It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Book - Militant Islam Reaches America - Good read so far

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I have just started reading this book and as far as I have got I can tell that it will be a good one. This author although non-Muslim brings a very interesting idea and cause behind what we see in the headlines.

The basic jist so far is that this war is not between Islam and the West at all but between Militant Islam and Moderate Islam. The West is just a by-stander in this struggle. The amount of deaths that Islamic terror has tolled on the west is dwarfed by the amount of Muslim deaths by the same hand. It is very interesting indeed, especially from my point of view to read this....I am seeing things from a bit different angle and it is really good.

The author describes the likely war to come in the next 10 years but it will not be between American and the Muslim world but between Iran and Turkey. These 2 countries, he says holds the key. They both offer a vastly different view of Islam in the 21st Century. The odd part is that it could be Turkey that takes the Radical flag and Iran that takes the Moderate one.

His advice to the West? Make damn sure Turkey is supported and not as a second class citizen but as a partner, like instant admission to the EU. If it doesn't, then Turkey will fall to the Militant Islam and then the West will be at the front of this war. The West will not loose this war, but they can avoid it altogether if steps are taken now.....

Wow, I will post more on this as I read it, but if you are looking for a good read, I would recommend it.

One of the most far-reaching examinations of militant Islam written to date.

Long before September 11, Daniel Pipes publicly warned Americans that militant Islam had gone to war against America. Drawing on his thirty years of intensive research on Islam, he shows the vital distinction between the faith of Islam and the ideology of militant Islam. Among his findings: militant Islam has much in common with fascism and communism; about one in every eight Muslims worldwide supports militant Islam; 70,000 Al-Qaeda accomplices remain at large in over fifty countries; Michael Jackson and Madonna are, in the eyes of militant Islam, "cultural terrorists" who should be brought to trial; militant Islamic groups have raised $1.3 million for the defense of indicted murder suspect Jamil Al-Amin (formerly H. Rap Brown). Militant Islam Reaches America is one of the important and readable books about the grave issues that now confront America.

Book Link

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Ed I may need to read this as well. Maybe I should reevaluate my beliefs. here. Why are the moderates so silent it appears to me complacency. Why are the afraid of proselytizing. If they are right why should they fear?

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Well Reaganman, I KNOW you would find this interesting, the best part about it is how the author says the US and Europe are not the major players but Turkey and Iran are......He makes his case VERY well.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Reaganman makes an excellent point, one that I have wondered about for a long time. Why are the moderates so silent? I've always thought that it was because they were sheltering the radicals, but the premise of this book makes me think otherwise. Maybe they are afraid of retaliation?

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Reaganman makes an excellent point, one that I have wondered about for a long time. Why are the moderates so silent? I've always thought that it was because they were sheltering the radicals, but the premise of this book makes me think otherwise. Maybe they are afraid of retaliation?

I am telling you it will make sense when you recognize the Turkey/Iran struggle.....

top topics

join