It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost Forgot To Report This

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: Deplorable

An old saying I heard a long time ago...Shot in the
arm,shot in the head,either way you end up dead.

I believe it. 8 weeks ago my doc convinced me to have a shingles vaccine. With in 48 hours I was in extreme pain. The same doc said it’s not the vaccine, it’s sciatica, although I had never had any symptoms before the vaccine. Shingles is a virus affecting the nerves. I’m convinced it was the cause of my pain. An MRI and X-rays show nothing and I had a full physical exam prior to the vaccine with a clean bill of health. The pain has mostly subsided with the exception of the burning in my right foot. It has been 8 weeks of hell. I did a little digging on the internet and several people reported the same symptoms as I with the shingles vaccine.

The last flu vaccine I had caused a bad rash at the injection site. No more vaccines for me. I’ll take my chances.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

The nurse or doctor might have hit a nerve point and damaged it. I feel with you, I know it hurts like hell. It is a annoying kind of pain.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
My sister in law.....at the age of 25....had your symptoms after a vaccine.....it only affected her lower back and hips......she couldn't walk for a year....then it slowly got better and sfter 3 years she was ok.......

Fungus already in the system,,, is a suspect

a reply to: Nickn3

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

Don't pick your nose and eat it, and wash your hands after using the toilet

And your immune system will weaken.

FACT

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

I've never gotten the flu shot. Every year I walk around unprotected and somehow still don't get the flu. I also work in a closet-sized room 5 days a week, one-on-one with children in grade, middle, and high school, with wind instruments, blowing air at each other and sometimes I have to touch their mouthpiecss, etc, which has their sicky saliva on it. Still, I stay flu-free.

I think a lot of people THINK they get the flu when they really just have a cold.

Sorry you have to get the shot. 😰When I was in the Navy is was still optional.

The worst sick I've gotten from another is a few years ago when I got hand-foot-mouth disease from a student. In kids its usually just a slight rash on their hands, but in adults it will manifest with fever, and sores on the inside of the mouth and throat. Lost a week of my life in delirium with that pain! Had to get IV fluids because I couldn't swallow with all the sores. Fever was out of control, and I took opioids for the pain even though I'm a recovering drunk and avoid them like the plague, that's how bad the pain was.

But the flu I've escaped, and am starting to suspect it's BECAUSE I don't get the shot!
edit on 29-9-2019 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
a reply to: Violater1

I will add this from the CDC site, " What viruses will the 2018-2019 flu vaccines protect against?
There are many different flu viruses and they are constantly changing. The composition of U.S. flu vaccines is reviewed annually and updated as needed to match circulating flu viruses. Flu vaccines protect against the three or four viruses (depending on vaccine) that research suggests will be most common. For 2018-2019, trivalent (three-component) vaccines are recommended to contain:
A/Michigan/45/2015 (H1N1)pdm09-like virus
A/Singapore/INFIMH-16-0019/2016 A(H3N2)-like virus (updated)
B/Colorado/06/2017-like (Victoria lineage) virus (updated)
Quadrivalent (four-component) vaccines, which protect against a second lineage of B viruses, are recommended to contain:
the three recommended viruses above, plus B/Phuket/3073/2013-like (Yamagata lineage) virus"
www.cdc.gov...

Do you know if they publish anywhere how accurate their "research" is from year to year? How well they predicted which strains would be going around? I would love to see that info.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick7

originally posted by: Deplorable
Had to (recently) do this for the Shingles vax as well. The two they've substituted in hurt as bad as any shot I've ever stood in line for.

Have been getting regular vaccinations since I enlisted in the military. If you know anything about the military, you know they vaccinate you for everything. Knock-on-wood: I haven't been sickened since by any bug that I can remember.

Got the Shingles Shingrix® shot in two parts, 60 days apart. First one hurt two days later, but the second one had no effects.

Two doses of Shingrix is more than 90% effective at preventing shingles. Protection stays above 85% for at least the first four years after you get vaccinated. Shingrix is the preferred vaccine now.

Ok, what's the deal with shingles! Why the shingles push the last, what is it maybe, 5 years? Has shingles come back? Or what?

Also, my understanding was that if you had the chicken pox as a kid, you didn't need to worry about ever getting shingles. Is this wrong info?

Anybody here who can set me straight? Thanks!

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Having chickenpox as a kid makes you more susceptible to shingles as it is very close to the same virus. If you had chickenpox it is in your system. It is usually activated by stress. My brother just had them this year. Took weeks to get over and then he got the shots. My sister had it as well a few years ago - the blisters were inside her mouth. I'm considering that shot because that is two in my family and we all had chickenpox. My bother said the first shot was not a problem but the second was really bad and limited use of his arm.

I've looked in the shot some and what I've read is that you have to be careful after shot or you could give someone chickenpox due to the ingredients in the shot. My brother was not allowed to hug or kiss his grandkids for two weeks. His is raising them as their parents were killed so hugs are regular and the kids had a hard time understanding.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TXTriker

Oh man, I was believing the opposite. 😂😂. Thanks for the info!

So sorry about your brother's situation, the reason he is raising his grandkids.God bless him.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Congratulations on being part of defeating the process of natural selection.

The gene pool does not thank you.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   
annual dose of aborted fetuses and mutated strain cocktails propagated in chicken eggs

the catch 22 is this is how H?N? mosaicism is perpetuated, incognito in the populus.

isn't it ironic? shhh.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
My daughters kids don't get vacinated for the flu because they have got very sick off of the vaccines. This is actually recorded in their medical records and verified by the doctors. They have been sick and went to the doctor, flu like symptoms. But only one time in the last five years has it been a flu that would have been covered by the vaccine, most times it was some sort of virus but not the flu.

I have that problem with cytokine storms, and so does my oldest daughter, the youngest daughter by a different wife, can take the vaccine, so can both my ex wife and my present wife. I must know a dozen people that can't take the vaccine for flu. They also got very very sick, in fact one women spent a week in the hospital because of an influenza vaccine, we used to think it was because the virus was not dead, but it apparently was a cytokine storm.

I got some kind of a cold now, I hate it, why can't I have immunity to a cold, I have pretty good immunity to the flu viruses.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

So, you are saying that old people getting that vaccine are giving chickenpox to kids? Cool, discovered how come chickenpox in on the rise lately, the doctors are causing the problem..

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

It's probably because you work with kids. That's like working with a vaccine!

I worked with kids for around five years. For the first two, I got everything! Then after that, I was bullet proof like you seem to be. I think the only thing the little buggers could give me was strep.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
An update after a dr visit yesterday. He would not specifically recommend the vaccine. Says it is only about 50% effective and there have been some very bad reactions. Have decided to take my chances without the vaccine.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Did your doctor define "very bad?"

Age is also an important consideration. For the quite young and quite old the benefits tend to outweigh the risks, which generally are quite low.

edit on 10/13/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No but one of my clients did. He took the first shot and had a very severe reaction and has been in significant pain for months now with extreme swelling and they've not been able to help him. They would not give him the second shot and his doctor is no longer recommending the shot. My client would qualify as "quite old".

I think I qualify as "quite old" at least most days I feel that way. I've been through most of the things my doctor listed as potential triggers and "knock on wood" haven't had them yet. His comment was the vaccine is only 50% effective and you have a 50/50 chance of getting shingles without the vaccine.

Think I'll go without the vaccine.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

He took the first shot and had a very severe reaction and has been in significant pain for months now with extreme swelling and they've not been able to help him.
Allergic reactions do happen. Rarely, but in that case, vaccination would be contraindicated.

I never had chickenpox, so I'm not too worried about it.

edit on 10/13/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Oh man, I was believing the opposite. 😂😂. Thanks for the info!

So sorry about your brother's situation, the reason he is raising his grandkids.God bless him.

I have been led to believe the same thing, is it possible the shingles vaccines are being pushed by those who seek to profit from them.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I got my flu vaccine as my immune system isn’t the greatest and I’m super prone to getting bronchitis or pneumonia. I’ve been super sick the past week, fever headache flu like symptoms and I was convinced I had the flu even tho I got the vaccine as it doesn’t cover all strains. Went to the dr expecting him to say flu but nope! I have mono
I’d almost rather have the flu 😂

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join