It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA - Life on Mars could be found within two years but world is ‘not prepared’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Notoneofyou

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: Spacespider
I guess NASA already would know there is life there by saying something like that...
But now ESA is evolved they know they cannot keep the truth from us anymore.
Perhaps we humans evolved on Mars

I think your probably correct.

In the back of my mind, something tells me we were from mars, and destroyed it like were doing here on earth now.

And were going back now we've nearly wrecked earth.

Wash,rinse,repeat...

Don't you think there would be some pretty obvious evidence of a previous civilization on Mars if this was the case??

Cities, ruins, roads, monuments...and things like that???

Depends on who gets there first to "tidy up" and decide what we get to see.

Look at Egypt, we still domt have the equipment to build the pyramids, but surely someone did.

I think there's alot of history we don't access to.

Oh, we've definitely got the equipment to build the Pyramids, and we've got the people to build the Pyramids too!

What we DON'T have, as a modern society, is the sheer WILL-POWER to build the Pyramids.

That, we lack entirely. It's a resource constraint which exists only in our minds. In other words, it's an...EXCUSE!

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

This is some BS. Half the world wouldn't even notice, most of the rest of the world would be distracted and forget about it in an hour or less.

The Abrahamic faiths would immediately end, that's pretty big and many couldn't handle it.

trump supporting bible bashers would be screaming fake news, they get upset when talk of removing racist symbolism comes up, how would they react at the removal of needless churches?
Muslims, you may have noticed, get upset with each other let alone everyone else over the slightest detail, try telling them the Dome of the Rock would make for a nice car park. Jews keeping Israel immediately becomes pointless.

The implications of finding extraterrestrial life, dead or alive, would be widespread, massive and probably spark huge conflicts globally.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
1 - i would like to here what dr green actually said - ie primary source for his " statement "

2 - the reality check is that " life on mars " is most likley to be microbial . its my opinion that no sentient marian species is extanct in the 21st century - and i am doubfull that there have ever been any

3 - the only people who are " not ready " for any confirmation of martian microbes = religious wing nuts

Why do people keep saying that? Do you think we denounce alien life or something? Do you think we're taught that God didn't create life on other planets?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
Why do people keep saying that? Do you think we denounce alien life or something? Do you think we're taught that God didn't create life on other planets?

Where does it say that in the Bible? And don't give me that "many mansions" stuff because in context Jesus is just saying to his troubled apostles don't worry there is enough room in Heaven for everybody. Not that there are aliens.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Otherwise, I think that if NASA found irrefutable signs of life on Mars, you'd see a whole slew of new Mars probes being built and scheduled for the fastest possible launch and not just the probes that are currently scheduled. If somebody discovered alien life, you'd probably see a lot more urgency.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Just trying to drum up funding.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

The Bible says nothing on the subject. Either way.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

i say it - because religious wingnuts are the groups with the most common and strident " no alien life " dogma

yes - i know a lot of religious people have varing acceptance of the existance of extra terrestrial life - hell - some i know have a lower threshold for annecdotes of ET encounters than i

but - when it comes to absolutist " no alien life " - i have always found that they have fundamentalist religious dogmas too

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

I reckon 'life' has already been found on mars, NASA and the Governments just don't us to know yet, so they are going to reveal it in 2 years time.

Not ready for it? I hate it when these people seem to think of us as their children and we must not be told as it will scare us.. ooooooooooo

And this idea is based on what exactly? It's nothing but pure fantasy. Your theory makes no sense at all. And you have absolutely nothing tangible to back your idea up. It's nothing more than a desire to believe and nothing else.

Would you consider NASA's chief scientist to be a responsible scientist?

What responsible scientist - in a true position to know since he's NASA's *Chief Scientist" - would say something like this?

Life on Mars could be found within two years but world is ‘not prepared’, Nasa’s chief scientist says

How many scientists searching for something that has never been found before announce they can find "it" within X years but the world is not prepared? I can't think of any examples - can you?

It actually makes much more sense to assume the person making the statement has a lot more information then what they're sharing with the public. Additionally - why launch 2 massively expensive new rovers with the specific task of searching for life using the latest technology? Why not keep trucking with what's already up there?

The answer is - you do that when you're already SURE life is there, but you need a lot more data to classify & understand it, so that you can announce it to the world in a way that doesn't seem half-cocked which can make people freak out, cause sites like ATS to run wild and melt down with speculation, and just break the internet in general.

Logic, reason & common sense lead me to deduce that - not fantasy. And it makes perfect sense.

I guess we'll see who's right in the near future...
edit on 9/30/2019 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 01:51 AM
link   

a reply to: AaarghZombies

With current level of tech, no. Cleaning an entire planet would not be easy.

But if there was a time on mars where a society had much more impressive tech, than I would fathom any weapons would also be much more powerful also.

An e.l.e. event due to war with weapons if that magnitude wouldn't require much cleanup, if it was bad enough to destroy the surface of the planet.

Not even taking into consideration how much Time has elapsed since the hypothetical e.l.e. event , how do we know how long mars has been in its current state?

Earth was a mighty nasty place (weather/atmosphericly) not too long ago. Before the climate stabilized, 100 mph winds and 400ft waves were normal. I would say that could do a fine job of erasing alot of the traces of any civilizations that were once around-if any.

As for the pyramids construction.

Where is this crane that can lift 100 + ton blocks? And how were they quarried in the time frames necessary to build the pyramids in the time egyptologists say they were built in?

It's not happening with levers and pulleys and ropes in the time frames historians/ egyptologists are saying they were built in.

Have you any idea how much of a task it would be to demolish a civilization and to erase every may trace of it from the surface of a planet? And where would you live while doing it?

If there was an advanced civilization on mars they would have massive cities sky scrapers rkad, rail, power stations. Maybe building miles across and miles high. They'd need to demolish them. hide the rubble, then make an artificial landscape over the top. That's insane. You'd need to hide every last trace.

With winches, they weight of a 100 ton block would be reduced to about 25 tons of force. That's well within the range of a couple of teams of oxon. But we already know that they used ramp for large block. That's not controversial.

The Greeks and Romans used ramps and pullies to lift similar sized blocks. Just look at the colosseum and they aquaducts. Nobody thinks that aliens did it.

We have found the quary where the stones were carved. In fact we have stone tablets that detail how much stone masons were paid to do it. We also know that the phaoroes started building the pyramids decades before they were needed. The great pyramids took about 30 years to make.

The sphinx is actually built right in top of a stone quary. There are half cut blocks there of the type used in. The three largest pyramids at Giza. There are many unfinished blocks, or blocks that cracked and weren't used. We also have remains of the ramps used to move the blockx, nd wooden rollers used to carry them.

There is the remains of a small village at the foot of One of the pyramids where the laborers lived. We've found all kinds of documents ranging from details of what food they were given to eat to which religious festivals they left the site to attend in their home vilages. There are personal communication as well. Letters home, letters from home. Not one mentions anything that's totally ordinary for the time period. No aliens no nothing.

The only mystery is who built the sphinx. Was it there before the pyramid or was it or was it build afterward. There is a strong body of evidence to say that it was pre egyptian, but was altered by them when they took over from whoever occupied they land before hand. Weathering patterns on it suggest that it was exposed to rain for long periods of time, indicating that it may be thousands of years older than the pyramids which were built during a dry period.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I think the pope prepared for just this event when he gave an option that aliens could exist and he would baptize them.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: schuyler

I doubt we will find living life on Mars.
Ancient life might happen though.
That planet is not very hospitable to life.

Not hospitable for Life as we know it. We know nothing about other life and where it can survive

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
As an ordained minister, I know the reason(s) why they claim that people are not "ready".

The entire script of almost every mainstream religion has never considered life outside of this third rock from the sun.

Each church is going to have to come up with how they will react. Christians will need to figure out how this fits in with Christ dying on the cross. Did he die for all of the Universe? Just Earth? Please show us in scripture where this is. They can't because it's not there.

And there-in lies the main issue. Once there is concrete evidence of life outside of this rock, there will be a sizable portion of followers of the various religions that will toss religion off their shoulders. These religions then lose their financial support. The churches then eventually collapse.

Each religion needs to already be working on the script past first contact. Because, it's not if, it's when, and unless they start making plans and explaining themselves to their flocks, this planet will fall into chaos.

Fred..

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
What? WHAT?!

How can one say we are mere months away from discovering life on mars with any confidence? And then turn and say but people won't be able to handle it???

This smells terrible. If you found something, tell us!! Don't tell us we can't handle what you're about to discover? About to discover??? This is a weird statement...

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
More from Dr Jim Green and Gizmodo in this story that just came out.

Would Finding Life on Mars Really Change Anything?

These are, needless to say, some rather big and bold claims. To be clear, there is currently no definitive evidence of life on Mars (whether extinct or extant), and there are no imminent announcements about the discovery of life on Mars. Just to be sure, we reached out to Green for further clarification.

“It’s incorrect to think that we have found life and that we are working toward an announcement,” Green wrote in an email to Gizmodo. “What we have are missions that we’re going to launch that will look for life.”

ETA -

Never
A
Straight
Answer

“Green saying we’re ‘close’ to finding [life on Mars] is him blowing smoke,” said Weintraub. “He doesn’t know anything you or I don’t know.... Will the Mars 2020 rover or the ExoMars rover find more robust evidence? Could happen. That’s what they’re designed to do. But saying we’re close to finding it is misleading and, I think, evidence of science—or scientific leadership—done poorly.”

edit on 2-10-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
What? WHAT?!

How can one say we are mere months away from discovering life on mars with any confidence? And then turn and say but people won't be able to handle it???

This smells terrible. If you found something, tell us!! Don't tell us we can't handle what you're about to discover? About to discover??? This is a weird statement...

My point *exactly*!

For a minute, I thought I was the only one that noticed that...

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Ya. They say that every year, right around the time when the question of funding comes around.

They need to move them all over to the Tesla side of NASA, get them working on electric cars or building factories. Hopefully they can manage at least that much instead of daydreaming about life in the universe, and going "oh look what we found here" every few months or years.

As for Mars? Dont worry about it, none of you will see it, or go there in your lifetimes, or even likely your kids, kids lifetimes. It is what will be.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

The planets have been swapping material for at least 4 billion years, in the form of rock and soil ejected into space by asteroid impacts. And this has happened on countless planets all over the galaxy. Doubtless some of that interstellar material has made it into our solar system and some of that material could be carrying microbes. Personally I don't even think life started on this planet, it probably landed here from somewhere else (or was put here) So why would it be hard to imagine bacteria on Mars? Mars has had countless impacts in its history like the Earth. Its interesting to note that some of the particle matter from comets that was imaged by radar was found to be exactly the same size as Earth bacteria. I think life is all through the UNIVERSE and wherever it lands and can thrive, it does. Mars is probably no exception if it harbors habitable environments, even if they are subsurface ones. SOMETHING is making the methane there, and I have a feeling its biological, not geological.
edit on 3-10-2019 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
Ya. They say that every year, right around the time when the question of funding comes around.

Yeah, but you're forgetting the other volley in that tennis game, where the campaigning President gives speeches to aerospace firms and mimics Old Kennedy by announcing some big ambitious plan to send rockets everywhere, and then when the budget rolls around the budget stays pretty much the same as always. Every. Time.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join