It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mud-Pit options for the upcoming election

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
a reply to: underwerks

Trump hasn't faltered you beaming lack of intelligence! His success has pissed people like you off.

Anti-American Schmuck!

Why do you hate the constitution? And freedom of speech?

You can always go back to the Q thread where there isn't any differing opinions and everyone pats you on the back for idiocy.

If things didn't change when all the right wing idiots came in after Donald Trump (LOL) became President it shouldn't change now.

Plus, the mud pit brings clicks, clicks bring ad views, and ad views bring money. So unless you're some kind of communist how about you let the free market decide?

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I support this idea 100%. Hell, this thread will be mudpit material in no time. It's already starting.

Make people earn it.
edit on 29-9-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   
The problem is you (or others) thinking they know best who the trolls are, and not going all agenda with who fits a troll on any given day.

a reply to: Sabrechucker

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:56 AM
link   
If you get rid of access to mudpit there goes the majority of the traffic (who wants to read a forum of angry posts and not be able to reply?) and the majority of ad revenue. Why would ATS management do such a silly thing?
a reply to: sine.nomine

edit on 29-9-2019 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
I support this idea 100%. Hell, this thread will be mudpit material in no time. It's already starting.

Make people earn it.

This thread? Mud pit? Soon? Nay, it might do better in the joke forum as it was our op who first resorted to lines like this one from page one.

Trump hasn't faltered you beaming lack of intelligence! His success has pissed people like you off.

Anti-American Schmuck!

One just has to find something humerous about that mustn't one?

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

originally posted by: sine.nomine

Make people earn it.

This thread? Mud pit? Soon? Nay, it might do better in the joke forum as it was our op who first resorted to lines like this one from page one.

Anti-American Schmuck!

One just has to find something humerous about that mustn't one?

Goes to show the op is quite at home in the pit, as long as it's a pro trump thread.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Don't change the mudpit. It's a fantastic metric to read the American demographic, in all its hate and fury for the opposing political ideology. Even the trolls are societies indicators of the current national political moods.

Free speech or just shut it down.

The coming elections will be "Game of Thrones" epic...

I agree! There is no need to change it.
The mud pit is a perfect Political Compass.

Also, the rules are easy to remember:
Politics only... everything but vulgarities and threats are "tolerated.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

This must be a Troll Trap ... they will all come!

Well, they is all here!

Where are the Daleks when you need them.

P

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
It's funny that as soon as Trump starts faltering and every thread isn't a celebration of the god emperor people start whining for a safe space.

Suck it up. The rest of us have had to put up with crappy right wing threads every day for close to two years. Now it's your turn.

Go to bed, Adam Schiff.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Excellent idea(s)! There's a reason why ATS has over 100,000 members, but only 50 to 100 regular posters.

Meh

Your statement about only 50 to 100 regular posters belies the premise of the OP.

It sounds more like you would prefer an echo chamber, where only opinions that align with yours are heard.

I have been a membee for several years, and lurker before that. I originally came for topics such as Ancient Civs, the science topics, conspiracies, etc. Politics was an afterthought.

Now, however, I do participate quite often in the pit, and find it to be a decent barameter of public opinion.

I agree that the "drive bys" don't add much meaningful discourse, but I can't see the silencing of free speech as a good thing.

I guess my point is that if you try to over regulate things, it will ultimately lead to a loss of overall value. Nobody forces you to participate, or even read a particular thread.

I often hear references to "the good old days", when conspiracy ruled the site.

My response is, post some new material, and they will come. The problem is, the big ones have been discussed ad nauseum, and beaten to death. Is there really anything to add to the JFK assassination, or fake moon landing debates?

One thing about modern politics, there is new material virtually every day.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Prove your here for the right reason's first.

What would that be?

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Make ats great again.

Most of those 100000 are probably deep state anyway.

Looking forward to more productive discussions myself.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Absolutely do this!!

And set some limits for how many mud pit posts show up on the main page at one time while you’re at it.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

That is a really interesting thought. Has the decline anything to do with most of the cool/interesting/controversial subjects being covered 100s of times from every imaginable angle? People's thirst has been quenched through sites like this?

I don't think it is just this site, I think there is a general decline happening on other boards that are similar. They also are trying to figure out the decline and are implementing new strategies thinking that it is the trolls who are compromising the traffic they once enjoyed.

For me the most dreaded response is 'This has been talked about or done so many times before' .. 'here are links to the last 20 threads started on this subject'. I would almost rather forget those were created, go through a new thread without knowing the results from previous discussions and then if I was really curious, go back and research. But there was a lot of effort put into those previous threads and maybe members want their old contributions to be recognized or do they simply not want to go through it again?

Times are a changing

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
ey

I'm not one for censorship in any form

if you dont like something don't interact with it.

self control man self control.

Me?

Bring on the feces, I bought a new shovel.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Bring back the ability to remove certain forums from appearing in your feed, why was this ever removed?

I guess you guys wanted me in the mudpits.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I tend to avoid the MP..sometimes I bit just as you do. My suggestions would suppress none on the members who've chimed into this thread. What I suggested would also stop the influx of pro Trump rants, that are bound to start soon as well.

Seems the only one's against this..don't give a damn about ATS being a conspiracy site at heart.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Yes

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Fair enough, I don't think think the pro trumpets are going to tone it down anytime soon, the inferiority complex many of them suffer from comes out in the pit, safety in numbers I guess .

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Censorship is a tool of the weak, and the gutless.

A 100%!left-wing concept.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join