It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATN X-Sight II HD Smart Day-Night Rifle Scope w-1080p Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I was wondering if any members of the site have used this scope and if so what were your impressions and any experiences you care to share about this scope? Considering a purchase of one and the reviews on YouTube look pretty good so far. My favorite video so far is embedded below.

ATN X-Sight II HD Smart Day-Night Rifle Scope w-1080p Video

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Amazon feedback mixed.

See a few "does not hold zero" and "non-responsive" customer service.

www.amazon.com...

I wouldn't chance it.
edit on 29-9-2019 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I've been curious about these lately too. Kicked around picking one up to play with it.

These "video" scopes have gotten alot better over the past few years. Early ones had really poor resolution. These new ones seem much better.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Ya found em......we bought two last last cyber monday two years ago and already had an Armasight Zeus gen 3.....these are way lighter but hold zero fine on a 223 and an ar15 platform 308.....the Armasight stands up to 50 cal. Bmg...good God

Armasight is too heavy....to walk around with and needed the mini DVR separate.....

These atn are 90, no 95 %of the Armasight picture.....we got em for 1690 bucks, how much are they now....I got my Armasight for 6000 bucks.....To GO with it get a pvs14 with the pinnacle tube from nv4less....eBay they are an Armasight lab.the pcs 14 let's you focus down to under 2 feet so you can walk a trail....and never step on a twig....I'm headin out the back fence line now actually.....guerrilla agro
edit on 29-9-2019 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The early ones were unusable

A joke of a picture

a reply to: MisterSpock

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I would love to have the change to purchase a thermal optic but I would not spend that much on a scope when I would likely be running it on a fairly cheap weapon. I am looking at mounting a day/night video scope on a Kel-Tec SU 16C and keeping it in a bug out bag. It looks to me like most of the negative reviews on Amazon are about keeping zero. That is not uncommon if the operator of the scope has not properly centered the reticle.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Biggest issue I have with my SU-16 is its plastic and overall not super solid. My irons are ok but optics dont do well. It has however been replaced so now I spend my bucks on a POF .308. I would love to have something like this if it really would hold 0. But it would have to hold after like oops I dropped my rifle climbing down this embankment type fall. Especially knowing how sensitive video optics are.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
It has been several years ago but I had an ATN ( made by Russians) night scope.. I killed many many pigs with my scope. Since it was so long ago I do not remember what generation night scope it was but I did compare it to scopes costing twice as much. Mine held zero on the AR-15 I had it mounted on with no problem... It was good for a kill shot out to 150 yards..past that I would not take the shot.. Also it was heavy so I had it mounted on a 14.5 inch AR

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD
I liked the SU-16C due to it being light and fires collapsed. 4.5lbs naked is very light and easy to fit in a pack with a 30rnd mag in the well and an optic. It looks flimsy but it has the medium barrel and the long stroke gas piston. Iron sights shooting supported I am good out to 100 yards. Just using a cheap holographic at the moment but would like to thin out the wild pigs and coyotes when I see them at night. Also this scope in the OP has a pretty nice ballistic computer built in from what I have seen in the videos on it.

edit on 0110110101 by machineintelligence because: deleted duplcate entry

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I've not used that series, but I do own an ATN Thermal scope- one of the 640p versions.

I've not hunted with it yet- zeroing it in has proven difficult only because I can't generally fire off rifles out back and thermal isn't going to work on a paper target at the range.

I have, however, carried it around as a spotting scope- and the thermal is amazing.
Deer standing still in thick cover in daylight are clear as day through the thermal, even when I can't see them with a 6x fixed scope. Same for coyote... in the pitch black maine woods at night you can spot a mouse at 30 yards with this thing, it's nuts.
I did take it out to the deep woods last weekend to try and sight it in using candles as targets, but found that at 75 yards the resolution just wasn't really enough to see THAT well.
To sight it in you'd probably need to bolt the rifle to something solid and start with a 30yd target, zero, move out to 60, then 100... I might try again next weekend, but the trick would be moving the target between zeros- You're supposed to take the shot, then tell the scope where it hit vs where you aimed so it can "correct" for you. Maybe a piece of plywood and a hot piece of steel for the bullseye is what I need.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I have found that one of those MRE heaters is solid enough to zip tie on to a piece of rebar and last long enough to make a good thermal target. A surplus store near by sells them for $1 each. I recommend them for thermal targets.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Based on my personal experience, I can tell you that the ATN X-Sight II HD is a great choice. By the way, I bought it on www.atncorp.com... and now I can not only hunt, but also shoot great videos.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: kior999

How is your experience with the ballistic computer? How is the auto aiming feature for aligning the gun?

new topics

top topics

join