It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S4 now listed on KXTA Homey Airport chart?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I was checking out some charts on a popular pilot/aviation website, and came across this great chart of Groom Lake (Homey Airport)

Highlighted the area that jumped out at me..

Sure, somebody who designs these charts could be having a chuckle. Just wondering if any other chart lists this (or other) designations, or if this was a one-off joke

Here is the original site selling the map (you don't have to buy it to view the sample map)

www.autopilotandchill.com...
edit on 9/29/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
We all know Homey don't play that chit...

They named it Homey....really. great comedy....no....that place is serious....so the pilots get clearance from the center.....CLEARED DIRECT, HOMEY!! He he

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I wondered if this was how they pronounced it, "Home-E" or "Home-Why"

Figured it might be like "Slatter Lake" and named after somebody well known among the base workers

This "S-4" stuff is unusual though, if official in any way it represents no less than two confirmed locations/buildings/sites bearing the same name as Lazar's Papoose lake facility. It may not prove anything, but makes one question "Why" not to mention how Lazar would know about any facility called "S-4"

Always interested me also that the Manhattan project was referred to as "S-1" during its time. Just a thought, but the Teller connection again comes to mind

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Sure, somebody who designs these charts could be having a chuckle. Just wondering if any other chart lists this (or other) designations, or if this was a one-off joke

Someone is having a bit of fun.
Love the "Oxcart III" hangars.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: GBP/JPY
It may not prove anything, but makes one question "Why" not to mention how Lazar would know about any facility called "S-4"

Because Lazar knew someone that worked at the REAL Site-4, the radar facilities east of the Tonopah Test Range.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

i am looking at the runway headings .....................

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns
Good one.
Your source:

Area 51 Airport Facility Diagram Poster

Regular price $21.50

Some how we got out hands on the most coveted Airport Facility Diagram of aviation. Really this is so top-secret we don't recommend hanging it in a place for others to see. It could be confiscated by the feds too. Realistically, we stole the from Russian and Chinese spies. The fight was intense, something out of a James Bond movie, but we prevailed and now have it to offer for sale right here at Autopilot And Chill™ The Store. This print is officially scaled and drawn to FAA NACO specs.

edit on 9/30/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Heh.
edit on 9/30/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Yeah, what's with the bogus runway headings? It should be runway 14-32 (L and R).

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Note that they don't show the two vertical runways starting from the Oxcart hangar doors.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Hint.
It's a joke.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: pteridine

Hint.
It's a joke.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hint.
So are vertical runways.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
New to this site and for some reason cannot create a thread, but this is perhaps related to s-4. I have seen photos of this site before, but does anyone know its purpose or use? It's use appears to have increased over time based on density and thickness of the road shown in sat images over the years. Location north west of Papoose Lake. It lies in a valley and is adjoined by mountains on nearly all sides at close proximity. It is very hard to see on older images but dates to the 1980's as it is visible.

37° 9'32.95"N 115°55'39.41"W

www.google.com...@37.1591544,-115.9275376,311m/data=!3m1!1e3

www.google.com...@37.1632398,-115.8765329,17905m/data=!3m1!1e3

top topics

join