It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA - Life on Mars could be found within two years but world is ‘not prepared’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Notoneofyou

I Can't wait to move to venus

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Prepared for what? Reality? Woooo how scary???

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

The surface of Mars is not very hospitable to life. The more we find out about what is under the surface of Mars, the more hospitable it looks.

Based on discoveries we have made here on earth in recent years where life was not expected to be found its highly likely based on what we learned about mars since exploring it that life most likely exists under the surface.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
To me, it means they have good theories with some evidence, but the next mission will have the capability of verifying everything without a doubt.

It could be microbes, it could be little green men that live underground. Even microbes on Mars will rattle a good portion of the planet.

I always wondered how we got pictures from Mars and the moon 50 years ago that showed what appeared to be gears and other "manufactured" items. Strange how the first mission could have pictures of objects like that...... if it isn't Earth's junk, whose was it?

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

As for aliens or life; Elon states he has NO evidence ever to propose they exist, and in so, at least in this pocket of the galaxy, we are alone.

And what if he did have some evidence? Would he get stuck with the national secrets act and told to shut up or share a cell next to Chelsea Manning? What option has he got rather than lie if he wants to keep his business going in this current political environment?

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
originally posted by: LookingAtMars

Nasa is close to finding life on Mars but the world is not ready for the “revolutionary” implications of the discovery, the space agency’s chief scientist has said.

Dr Jim Green has warned that two rovers from Nasa and the European Space Agency (ESA) could find evidence of life within months of arriving on Mars in March 2021.

Life on Mars could be found within two years but world is ‘not prepared’, Nasa’s chief scientist says

Translation - NASA has already found life on Mars (probably by mistake) and want to give the public some time to absorb the info and implications. It will also give them time to figure out what they hell they've actually found and what it means.

The sole purpose of the 2 new rovers is to more aggressively and purposefully follow up on the discovery. Once NASA has more info & analysis from the new rovers, they'll shout "Eureka!! - we've discovered life on Mars! Here's what we've found...etc"

End of Translation.

Carry on.

edit on 9/29/2019 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

NASA is within 2 years that Santas toy shop is on mars not the north pole. The world is not ready for such a discovery and will cause many to lose faith in Santa.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Life on Mars or anywhere else in the solar system for that matter would be just about the worst discovery in the history of humanity. The perfect moment to put our collective head between our legs and kiss our ass goodbye if there ever was one.
Life evolving independently from each other on two different rocks in the same star system means the emergence of life is common and would happen almost everywhere. It means that the great filters preventing life from spreading through the cosmos are still before us.
Which would mean we’re screwed.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mightmight
Life on Mars or anywhere else in the solar system for that matter would be just about the worst discovery in the history of humanity. The perfect moment to put our collective head between our legs and kiss our ass goodbye if there ever was one.
Life evolving independently from each other on two different rocks in the same star system means the emergence of life is common and would happen almost everywhere. It means that the great filters preventing life from spreading through the cosmos are still before us.
Which would mean we’re screwed.

What if life on earth evolved from microbes that survived on martian rocks sent up into space from an impact that eventually ended up crashing on earth?

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: schuyler

I doubt we will find living life on Mars. Ancient life might happen though. That planet is not very hospitable to life.

I doubt we won't. "Life will find a way." -- Dr. Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum), Jurassic Park

Movies are fun

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Life on Mars or anywhere else in the solar system for that matter would be just about the worst discovery in the history of humanity... Which would mean we’re screwed.

Why? Maybe we're the meanest SOBs in the Universe. I see nothing to contradict that so far.

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Movies are fun

They are, and realistic, too. You know, I always roll my eyes every time someone gets on this forum and condescendingly puts up this straw man argument like this, "I don't see how anyone could be so egotistical to assume we are the only life in the Universe. blah blah blah" and I think, who in there right mind thinks this? I don't know anyone who thinks this.

Then, sadly, I find them.

originally posted by: XCrycek

Or NASA keeps blowing hot air like they usually do when announcing exoplanets? They need funding and this is one way of keeping general public interested

Works for me.
edit on 9/29/2019 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

originally posted by: RMFX1
Personally speaking, and I fully accept that I might be wrong, but I don't think we're finding life on Mars or anywhere else anytime soon. I don't think it's there. Time will tell.

I think we have already found life on Mars, please review my below signature.
Regarding your avatar, it is offensive, insulting, and Anti Christian! It is a religious attack against one's belief! How it escapes the Mods is beyond me. If someone depicted some inflammatory comment on their aviator regarding Hinduism, Buddhism, or being anti-Muslim, they would be asked to remove it or would have been crushed by the ban hammer of Thor.

Its your right to feel offended, buts that's really no concern of mine. Get over it.

ETA: I've had this avatar for 10 years probably.
edit on 29-9-2019 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Or NASA keeps blowing hot air like they usually do when announcing exoplanets?
They need funding and this is one way of keeping general public interested
edit on 29-9-2019 by XCrycek because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Just by sheer numbers it would be a safe bet there is life out there somewhere.
The distance means we will probably never know.
As for Mars, It could have had life at one time.
I'll need proof it's still there.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Why? Maybe we're the meanest SOBs in the Universe. I see nothing to contradict that so far.

There are between 100 and 300 billion planets in our own galaxy. There are two trillion galaxies in the observable universe.
Care to take those odds?

They are, and realistic, too. You know, I always roll my eyes every time someone gets on this forum and condescendingly puts up this straw man argument like this, "I don't see how anyone could be so egotistical to assume we are the only life in the Universe. blah blah blah" and I think, who in there right mind thinks this? I don't know anyone who thinks this?

How can you assume we're not alone? Look at the damn night sky. It's empty, devoid of life. Even if live evolved only on say every billionth planet the observable universe should have been filled by life serveral times over.
There's no reason to assume we'd even exist. If there is life outthere someone would have long since come around and converted this solar system into a dyson sphere to produce paperclips or some other weird #.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

There are between 100 and 300 billion planets in our own galaxy. There are two trillion galaxies in the observable universe. Care to take those odds?

and then you say:

How can you assume we're not alone? Look at the damn night sky. It's empty, devoid of life. Even if live evolved only on say every billionth planet the observable universe should have been filled by life serveral times over.

You are contradicting yourself. So which is it? You're talking out of both sides of your mouth here. Do you actually have a point of view here or are you just arguing with every statement?
edit on 9/29/2019 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Wow mate you ever heard of psychological projection.

You seem to be tearing into people as being egotistical etc....
While massaging your own ego.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
Wow mate you ever heard of psychological projection.

You seem to be tearing into people as being egotistical etc....
While massaging your own ego.

Do you even understand what has been said here? Do you understand the issue? First the guy suggests with millions of planets I should not be saying we might be he biggest SOBs around, then he turns right around and says I'm wrong for suggesting we might not be alone.

That, sir, is a contradiction. You can't have it both ways.

Then you turn around and play your Psychology 101 class stuff on me? Good Lord. Do you even know what this thread is about?

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

What he probably means is that the scientific community probably isn't ready to accept that life has actually been found.

About a quarter of the US population believes that intelligent space aliens either are currently visiting us or have visited us in ancient times.

Scientists have spent so long denying space brothers and little green men that they have given themselves into a thoroughly unscientific mindset about bacteria and microbes. It is they who would be rocked by the implications. The rest of us will simply say "wake me up when you find one the ones that have been probing people's butts".
edit on 29-9-2019 by AaarghZombies because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It was only 500 years ago when we made a new discovery of a couple brand new continents here on our own planet. Did people go insane once news got out that there were other civilizations previously unknown on the planet? I think our civilization would probably get better overall after disclosure.

An interstellar civilization may not populate many other planets. Evolution for life on earth is too slow, not just for humans. Our options would be live in artificial environments and space suits all the time, or find a planet just like earth that isn't full of hostile life already, which is probably very slim.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join