It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Not to Impeach a President

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   
They will literally be taking impeachment up until the next election....

Do the Democrats understand that most of the country are this nothing but a which hunt.

The Democrats have let their emotions get the best of them and have gone fully retarded, they are also working to an the word retarded.

As in NYC they were just celebrating last night the making of the term illegal alien punishable with a 250,000 fine

How anyone supports anything liberal , politically correct Democrat is beyond me.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Both sides are equally guilty.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Bloodworth

Both sides are equally guilty.

so you cant win with facts so you resort to one of the last gasps comments "both sides are equally guilty"

im sorry but care to show how say oh obama (the last president) was investigated by special prosecutor based on a fisa warrant gotten with UNSUBSTANTIATED (a requirement to get said warrant) dossier paid for by the republican candidate, with the report NOT RECOMMENDING charges be filed, with the republicans STILL saying he is guilty and actually drawing up articles of impeachment (outside of one or two crackpots).

if you can show just that (notice i didnt bring up other things like most of main stream media over 2/3 of the time posting negative (be true or not) articles ) then your claim of "both sides equally guilty" is valid

if not, then your going 1984 2 + 2 = 5 logic to change teh definition of equally .

scrounger

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

Well one would have to be devoid of logic to believe one side of politics is better than the other, they are 2 sides of the same coin.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Actually, this is where your logic fails. It may well be true that both sides are corrupt, even that both sides desire to commit crimes. You extend that, however, to both sides commit equal crimes, and that is simply not borne out by the facts. The insinuation behind your statement seems to be that Trump is guilty of a quid pro quo, Biden is guilty of a quid pro quo, so let's excuse Biden because we're talking about Trump. There is no logic in that statement, only manipulation of emotion.

For the fourty-eleventh-dozenth time, Joe Biden is on video tape bragging about how he demanded Viktor Shokin to be fired or he would withhold $1 billion in loan guarantees from Ukraine. Donald Trump is on transcript as asking for an investigation into the Burisma Group and Crowdstrike activities surrounding the 2016 election, characterizing it as a "favor." The only way one can get to quid pro quo from there is to imagine that Donald Trump is Tony Soprano. That is a "what if" scenario, not evidence. Biden has provided his own evidence against him.

You continually post this statenment over and over: "both sides are bad." But the purpose, evidenced by the timing of your statements, is that this is no more than a way to receive absolution for one side while hoping the other side gets caught. That is unacceptable and actually damages your own true premise which you start from: that both Republicans and Democrats are capable of criminal behavior. By timing your assertion, you hope to ensure that actual criminal behavior by the Democrats is seen as equal to potential criminal behavior by the Republicans.

I agree with "both sides are bad." I do not agree with using that generality to determine innocence or guilt in specific circumstances. That is illogical and stereotypical.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Well one would have to be devoid of logic to believe one side of politics is better than the other, they are 2 sides of the same coin.

in somethings, YES one side of any argument or position is better or even right vs the other.

that is logic 101.
something if it doesnt help or support your cause, view, opinion you ignore.

but in this SPECIFIC CASE (i know if it supports trump you want to deflect, as your comment clearly shows) I presented how the last president was NOT TREATED even remotely the same and ask you to prove otherwise .
to which you went to straight deflection and ignoring the points presented.

thus your claim that one side of politics is not better than the other FELL APART.

im sorry that FACTS dont support your "truth"

scrounger

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

sadly you should realize that hopenotweed only believes in the latest radical liberal montra of "truth" instead of "facts"

hell he cant even admit that trump WON fair, square, and CONSTITUTIONALLY the presidential election and that YES he is your COUNTRIES president.

scrounger

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   

I base my opinion on the simple fact that neither party have our bast interests at heart, the ruling class are happy to use us peons to further their gain and no less at our own detriment. .

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Ffs this lag is #ed
edit on 2-10-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger

sadly you should realize that hopenotweed only believes in the latest radical liberal montra of "truth" instead of "facts"

hell he cant even admit that trump WON fair, square, and CONSTITUTIONALLY the presidential election and that YES he is your COUNTRIES president.

scrounger

You're an idiot, at least I don't beat around the bush

and there you have it.

he cannot debate on facts, does not like the facts, so goes right for a personal emotional ranting comment.

those anti trump supporters like him do this all the time and cant fathom why they didnt win and are not winning.

sad really.

but hey rant on...
it makes you feel better and does NOTHING to convert people to your side.

scrounger

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I base my opinion on the simple fact that neither party have our bast interests at heart, the ruling class are happy to use us peons to further their gain and no less at our own detriment. .

spoken with heart and conviction

until the politician or party is in power that supports his opinion , views and policies.

then they are all right and his previous comments are forgotten

scrounger

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   

You don't have any facts to work with...

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   

edit on 2-10-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger

spoken with heart and conviction

until the politician or party is in power that supports his opinion , views and policies.

then they are all right and his previous comments are forgotten

scrounger

People like you are why it's so easy for the ruling class to perpetuate the divide, I don't even vote in this # show yet to you I'm the reason why it happens.

You just keep telling yourself what it is you need to hear.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
President Trump will not be impeached.

And we’ll hear the “REEEEEEEEEE” for months

No matter how many times he is shown to be innocent, they will never accept it.

They'll say "He got away with it!"

In their minds, there's no possible way he didn't do it.

That's the level of stubbornness and ignorance we're dealing with.
edit on 2-10-2019 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2019 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I think Trump planned this. It couldn't be more perfect. An impeachment proceeding over Trump investigating Biden for doing the same thing he's going to get impeached for?

It raises every question before the public that Trump needs raised. The dems' weakness has always been their own inability to see contradiction in their own rhetoric. And some of the public is incapable of seeing this too.

But is 50% of the public incapable of seeing it?

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Actually, this is where your logic fails. It may well be true that both sides are corrupt, even that both sides desire to commit crimes. You extend that, however, to both sides commit equal crimes, and that is simply not borne out by the facts. The insinuation behind your statement seems to be that Trump is guilty of a quid pro quo, Biden is guilty of a quid pro quo, so let's excuse Biden because we're talking about Trump. There is no logic in that statement, only manipulation of emotion.

The system is set up around the idea of both parties being equally corrupt.

They're supposed to be at each others' throats. And then rules are supposed to be respected, to keep it civil.

The Republicans broke up that civility in the 90's when they went after Clinton for getting a blow job. That was pretty much the end of civility as we know it, and the rest of what is happening today is just an aftershock of that.

Unfortunately for the Dems' dream of getting revenge: they are playing a game they are not good at.

For the fourty-eleventh-dozenth time, Joe Biden is on video tape bragging about how he demanded Viktor Shokin to be fired or he would withhold $1 billion in loan guarantees from Ukraine. Donald Trump is on transcript as asking for an investigation into the Burisma Group and Crowdstrike activities surrounding the 2016 election, characterizing it as a "favor." The only way one can get to quid pro quo from there is to imagine that Donald Trump is Tony Soprano. That is a "what if" scenario, not evidence. Biden has provided his own evidence against him.

Trump investigating potential criminality by a political rival is definitely not grounds for impeachment. We need political opponents to be watchdogs on each other.

If you're only allowed to look into misdeeds committed by your political allies..... then nobody would ever look into anybody's misbehaviors.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I base my opinion on the simple fact that neither party have our bast interests at heart, the ruling class are happy to use us peons to further their gain and no less at our own detriment.

Again, while those are truths, they are general. As such, they cannot be extended to the specific.

I can also state the general truth, "Women are not as physically strong as men." That is a true statement when taken generally. Yet, I strongly suggest one not rely on it... I know a few women who can kick butt and take names. The general does not necessarily apply to the specific.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Fair call I guess, although the battle of the sexes is played out a whole lot more than politics, and using that logic those with power over others will use it to get ahead.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

The Republicans broke up that civility in the 90's when they went after Clinton for getting a blow job. That was pretty much the end of civility as we know it, and the rest of what is happening today is just an aftershock of that.

I cannot disagree with one word of that. There was a violation of law (perjury), but that violation was not really a "high crime and misdemeanor" as much as a way to impeach Clinton because they didn't like him. And the Republicans paid the price for this attempt at impeachment, which the Democrats will now pay for their attempt... moreso because they are simultaneously trying to stop an investigation into similar claims which have evidence, and are simply an extension of the exact thing they investigated their target for three years for.

That was the point of this entire thread: impeachment is not to be taken lightly. It is, at its most basic level, a refutation of the will of the people by those who supposedly represent the people. There has to be a major change, a serious breach of law or extreme corruption, for impeachment to be proper. None of that exists with President Trump. All of it exists with Biden, who can be prosecuted criminally.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

It is not necessary to thwart corruption only by assuming everyone is guilty of a crime. Simply applying the law equally and fairly works just as well... better as a matter of fact.

There is evidence (a confession) surrounding Biden; investigate him and let the chips fall where they may. There is no evidence surrounding Trump; let him govern but keep an eye on him.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join