It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost Forgot To Report This

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The wife and I went to get our Flu Vaccinations this past Friday. Neither of us have since developed autism.

The pharmacist said the flu is gonna hit hard this year. In the 2017-2018 flu season almost a million folks had to be admitted to the hospital and almost 80,000 Americans died. Source

Shoulders were still a little sore this morning, but the poke was nothing compared to the Shingles vax.

Have at it ATS!!

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

Thank God; I was concerned for you and your spouse.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

Thank God; I was concerned for you and your spouse.

Me too! I've been losing sleep over them. Thank God.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Good for you!

You'll either get the flu ... or not, just like the rest of us.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

The pharmacist said the flu is gonna hit hard this year.

Good thing you got vaccinated with last years strain then.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I get mine on Tuesday at Martin Army.
And to be honest, I don't want to.
But if I don't, them I'll be penalized to wear a mask until the end of flu season.
Yet the staff at Walmart, Publix grocery stores, , CVS, Walgreens, gas stations
and restaurants, aren't required to get them.
And still the flu infected people populate through all of these stores, touching,
sneezing and coughing on the public.
From 2012 through 2016, I didn't wear a mask nor get a flu shot, yet I was fine.
So don't give me the BS that I could have infected the public.
I wouldn't get a flu shot if I didn't have to.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Wrong. You know nothing of this.

But, don't get the shot. It might 'get you' and then I'd miss your presence here.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable
The wife and I went to get our Flu Vaccinations this past Friday. Neither of us have since developed autism.

The pharmacist said the flu is gonna hit hard this year. In the 2017-2018 flu season almost a million folks had to be admitted to the hospital and almost 80,000 Americans died. Source

Shoulders were still a little sore this morning, but the poke was nothing compared to the Shingles vax.

Have at it ATS!!

Just to be fair, your source: www.cdc.gov...
reports "estimated deaths 79,416"
The National Institutes of Health state," An estimated 88,000 people (approximately 62,000 men and 26,000 women) die from alcohol-related causes annually." www.niaaa.nih.gov...
And "In 2018, an estimated 40,000 people lost their lives to car crashes...2017 (40,231 deaths) and 2016 (40,327 deaths). About 4.5 million people were seriously injured in crashes last year..." www.nsc.org...
With such horrible figures, perhaps an Automobile and Alcohol vaccine should be mandated as well.
I believe if someone doesn't want a flue vaccine, they should not have to be injected or exposed to a vaccine. And I am speaking ONLY of the Flu Vaccine.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

I will add this from the CDC site, " What viruses will the 2018-2019 flu vaccines protect against?
There are many different flu viruses and they are constantly changing. The composition of U.S. flu vaccines is reviewed annually and updated as needed to match circulating flu viruses. Flu vaccines protect against the three or four viruses (depending on vaccine) that research suggests will be most common. For 2018-2019, trivalent (three-component) vaccines are recommended to contain:
A/Michigan/45/2015 (H1N1)pdm09-like virus
A/Singapore/INFIMH-16-0019/2016 A(H3N2)-like virus (updated)
B/Colorado/06/2017-like (Victoria lineage) virus (updated)
Quadrivalent (four-component) vaccines, which protect against a second lineage of B viruses, are recommended to contain:
the three recommended viruses above, plus B/Phuket/3073/2013-like (Yamagata lineage) virus"
www.cdc.gov...

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Wrong. You know nothing of this.

But, don't get the shot. It might 'get you' and then I'd miss your presence here.

Every year's flu vaccine is composed of two or three strains that are scientists' best guess for which strains will be in the heaviest circulation for any given year.

Of course, the flu mutates heavily, so scientists can just plain guess wrong on which strains it will be or the strains can (and often do) mutate further before the actual season begins. This is why every year's flu vaccine confers, at best, partial immunity. Generally speaking, it reduces your chances of getting the flu to about 50% instead of complete protection and if you happen to get one of the strains in your shot, it should be a less severe illness.

It is a good idea for the very young, those in a highly infectious environment (like a school or medical profession), and for those who are older or immuno-compromised.

For the rest of us, the flu sucks and it will make you very miserable for a few days to a week or so, but you will generally recover. It's good to stretch your immune system, so the shot is really kind of up to you.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

An old saying I heard a long time ago...Shot in the
arm,shot in the head,either way you end up dead.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

My husband works with vaccines, and he generally sees no need for it in most circumstances.

We still insist our son get it as he is young and goes to school with a developing immune system.

And because I have a mild case of asthma, I will occasionally get it. Mine is a year to year decision though as most of the time, you don't even know I have asthma. I got it the year I was pregnant, and one year when I had gotten a really severe case of bronchitis thanks partially to smoke from wildfires, so my asthma was really aggravated into flu season and we felt it would be wise to have a bit of extra protection.

But usually, I don't bother. This will change as I age though.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
You know that the shot was for last years, or even the year before that? This year the virus will have developed as it always does, for eons before. And there is nothing you can do about it.

But hey, placebo drugs work too, sometimes so why not.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Every year's flu vaccine is composed of two or three strains that are scientists' best guess for which strains will be in the heaviest circulation for any given year.

Of course, the flu mutates heavily, so scientists can just plain guess wrong on which strains it will be or the strains can (and often do) mutate further before the actual season begins.

If memory serves, we were advised to get a second vaccination right in the middle of last year's flu season. Had to (recently) do this for the Shingles vax as well. The two they've substituted in hurt as bad as any shot I've ever stood in line for.

Have been getting regular vaccinations since I enlisted in the military. If you know anything about the military, you know they vaccinate you for everything. Knock-on-wood: I haven't been sickened since by any bug that I can remember.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I also have asthma and when I discovered honey with Tabasco sauce.
I haven't had to use my inhaler for a long time now.If I start getting
a sore throat and cough,honey and Tabasco sauce kicks it to the curb.
One more thing...if you have any wounds,honey and garlic works very
well too.The honey has to be wild,raw or organic,not the little bear
bottled type.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

My Lady Love just got the shingles vaccination last week. A few people at her job came down with it and she thought better safe than sorry.

She's not squeamish or a baby, but she said the shot really *hurt* and continued to hurt for a few days afterward. So no worries Deplorable, it's not just you.

On a related note - I have a question. I actually got shingles when I was in my teens. I probably got it because I never came down with chicken pox when I was a kid. I wish had gotten chicken pox when I was younger though, since getting shingles was one of the most *miserable* experiences of my life. Very painful, itchy, oozing and ugly as hell. God help you if you scratched the itch too. I had it for weeks.

My question is - since I already had shingles in the past, am I now immune from getting it again? I'd like to skip the vax if possible...

Thanks.

edit on 9/29/2019 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter
My question is - since I already had shingles in the past, am I now immune from getting it again? I'd like to skip the vax if possible...

I asked that very same question. The doc told me, "Get vaccinated again. Even if you do get vaccinated again, you'll still have a 5% chance of re-contracting the virus. Because you took the previous Shingles vax, you're 65% covered. Is that good enough for your household when your wife's immune system is so weak?"

The new Shingles Vaccination is a double dose. Make sure your wife wasn't poorly informed. I think you've got to go back for shot two between the 30 and 60 day marks.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Had to (recently) do this for the Shingles vax as well. The two they've substituted in hurt as bad as any shot I've ever stood in line for.

Have been getting regular vaccinations since I enlisted in the military. If you know anything about the military, you know they vaccinate you for everything. Knock-on-wood: I haven't been sickened since by any bug that I can remember.

Got the Shingles Shingrix® shot in two parts, 60 days apart. First one hurt two days later, but the second one had no effects.

Two doses of Shingrix is more than 90% effective at preventing shingles. Protection stays above 85% for at least the first four years after you get vaccinated. Shingrix is the preferred vaccine now.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I recall that tension on trade between US and China supposedly was affecting the sharing of info to produce the best combination vaccine. Most flu vaccines are 3 strains. Last year i was aware of one in particular that was 4 strains.

In any case, unless you have guillian barre syndrome I dont think you will have an adverse reaction to the flu vaccine.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Have at it ATS!!

Really smart move as you have a 1 in 75,000 chance of contracting the same flu your vaccine is supposed to protect against

edit on 29-9-2019 by Veryolduser because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join