It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What law did Trump allegedly break with his current Ukrainian faux pas

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It's funny how things turn out. Did we expect anything less from Trump? The whole idea of the "art of the deal" is using strong-arm quid pro quo tactics. I'm not sure it is in Trump's character to use soft tactics of influence. It's too bad because I really do prefer Trump over Pence. I would rather have a social liberal over a right-wing religious conservative any day of the week.

But it really looks like this time Trump has shoved his own foot down his own throat so hard it's not going to end well. I think Trump is just another mobster member of organized crime we call government. Trump is the swamp!

Now there's been a lot discussion over what law did Trump actually break. And if we say anything at all we are trolls. And the Democrats have done far worse so Trump should not be held to a different standard. However, if for one moment, you Republicans stop putting your party before country and the rule of law, then please consider the following laws Trump may have broken:

"The Federal Election Campaign Act (FECA) prohibits a foreign national from directly or indirectly making a contribution of “money or other thing of value” in connection with a U.S. election, and also prohibits a person from soliciting or accepting such a contribution.
“Soliciting” a contribution from a foreign national is a violation of FECA even if foreign national does not actually make a contribution. No quid pro quo is necessary for a violation to occur.
FEC regulation prohibits “provid[ing] substantial assistance in the solicitation” of a contribution from a foreign national in connection with a U.S. election.
FECA defines “contribution” to include “any gift … of money or anything of value made by any person for the purpose of influencing any election for Federal office.”
FEC regulation defines “to solicit” to mean “to ask, request, or recommend, explicitly or implicitly, that another person make a contribution … or otherwise provide anything of value.” “A solicitation is an oral or written communication that, construed as reasonably understood in the context in which it is made, contains a clear message asking, requesting, or recommending that another person make a contribution … or otherwise provide anything of value. A solicitation may be made directly or indirectly.”
Two requirements for criminal prosecution of FECA violations that are not required for impeachment by Congress or for civil enforcement by the FEC: Proof beyond a reasonable doubt (1) that the defendant acted “knowingly and willfully,”—i.e., defendant knew generally that his conduct was unlawful and (2) that the amount of the violation was $2,000 or more for a misdemeanor charge or $25,000 or more for a felony charge."

Federal Election Campaign Act

Ukrainegate Campaign Finance Violation: No “Quid Pro Quo” Necessary & July 25 Phone Call Only “Tip of the Iceberg”

Now I get it why you Republicans are so upset. But for moment please stop putting your party before the rule-of-law. Please stop putting your party before your country. We have to have the rule of law of we will turn into a banana Republic. I was just upset as you when Monica was wiping giz off her lips. But I took my medicine and so should you.

The next few months are going to be very difficult for you Republicans. I really have empathy for you because I remember how painful the days were when Clinton was being impeached. Hang in there! 15 years from now your will not remember how bad it felt.

edit on 28-9-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

(post by hyperlexic removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Your second paragraph says trump shoved food down his throat.
Might want to fix that..

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: hyperlexic

Have yourself a cofefe and hamberder. You'll be able to reeee more happily if you do.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Your second paragraph says trump shoved food down his throat.
Might want to fix that..

Just did. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Hit the nail on the head.

S&F, plus my best wishes to a good thread.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Ongoing investigations 😃

Treaty Agreements 😃

Known past corruption in Ukraine pointing to Democrats 😃

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The left and rinos should be careful for what they wish for.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

You guys are great. Honestly. Like all these things haven’t happened before trump. Lol and then play right into his hands! Wow so dumb.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Is this going to be one of those threads that you like to abandon?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: PurpleFox

Like all these things haven’t happened before trump.

Like that makes it ok when Donald Trump does it.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: PurpleFox

Of course they did and still do. The internet has just made it much, much harder for them to do it now tho.

If Trump did what people are saying he did then someone needs to be the first example made of, this can't slide.

Honestly, Let this run it's course and see where it goes that's all we can do. But, this is right out of the playbook of Trump, he pushes and pushes until it lands in a massive legal battle, he will never ever admit defeat himself. Almost all his business deals went his way upfront, mid way, or to the bitter end in court where he either settled financially (lost) or won, with technicalities attached. And he's doing exactly that right now with this situation, but I don't think money can buy him out if it turns ugly.

I still find it interesting how were are once again, tying Trump back to eastern European areas and nations. Why is that?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

We have to have the rule of law of we will turn into a banana Republic.

Banana Republicans gonna Banana Republic.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Wow...

A world leader who gives a lot of aid to another world leader asked the latter for a favor.

If this shocks you or surprises you, it must have been rough the day you found out about the Eater Bunny. Do you honestly think "aid" is just aid? How do you think the world runs?

I understand the Trump haters/media/DNC are simply looking for anything which could be construed as beneath the office. This is as good as anything so far. Politics are usual. It's Russiagate v2.0. Let 'er rip. Something has to stick eventually right?

For the record, I am not a D or R. Go ahead and pigeonhole me if you want but as a someone with no dog in this fight, the pearl clutching and hyperventilating is a pitiful spectacle.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks
You and your kind are embarrassments. I mean that seriously. Do not procreate.

edit on 28-9-2019 by PurpleFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

But it really looks like this time Trump has shoved his own food down his own throat so hard it's not going to end well. I think Trump is just another mobster member of organized crime we call government. Trump is the swamp!

Now there's been a lot discussion over what law did Trump actually break. And if we say anything at all we are trolls. And the Democrats have done far worse so Trump should not be held to a different standard. However, if for one moment, you Republicans stop putting your party before country and the rule of law, then please consider the following laws Trump may have broken:

Well,
First off,
Trump has stood with the Mafia in his past...one Mafia guy at least, worked for him.
The second thing is that the enquiry doesn't seem to be just about the concealed information on that special server, while there has to be on it, a whole gamut of stuff, that involves * " Giuliani, and U.S. Attorney General William Barr as part of a more widespread pressure campaign directed towards the Ukrainian government", as well as what, 'only' might be about other discussions with other countries leaders.
What can be construed as a broken law, is that the complaint wasn't given over to,**"By law, such a complaint is supposed to be forwarded to the congressional intelligence committees within seven days. The complaint was released to congressional intelligence committees on September 25, 2019, 30 days after the complaint was filed, and a redacted version of the complaint was made public the next morning"

*en.wikipedia.org...

**en.wikipedia.org...

So somebody disregarded this item of law, and I think I'm free to speculate that everyone in the WH in executive positions, stuffed the phone transcript over to that server, in the expectation that it didn't surface again...but it did, due to the, 'Whistleblower'

edit on 28-9-2019 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox
a reply to: underwerks
You and your kind are embarrassments. I mean that seriously. Do not procreate.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY
Wow...

A world leader who gives a lot of aid to another world leader asked the latter for a favor.

Not very subtle,
Trump stalled a weapons+ recommendation at the 2016 RNC convention, a considerable amount it would have been.

*"Trump aide J.D. Gordon said at the Republican Convention in 2016 that Trump directed him to support weakening that position in the official platform, the softer option was adopted"...nappies???

He didn't do Ukraine any favours at the time....Trump, did like Russia though, funny that.

www.npr.org...

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

BWAHAHAHA

Yup any criticism of the “orange god” must be removed instantly huh??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join