It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tests Show Bootleg Marijuana Vapes Tainted With Hydrogen Cyanide

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

It was ball-parked at around a million per flavor at one point!

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

"Normal" vapes not have oil in them. They contain PG/VG/Nicotine suspension (in a VG or PG base) and PG / VG based Food Flavorings.

When I first started to DIY e-juice (some 9 years ago) some off-the-shelf natural food flavorings DID contain oils e.g. lemon. Oil based juices were quickly marked as unusable by anyone making DIY juice. We searched for PG based artificial flavors and some manufacturers started making flavorings specifically for e-cigs.

Some of these so called vitamin vapes (which I have never seen first hand) or THC vapes do contain oils which quite simply either mostly burn in high ratio's or will vaporize leaving a greasy coating on whatever surface they hit after e.g. lungs.

When it comes to THC, yep, it looks like inhaling the smoke is healthier than letting the oils in non-burnt substances coat your lungs after vaporizing them.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   
My guess is some one in china is bringing in these counterfeit cartridges.

Likely the same group that ships in Chinese fentanyl.

the chinese want the people in the US mad at the US goverment.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
a reply to: solve

How did you manage to leave that controlling bitch, I love her but it's time to leave her she doesn't like me going out. I believe she has expanded my mind but know she is holding me back.
Been free from MJ for 3 days and I'm feeling really tired and hungry all the time, I know I will end up going back to her because I get bored to easy and she kills the boredom.

First i had to drop the religious aspect of it, it is not some miracle plant that can save the world, it is a method of control, and a way to escape for the user, then i had to re-examine every aspect of my life and feelings, observe that the bitch had total control over these things.

Then i had to start growing as a person, and feel, not just escape and postpone everything, every problem, every feeling.

It really sucks having to deal with the world, but decided that since i exist, i have to deal with the world.
Otherwise why just not kill myself if everything is so bad.

Anything is possible if one wants it to be. I want to brake all chains. Have come a long way, but still struggling with tobacco, a powerful demon, but soon to be slayed, it is already weakening.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
As vaping has exploded in popularity with teens and 20 year olds, it has also brang forth a huge market for marijuana vaping.

The illegal black market used cheap production methods which caused death and hospital visits.

Legalization would fix all of this.. or we can just keep giving money to cartels and gangs

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Maybe.. Not sure why criminals would buy product from china when they could make it themselves.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
As vaping has exploded in popularity with teens and 20 year olds, it has also brang forth a huge market for marijuana vaping.

The illegal black market used cheap production methods which caused death and hospital visits.

Legalization would fix all of this.. or we can just keep giving money to cartels and gangs

This is true, but legalization is not the answer to all things, for example, recreational usage of highly concentrated products from strains that already are ridiculously potent is going to create problems.

No way around this.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

I disagree. It's personal responsibility. People can choose to drink too much and overuse opiates legally. Magic mushrooms show huge benifits in recent studies to people suffering with mental disorders. Benifits that they could not achieve after trying all other reccomended legal options.

Yet, one can take entirely too much mushrooms and have a horrible experience that may have lasting psychological effects.

Legalizing marijuana and psychedelics, and then educating the public and encouraging safe use is the only path foward. The war on drugs have failed miserably. These drugs can't be regulated and enforced with saftey standards if crimals are the prime producers of these drugs.

Drugs which have many benefits under responsible use.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It all reminds me of the Paraquat scare.

Because I'm old.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Yes, i chose to overdo it, because of the sick environment i have to live in, but after all those years i figured out that i can not escape it forever.

You really think its a smart move to make those strong extracts, knowing that lots of people will take them daily for "fun"?

And since mushrooms are mentioned, i think its wrong that they can be bought with money in some places of the world, the mushroom spirit disapproves of this.

Might add this bit.. Also i think legalization is not a sign of things getting better, i think it is a sign that they are losing control over us, and they will do everything they can to pacify us back to sleep.
edit on 30-9-2019 by solve because: (no reason given)

Have to add this also, legalize psychedelics? In this society/world,,, Oh boy, it would be like a huge Manson family. They would use it for brainwashing the last tiny aspect of freedom from us.
edit on 30-9-2019 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve
Might add this bit.. Also i think legalization is not a sign of things getting better, i think it is a sign that they are losing control over us, and they will do everything they can to pacify us back to sleep.
Have to add this also, legalize psychedelics? In this society/world,,, Oh boy, it would be like a huge Manson family. They would use it for brainwashing the last tiny aspect of freedom from us.

I saw it mentioned somewhere not long ago that if you look at movies where there is some kind of futuristic dystopia, it almost always shows that heavy, mind-altering drugs are being used by pretty much everybody. I guess in the futuristic dystopia we're living in now prescription anti-depressants and anti-psychotics have to also be seen as mind-altering drugs used by the masses, along with the quasi-legal stuff like cannabis, mushrooms, etc.

One more bit of proof for my hypothesis that we're actually living in the future right now.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: underwerks
This is only a problem because cannabis is illegal.

Doubtful. This stuff is coming from the same place as all the fentanyl.

Wisconsin?

Link

Oh look, once instance where its not. More like the synthetic MJ making its way into vape flavors.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I got sick back in March, before there was any news stories about people getting sick from them. I just thought I had the flu.

Yep. Same here. I was hospitalized last year.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Maybe it WAS just the flu.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join