It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What law did Trump allegedly break with his current Ukrainian faux pas

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

interesting

Nothing ground breaking but it kinda helped me understand some stuff. I you can read the excerpt from the book

edit on 28-9-2019 by Oppositeoftruth because: Stuff

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
It's funny how things turn out. Did we expect anything less from Trump? The whole idea of the "art of the deal" is using strong-arm quid pro quo tactics. I'm not sure it is in Trump's character to use soft tactics of influence. It's too bad because I really do prefer Trump over Pence. I would rather have a social liberal over a right-wing religious conservative any day of the week.

But it really looks like this time Trump has shoved his own foot down his own throat so hard it's not going to end well. I think Trump is just another mobster member of organized crime we call government. Trump is the swamp!

Now there's been a lot discussion over what law did Trump actually break. And if we say anything at all we are trolls. And the Democrats have done far worse so Trump should not be held to a different standard. However, if for one moment, you Republicans stop putting your party before country and the rule of law, then please consider the following laws Trump may have broken:

"The Federal Election Campaign Act (FECA) prohibits a foreign national from directly or indirectly making a contribution of “money or other thing of value” in connection with a U.S. election, and also prohibits a person from soliciting or accepting such a contribution.
“Soliciting” a contribution from a foreign national is a violation of FECA even if foreign national does not actually make a contribution. No quid pro quo is necessary for a violation to occur.
FEC regulation prohibits “provid[ing] substantial assistance in the solicitation” of a contribution from a foreign national in connection with a U.S. election.
FECA defines “contribution” to include “any gift … of money or anything of value made by any person for the purpose of influencing any election for Federal office.”
FEC regulation defines “to solicit” to mean “to ask, request, or recommend, explicitly or implicitly, that another person make a contribution … or otherwise provide anything of value.” “A solicitation is an oral or written communication that, construed as reasonably understood in the context in which it is made, contains a clear message asking, requesting, or recommending that another person make a contribution … or otherwise provide anything of value. A solicitation may be made directly or indirectly.”
Two requirements for criminal prosecution of FECA violations that are not required for impeachment by Congress or for civil enforcement by the FEC: Proof beyond a reasonable doubt (1) that the defendant acted “knowingly and willfully,”—i.e., defendant knew generally that his conduct was unlawful and (2) that the amount of the violation was $2,000 or more for a misdemeanor charge or $25,000 or more for a felony charge."

Federal Election Campaign Act

Ukrainegate Campaign Finance Violation: No “Quid Pro Quo” Necessary & July 25 Phone Call Only “Tip of the Iceberg”

Now I get it why you Republicans are so upset. But for moment please stop putting your party before the rule-of-law. Please stop putting your party before your country. We have to have the rule of law of we will turn into a banana Republic. I was just upset as you when Monica was wiping giz off her lips. But I took my medicine and so should you.

The next few months are going to be very difficult for you Republicans. I really have empathy for you because I remember how painful the days were when Clinton was being impeached. Hang in there! 15 years from now your will not remember how bad it felt.

Too bad the doj disagrees with your assessment.
You know the subject matter experts.

Nice try tho.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

BWAHAHAHA

So what Democrats that trump have accused of anything really , are being prosecuted??

Zero..

All the people trump has accused of felonies have gotten book deals, speaking fees and for damn sure got to keep their millions.

What about the people the democrats have accused of corruption??

Well a big percentage of them are already in jail...

Hmmmmm..

So if the democrats are the corrupt ones, why is it only trumps friends going to jail?!?

Hmmm....

Lmao

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

You mean the “Fox News experts “ say that???

Oh wait even judge Neapolitano said it was illegal ON FOX NEWS!!!

In fact... all the people who claim the title of journalist and not commentator all agree it is inherently illegal..

Sheep smith, Chris Wallace, napolitano..

Hmmmm... only the Sean hannities and Jesse waters type commentators say it is legal....

Hmmm it is almost like Fox News it telling you their commentators are lying?!?!

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

😹 🐇

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Sandra Smith disagrees with you and she disagrees with Jessica Tarlov too😹🐇

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks
Gloves are off soy boy. I’m sick of you losers.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

If Trump committed a campaign finance violation, you don't go to jail over that, you get fined. By the way information, according to the law is not a thing of value.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MachineMan

If Trump committed a campaign finance violation, you don't go to jail over that, you get fined. By the way information, according to the law is not a thing of value.

Obama got hit on 3 different campaign finance violations....

Are you absolutely sure he isnt in prison as 2 or 1 members here with different accounts would have you believe?

Lolz🤪

But Trump isnt guilty of that either

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MachineMan

No, having an American celebrity give more than 5,000$ is a fine..

Going to a foreign power for aid in your campaign is a different matter..

We are pretty bad at giving bigwigs jail time, but hey.. manafort and Flynn got some jail time, so maybe.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

BWAHAHAHA

So what Democrats that trump have accused of anything really , are being prosecuted??

Zero..

All the people trump has accused of felonies have gotten book deals, speaking fees and for damn sure got to keep their millions.

What about the people the democrats have accused of corruption??

Well a big percentage of them are already in jail...

Hmmmmm..

So if the democrats are the corrupt ones, why is it only trumps friends going to jail?!?

Hmmm....

Lmao

Cory , is that you ?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

At the RNC convention in 2016? Like, before he was President? When he had no authority to do anything?

So what you're claiming is a politician's position gets altered depending who he/she is speaking to and when? Wow...that is news worthy.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Scepticaldem

Which one was for going to a foreign country for campaign aid???

If you break into a home without someone there it is one level of burglary..

If you break into a occupied dwelling it is a worse burglary charge..

This is not difficult stuff lol.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

No I think he is in jail...

I hate I forgot to mention that he was charged too!!

Thank you for reminding me that trumps personal lawyer was also prosecuted for corruption!!!

But I have NO IDEA why you somehow felt that reply “nailed it” lmao!

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: PurpleFox

Excellent rebuttal!!

BWAHAHAHA

That is so hilarious and ONLY a conservative thing, lol..

Make some pity, blatant logical fallacy.. like literally a 3,000 year old logical fallacy with its own funny little Latin name usually because we have known that was a ridiculous argument for millennia..

And some how feel like you “nailed. It!”

BWAHAHAHA

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

So if Biden murders someone in France, and Trump says he wants the murder investigated, he broke the law.

How crazy are you liberals for not wanting an investigation and preferring possible corruption.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

You mean like the HIllary campaign and DNC did?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

it really looks like this time Trump has shoved his own foot down his own throat so hard it's not going to end well.

ROFL!!! Wait, I going to have to do a nice thorough Google ats search when I get near a PC, because I know from memory you have specifically said this up to half a dozen times in the last couple years. Pretty certain you are the only one eating feet with crow as frosting.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

it really looks like this time Trump has shoved his own foot down his own throat so hard it's not going to end well.

ROFL!!! Wait, I going to have to do a nice thorough Google ats search when I get near a PC, because I know from memory you have specifically said this up to half a dozen times in the last couple years. Pretty certain you are the only one eating feet with crow as frosting.

Ummm...he’s used that same sophomoric line in every thread since this started...multiple times a day...every day...

Methinks he has a fixation...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

The US and Russia have been creating proxy wars since WW2 ended. Do you not see the issue in this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join