It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mud-Pit options for the upcoming election

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I support Trump as you know, I just don't support reckless chaos from either side. You've been here a while and contributed to this site. Why should we allow people from either side to join, and just jump right into the MP, and create a thread that has no soul purpose of creative debate?.

I look forward to the upcoming debates that will occur...

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I think there have been gleaming examples of posts within this very thread that demonstrate why the Mud Pit exists. And I like most members would rather that sort of uncivil tone be there than in other forums. Launching a higher barrier to the pit means pit posts will happen outside the pit more often.

How long will those last before responded to in kind? Not one alert was made on some prime examples in this thread. I surely could have alerted, but decided to wait and see to use as an example.

We can ask you to be civil. We can remind you to be civil. But in the end the site is what the membership makes it to be. And if the owners decide the signal to noise is no longer worth the effort, end it.

In the end, it is really all in each of our own hands as to how to choose to behave.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

I don't think we have choice, if the owners want the pit open to everyone that's their prerogative, I don't like it personally and recently I almost opted to have my account deleted and just move on from this site because of the lack of genuine debate and the experience here has been increasingly negative.

I do believe the attitude in the pit bleeds out into other threads, it is what it is I guess.

(post by Sabrechucker removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by Sabrechucker removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Mudpit options for coming election

1) Shut it down
2) Shut it down
3) Shut it down

or if not possible

4) have it so we can choose certain forums to be hidden

Life would be so much happier without the constant 'wah,wah' this political idiot has done something, when yu click the homepage of ATS now, its reads like political troll bait, there is no conspiracys or interesting sightings anymore other than, this is left, this is right.....fight!!

ATS chased the click revenue and it looks like it worked, to the cost of the community of course which has become fractured and splintered, but $$$ always come first over morales.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

can you quote those "morales"

they seem subjective to me.

lets stick with facts.

and welcome to humannity

warning, water is wet

sometimes the sun shines.

Moral Orel is an animation.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

1) That was not a choice to send “a low level mod” that was me speaking as a member with an opinion. Had I came in as a mod, there would have been no post other than a PSA along with some post removals.

2) The idea of a “low level mod” doesn’t really exist the way you think it does. The difference between a moderator, super moderator and administrator is that a moderator does not have all forums. As for me personally, there might be a couple discontinued forums or rarely used ones because I even have the Automotive forum on my list.

3) Further more, since we moderate by consensus and not by decree and that all votes have equal weight in decision, there really isn’t a “low level mod” in the bunch. Even brand new ones in training have equal voice otherwise they would not had been asked.

We do get asked for the global ignore button on certain posters or to ignore a forum altogether. Why must there be a parse and sort function specific to you when you can simply ignore something wholly on your own. People are very good at ignoring factual information that is counter to their belief system. You don’t change faiths walking past assorted churches and temples. You don’t become a Ford or Chevy man depending on which commercial you last saw? I would say no one is changing parties based on what certain people posts or politician says, then I remember that the Walkaway Movement is getting bigger.

For the most part people can filter on their own just fine.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
I think there have been gleaming examples of posts within this very thread that demonstrate why the Mud Pit exists. And I like most members would rather that sort of uncivil tone be there than in other forums. Launching a higher barrier to the pit means pit posts will happen outside the pit more often.

How long will those last before responded to in kind? Not one alert was made on some prime examples in this thread. I surely could have alerted, but decided to wait and see to use as an example.

We can ask you to be civil. We can remind you to be civil. But in the end the site is what the membership makes it to be. And if the owners decide the signal to noise is no longer worth the effort, end it.

In the end, it is really all in each of our own hands as to how to choose to behave.

That's a whole lot of excuses that says something pretty important to the member base -- that you (mods as a whole) need to admit you're understaffed and need to expand your volunteer ranks by a good percentage.

If you cannot keep the Pit IN THE PIT even if it's made into a merit-based privilege to act like an ass to others on here, you need to admit the oversight failures that exist.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Not a bad idea... One month of posting so banned whack jobs can't start ten names in 5 days and go back to the mudpit to troll.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

4) have it so we can choose certain forums to be hidden

Fun fact: You used to be able to do exactly that!!! You could curate your own Recent page list, I kid you not. Whoever's bright idea it was to get rid of it needs their rear end beat.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

We do get asked for the global ignore button on certain posters or to ignore a forum altogether. Why must there be a parse and sort function specific to you when you can simply ignore something wholly on your own. People are very good at ignoring factual information that is counter to their belief system. You don’t change faiths walking past assorted churches and temples. You don’t become a Ford or Chevy man depending on which commercial you last saw? I would say no one is changing parties based on what certain people posts or politician says, then I remember that the Walkaway Movement is getting bigger.

For the most part people can filter on their own just fine.

Why would you want to make it a less easy for someone to "just ignore" their banes? The extent of heel digging on this one makes no sense logically. The ol' Ignore button is a tried & true way of letting the membership collectively show a knuckledragging member exactly what the membership thinks of them as a whole. It's a bloodless and painless method of manners & conduct enforcement enacted on the members' parts. Takes a lot of strain off mods, too.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

As a long time member I completely agree.

In my opinion, the best option for the mud pit would simply be to remove the option of stars/flags there, and also to remove any that were ever "earned" there. The mud pit seems to be a necessary evil for the health of the other forums, but stars and flags in a sub-forum that embraces willful ignorance and political baiting never seemed quite right on ATS.
edit on 9/30/19 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
It's funny that as soon as Trump starts faltering and every thread isn't a celebration of the god emperor people start whining for a safe space.

Suck it up. The rest of us have had to put up with crappy right wing threads every day for close to two years. Now it's your turn.

Trump hasn't faltered, more people support him now than in 2016 because your party has moved so far to the left that you're leaving normal people behind and making them realize the true motive behind the New DNC. I LOVE IT!

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
a reply to: Ahabstar

Their are plenty of ways to ensure your "Valued" longtime members aren't subjected to the MP. You just don't want to.

I made the example (by starting this thread), not you. Whose choice was it to send a low level MOD along to make a statement?

ATS is completely void of what it advertises itself to be.

Low level mod? That was a dick move and if there were any chance of something happening, you just #ed it up. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Thread closed for review.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join