It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houthi Rebels claim they've captured thousands of Saudi troops in Major Attack near the Border

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
If you guys want to see footage of the assault, either search in Arabic on YouTube or follow some folks on Twitter .

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   
bummer these proxy operations go so deep

playin both sides now

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   
GUSH, OIH and XOM calls tomorrow morning

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Can't see any Saudi military swappping sides to join the Iranians..................

There is something ratcheting up over there right now, what with all this stuff in Arabia along with Egypt suffering a near revolution at the same time, plus all the other USA Iranian British ships, Israeli elections, turkey cosying up with Vlad and his tech, Lebanon protests and Syria still going on well there's lots of fronts at play

This is going to lead to the amalgamation of a powerful force

Order out of chaos

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: CthruU

Very interesting so what is your take on where this is headed.

More of the same I guess , Saudi are reaping the rewards of their intervention in a neighboring country , not sure they can blame this latest episode on Iran although they will likely try to frame it as such, in reality I think it's just a part of their war in Yemen.

When you look at the country of Yemen and their economy, there has to be influence from somewhere. I suspect they are being trained by Iran if nothing else. Arms have to come from somewhere too. Yemen is absolute poverty and this war has just made things worse. If it isn't Iran, it's Russia or China funding them.

Have you ever watched one if the traveling youtube channels where they go to Iran on vacation?

The local population of Iran seem to be very nice and welcoming people

Something tells me whoever is in charge of Iran was placed there but Mossad/CIA

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Some footage from the surrender .

And some attacks on the convoy.

A general summary of the planning and execution of the operation. Allegedly they mobilized Yemen's air defense units to intercept Saudi Apaches, as well as pre-emptively striking several air bases and jets as they were taking off. How would they have all this Intel?? It's either from God or Iran. I was wondering where the # their air support was. I don't understand why Saudis will not commit more of their own actual forces. The majority of these folks were mercenaries, many recruited from the Yemen population. Of course they will panic and # up, they have not been trained properly to utilize the equipment provided to them.

And for the heck of it, some prophecy analysis.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   
After following this all weekend, I was considering posting something here, instead saw it has already been done.

Thanks for the thread, these subjects are very interesting and it's worth discussing.

Here is a quote I agree with completely;

"It's incredibly embarrassing for the Saudis giving how much support they have from not only the UAE but also the United States, the UK and several other countries. If the Houthis are able to carry out this level of operation it poses a significant turn in this war," al-Adeimi told Al Jazeera.
AJ

Absolutely embarrassing, especially when one considers allegedly how rich the Saudi are as a nation, yet they need support and still completely dropped the ball militarily.

Are they really that lacking, in real military experience?

Expect a prompt military show of force by them soon, to prove they are capable, if they don't, every one will know they have been defeated already.

The article mentions attrition being most effective. Well it seems well planned strikes are too.

Also worth mentioning was the prisoner exchange, some 7k people, so why the recent clash killing about 500?

It doesn't make sense to me, for them to conduct an attack to cause casualties, I suspect they were going for more prisoners.

Admittedly I'm not completely 100% on the situation, and only have recently started tracking it.

However, already I think I'm seeing inconsistencies, and it makes me suspicious of what has happened leading up to this flashpoint in the conflict.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Here is a lengthy(1hr)video of the assault and its aftermath (graphic in parts):

twitter.com...

I think that is a Houthi twitter page,and there are no subs on the video.

But I gotta say-the Saudi army look more like a band of skint insurgents..Whatever military equipment the USA and Uk are selling them,it sure does not include uniforms,rifles or even boots.
Most of the dead/captured saudis (?)don't have much in the way of uniforms(except for the odd pair of green,not dessert camo pants!)
Most are wearing sandals or flip flops,not a pair of army boots in sight.
And the only captured assault rifles i could see was (lots of) AKs.

The saudi "army" in the video look more like a rag tag bunch of jihadi mercs to me.
I have to wonder-where is all the high tech military equipment the UK and the US sell to them?
I know we sell them planes and bombs,but an army in flip flops and football shirts is pretty sad for a mega rich country like saudi IMO.

BTW I found that video from this article,which is an interesting read:

www.strategic-culture.org...

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

The problem is that was not the Saudi army regulars. Most of those were mercenaries, and many were actually just poor folks recruited from Yemen. It may very well have even been a scam where the houthis told their citizens to just take all the money, play along, and then surrender at the start of the op as an easy way to steal a ton of gear and cash.

I mean #, this is frankly exactly like the last book of the Left behind Bible prophecy book franchise. Same terrain, same factor s, same outcome for the mountain desert dwellers and the mighty armies of the anti-christ. Iirc it is even in the same geographical area.

Perhaps the authors were time travelers 🤣

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
War Diary project has a documentary video available with more footage, some we seen, lots we have not.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Let’s face it the Gulf Arabs can’t beat themselves out of a paper bag.

They’ve grown soft on oil wealth. They are getting walloped by the Houthis.

Yemeni Houthis Defeating Paper Tiger Saudis

According to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), Saudi Arabia ranks third in global military spending after the US and China — allocating an estimated $65.5 billion in 2018. The US, Britain and France are its main weapons, munitions, and related military equipment suppliers. Despite enormous Saudi wealth devoted to militarism and warmaking, Houthi fighters are winning in Yemen, clearly spending a tiny fraction of what Riyadh budgets to partner with endless US war in Yemen — draining its resources, going into debt, achieving nothing.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
They are trying to imitate our own methods in Ukraine and Syria. Utilizing domestic labor to do the heavy lifting. The problem is, they keep using poor unttained folks, many who have little to no experience at war.

In Ukraine, there was enough money and modestly educated assholes that knew how to use the systems they were given (call of duty Modern warfare 1 for the bonus social conditioning as the very plot).

In Syria, the Kurdish population have had decades of combat experienced veterans from the Turkish border to properly educate themselves on tactics. All they needed was the right sponsor with modern gear.

The Saudis just keep on importing mercenaries from poor African countries as well as the poor people of Yemen themselves, most with little education and even less actual combat experience. When they imported actual experienced mercenaries from Latin America in 2015 and 2016, they came back to their countries due to the realization of how sloppy and arrogant the Sauds were handling it. I mean #, in Colombia's case, they came back and sought to end a nearly sixty year old civil war after fighting in Yemen.

I suspect it is because they never fought alongside true believers who were not motivated by money, but by faith. Ansar Allah does not give a rats ass for gold, silver or dollars. The approval and satisfaction of God is the only payment they need, and they will sacrifice themselves to do so.

There are no true believers like that in South America, or even North America for the most part. Maybe except for US Marines

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join