It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA - Life on Mars could be found within two years but world is ‘not prepared’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   
screw the sleepwalking crowd and tell the humans
edit on 29-9-2019 by KiwiNite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

I bet that fungus spores are there, they are very adaptive and can do a lot of weird biological things. Plus are so small and light could just about float from Earth to mars. Given enough time.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   
1 - i would like to here what dr green actually said - ie primary source for his " statement "

2 - the reality check is that " life on mars " is most likley to be microbial . its my opinion that no sentient marian species is extanct in the 21st century - and i am doubfull that there have ever been any

3 - the only people who are " not ready " for any confirmation of martian microbes = religious wing nuts

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

originally posted by: RMFX1
Personally speaking, and I fully accept that I might be wrong, but I don't think we're finding life on Mars or anywhere else anytime soon. I don't think it's there. Time will tell.

I think we have already found life on Mars, please review my below signature.
Regarding your avatar, it is offensive, insulting, and Anti Christian! It is a religious attack against one's belief! How it escapes the Mods is beyond me. If someone depicted some inflammatory comment on their aviator regarding Hinduism, Buddhism, or being anti-Muslim, they would be asked to remove it or would have been crushed by the ban hammer of Thor.

If they haven't found it already, they are pretty sure it is there.

Concerning RMFX1 avatar. I don't find it offensive, just irreverent. For me it presents the idea that if we could control ourselves enough to stop sinful behavior, then it wouldn't have been necessary for Jesus to die for our sins. Then you couldn't blame anything but yourself for needing redemption. Sure you were born with sin, the flesh seems to crave sin, but when you choose sin and try to blame the creator for shoddy human design, then you are the reason for the greatest sacrifice made for the sake of humanity. I'm not offended, in fact it makes me think more about my responsibility as a Christian.

ETA: I do find the iconic image of Christ to be somewhat offensive, but it's popular, so each to his own.
edit on 29-9-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: LookingAtMars

How the holy hell can they say they are close to discovering life on Mars?
If life doesn't or hasn't existed on Mars they will never find it.

And if it does of had previously existed they would have no way of know when they would find the proof.

The only possible way they could say that is that nasa has already found proof and have scheduled its announcement. Coincidentally right after the next election..

I'm calling shenanigans.
....did you seriously use the term, "Shenanigans"?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
You are contradicting yourself. So which is it? You're talking out of both sides of your mouth here. Do you actually have a point of view here or are you just arguing with every statement?

I'm not contradicting myself. I pointed out the flaw in your thinking. If you're of the opinion that the emergence of life is common, it would be entirely unreasonable to assume that humankind will be fine because we are somehow 'the meanest SOB' out of trillions of intelligent species that would be outthere.
The odds of this being the case are so incredible small it defies description.

I on the other hand don't think life is common. I expect the emergence of live is the single greatest filter and the answer to why noone has settled our neck of the woods in the last say 5 billion years. There simply isn't anyone else.
edit on 30-9-2019 by mightmight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Notoneofyou

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: Notoneofyou

originally posted by: Spacespider
I guess NASA already would know there is life there by saying something like that...
But now ESA is evolved they know they cannot keep the truth from us anymore.
Perhaps we humans evolved on Mars

I think your probably correct.

In the back of my mind, something tells me we were from mars, and destroyed it like were doing here on earth now.

And were going back now we've nearly wrecked earth.

Wash,rinse,repeat...

Don't you think there would be some pretty obvious evidence of a previous civilization on Mars if this was the case??

Cities, ruins, roads, monuments...and things like that???

Depends on who gets there first to "tidy up" and decide what we get to see.

Look at Egypt, we still domt have the equipment to build the pyramids, but surely someone did.

I think there's alot of history we don't access to.

Cleaning up the entire surface of a planet?

We've been looking at mars with telescopes for over a century. Long before space flight. Somebody would have noticed a list city on mars back then.

The idea that you could scrub a planet and make it look like natural terrain is simple ridiculous.

We DO have the tools to build the pyramids. How they were built is well known. We have actual tools from the time. We have the quaries where the stone was cut from, the chiseled and hammers used to cut it, and even the tool marks on the blocks.

The only real debate is whether they used straight or curved ramps, and how early they started to use pulleys and winches.

I keep hearing people saying that we couldn't lift blocks like this today, but this is based on a misunderstanding. The truth is that a few people tried to hire cranes to lift block for recreations and their local hire companies didn't do the large cranes required. And their stone masons were less skilled than the Egyptian stone masons because they were either artists of hobiests, not professionals who cut books for 18 hours a day every day during the flood season when they couldn't farm.
edit on 30-9-2019 by AaarghZombies because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 03:02 AM
link   

This is some BS.

Agree. NASA should stick to science and get out of the infotainment business.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I really don't share NASA's view that we can't handle it. For crying out loud they already announced life on Mars in 1996, when for a few months the whole world thought it was true (probably is). Nothing bad happened and people's minds stayed firmly intact. Then they backtracked but well after the announcement. What's the big deal?
NAnny State Asshats.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

With current level of tech, no. Cleaning an entire planet would not be easy.

But if there was a time on mars where a society had much more impressive tech, than I would fathom any weapons would also be much more powerful also.

An e.l.e. event due to war with weapons if that magnitude wouldn't require much cleanup, if it was bad enough to destroy the surface of the planet.

Not even taking into consideration how much Time has elapsed since the hypothetical e.l.e. event , how do we know how long mars has been in its current state?

Earth was a mighty nasty place (weather/atmosphericly) not too long ago. Before the climate stabilized, 100 mph winds and 400ft waves were normal. I would say that could do a fine job of erasing alot of the traces of any civilizations that were once around-if any.

As for the pyramids construction.

Where is this crane that can lift 100 + ton blocks? And how were they quarried in the time frames necessary to build the pyramids in the time egyptologists say they were built in?

It's not happening with levers and pulleys and ropes in the time frames historians/ egyptologists are saying they were built in.

edit on 30-9-2019 by Notoneofyou because: My fingers are friggin awful today.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

They're probably talking about some microscopic organism in the dirt or underground lake. I couldn't care less about that. If they wanna impress me, find a life form capable of building spaceships or eating humans when they land. REAL life forms.

Thanks in advance, NASA.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
I guess NASA already would know there is life there by saying something like that...
But now ESA is evolved they know they cannot keep the truth from us anymore.
Perhaps we humans evolved on Mars

That's where the men evolved.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: schuyler

Just by sheer numbers it would be a safe bet there is life out there somewhere.
The distance means we will probably never know.
As for Mars, It could have had life at one time.
I'll need proof it's still there.

My first bet, for the microbial junk we all already expect, would be in the underground lakes of Titan (Saturn's moon). There could actually be more than just microbial life. It's odd that as technologically advanced as we are today, we can't get a drone mission to Saturn or its moons and leave a trail of satellites in space on the way there in order to keep communication. I mean, couldn't we have powerful satellites orbiting each planet?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I recently watched a video where they demonstrated how one of the rovers is taking samples by drilling. What amazed me was that they were finding moister millimeters beneath the surface. I picked up on another article that said it is likely there is an ocean's worth of water deeper beneath the surface. There is a good chance that further below beyond the harsh radiation there is microbial life.

If life is found and it is similar in structure I am sure there will be a huge debate on its origin between Abiogenesis and panspermia. In other news, I was reading some scientists believe that about a billion years ago Venus was capable of sustaining life before volcanism acted up creating a runaway greenhouse effect. Finding life on mars would truly turn things on end with the panspermia hypothesis.

There has not been a success yet with recreating life through abiogenesis and I have sometimes wondered if a difference in gravity may be the thing that is missing.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Interesting on the 2 year timeline. They apparently need that much time to stage some proof?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Imagine two scenarios.

One, it's genetically identical to earth life. In no way alien genetically, and could easily have evolved on earth.

Two, it's genetically very different to life on earth, and does not share the same genetic markers live that evolved on earth has Implying an entirely different genesis.

Either result has very interesting and different implications and possibilities.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Interesting on the 2 year timeline. They apparently need that much time to stage some proof?

That's when the new NASA and ESA rovers will be operational on Mars.

The drill is designed to extract samples from various depths, down to a maximum of two metres. It includes an infrared spectrometer to characterise the mineralogy in the borehole. Once collected, a sample is delivered to the rover’s analytical laboratory, which will perform mineralogical and chemistry determination investigations. Of special interest is the identification of organic substances. The rover is expected to travel several kilometres during its mission.
exploration.esa.int...

The mission of the Mars 2020 rover focuses on surface-based studies of the Martian environment, seeking preserved signs of biosignatures in rock samples that formed in ancient Martian environments with conditions that might have been favorable to microbial life.

It is the first rover mission designed to seek signs of past microbial life. Earlier rovers first focused on and confirmed that Mars once had habitable conditions.
mars.nasa.gov...-goal-1

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Good point. If it is similar then the debates on the origin would be so fun but if it is not then there would be a whole myrid of theories/hypothesis's being thrown around.

I really look forward to if life is discovered there.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Of course in keeping with the baby steps to disclosure agenda, first they will say they found proof of ancient microbial life forms that are long since dead and can't hurt anyone and see how that goes over with the churches and the general population. Then maybe in another five years they'll say they found a living microbe on a meteor or something, I think it's kind of insulting the way they keep dragging their feet about it. Our tax money is paying for these Mars projects and whatnot and their just keeping it all to themselves and feeding us B/S.

If they have spy Satellites that can take a picture of my car in the driveway from space, they could use that same technology to take photos of points of interest on the Mars surface, [ Like that face]. But, for some reason they don't. Or do, and don't say what they found.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

They probably already discovered that martians are the missing link in mankind's evolution. The one's who won't be able to handle such news will be those who are religious inclined.

More than likely, they were advanced enough to get here but in this world did not have the means to continue their technology. Idiocracy set in, wars, plagues, etcetera ... Mankind had a restart...or being they destroyed their 1 st planet...they purposely wanted to hold back on destructive technology this time around.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join