspaper, however, ran with the story about a "strange sighting in the sky" which is the article that the true believers stacked in their files as a preponderance of evidence. Except they just happened to leave out the retraction article the following day that stated after some investigation it was determined that there was a children's birthday party where they were launching Chinese lanterns into the air...
edit on 29-9-2019 by sooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
10 4...theyre not out in space....they hang here whith the spiritual war....them being aligned with the spiritual powers of darkness and wickedness in high places.....they would have surrendered by now

But that's not allowed, they know they're going take the big long walk of horror to the Oblivion Express

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Musk says a lot of things. Exceptionally few of them are worth listening to.

His only real talent is shameless self promotion.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

He makes cool cars and rockets though.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Musk says a lot of things. Exceptionally few of them are worth listening to.

His only real talent is shameless self promotion.

That pretty much sums it up.

He's like a cut rate steve jobs, with less success but an equally high amount of "branding" for relevance.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I don't know who would care what he thinks

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Considering he 100% thinks we are in a simulation, why does it matter to him?

Sometime smart people think they are smarter than they actually are.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

I think he's pretty smart.

That doesn't mean he's always right.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: fleabit

I think he's pretty smart.

That doesn't mean he's always right.

The world is full of smart people that we should all ignore.....

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Yeah. Ignore those with "very good brains."
Whenever possible.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join