It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright, shiny object filmed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Hello guys,
I filmed sometging interesting (at least for me) today. First of all i live in Istanbul and since one week there is an earthquake storm here. And today i witnessed something bright, reflecting object on the bright sky and i filmed it with my camera. But i dont know how to upload here. Do you have any idea?
edit on 28-9-2019 by deccal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Upload on youtube and add the link to this thread.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Thank you, I did.

Ok please don't expect much. You are also free to label it as BS. On handy camera it really looks terrible and I am a terrible camera user. Both videos are uncut, I just try to zoom in and out, but mostly a failure.
The bright object is seen mostly on the second half of the videos. It was an object, mirroring the sunlight sometimes and thus shines.
How long it was there? Well, we had to hurry, because my child started to cry and you cant always tell your wife in those situations that there is an interesting object and you want better to observe.
To sum up, it was stationary, sometimes reflecting sun light and shining, doesn't move. I am pretty sure it was not a plane, not a star, not a drone. Maaaaybe a weather baloon. It was too high to be a normal baloon, but not as high to be a star and its shining-not shining periods was definitly not like a star.
Anyway, I dont know what it was, therefore it was an UFO for me.
Here are the videos (please the innocent one throw the first stone)

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Could it be flashes from a satellite? There are those staying in place.

It is a bit hard to tell if it stays in place or if it is the cloud moving.

Thank you for sharing

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: deccal

basic info is always useful, location, time and direction your facing. then sat,aircraft and other high altitude events can be looked into

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

But it was not moving, i am pretty sure about it. Thank you too..

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It was visible enough so it caught your attention and made you film it. I like the idea you still did it even though it is shaky and not much to see. If you had done nothing and showed up here, you would read stuff like "why no video".

I had a similar observation but it was just a very bright white flash in the sky. I was later told what I saw could have been a satellite.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

First I also thought it might be a satellite but it didnt move for 2 min, then my wife yelled to me that we have to move, so I couldnt observe further

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

S & Freaking F!

At least you got your phone out and tried to record it. Many people do not...

Let me embed that for you.

edit on 28-9-2019 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Unfortunately, you will never see a geostationary satellite.

They are the highest satellites above the earth, unobservable with the naked eye.
It is most likely a surveillance drone.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Looks like a satellite flare to me. In fact a lot of people search for them they happen when the sun reflects off parts of the satellite like say the solar panels. Here you can try to track them if you register you can even talk with others about predicting them.

www.satflare.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82
Thank you for educating me on it

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

No problem!
The public known, Geo-stationary satellites are positioned over the equator.
They have very little reflective surfaces and so high up, so you'll never be able to see them.

However, fixed wing solar- celled drones used by some military- Israeli for sure, have the ability to face into the wind and stay relatively stationary.

My bet is a surveillance drone.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I live in Europe and the flash I saw was while heading north. maybe 45° or a bit lower from horizont (90° is straight upwards, I do not know if these are the correct used angles).

So I guess mine was one of those iridium satellites that are made responsible for the most flashes visible. It was daylight though.

Your bet sounds reasonable though. Have not even thought about them

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: deccal
Hello guys,
I filmed sometging interesting (at least for me) today. First of all i live in Istanbul and since one week there is an earthquake storm here. And today i witnessed something bright, reflecting object on the bright sky and i filmed it with my camera. But i dont know how to upload here. Do you have any idea?

Congratulations on being able to look up at the sky and seeing something minute but that it flashed repeatedly so that you could isolate it and film it. I also have been fortunate to film similar flashers in the sky above NYC. Mine flashed similar to what could be construed as a rotating Mylar balloon but it also was almost stationary which balloons don't do as the atmospheric winds would whip it around. Keep looking up!

Here is a frame from my video but the flashing object may not be visible because I had to crop the large frame to fit it here. If you look at the upper left corner you may see it, it's there.

edit on 9/28/2019 by Hunkadinka because: Add material.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I know I can start my own thread but the rules state that I have to contribute to an existing thread even though I found one below: Stationary blinking lights in the sky
d00d557started this topic on Feb 08, 2011 | Pages: 1 2 3
-------------------
My 2 videos
Daylight Flashing Unknown Aerial Display / UFO? 9 -2-2016
Yesterday, Friday, September 2, 2016, middle of the afternoon, I was outside in front of my NYC 8-story apartment building and as I always do I scanned the sky and noticed a recurring flash high in the sky. After I ascertained that the flashes weren't being generated by my eyes I whipped out my JVC GC-FM1 HD MEMORY CAMERA and recorded a minute plus of "video" on a memory card. Viewing the footage on my 20" pc monitor I counted 18 flashes at various intervals, every few seconds. The first flash is visible at 8 seconds near the top center of the screen. You'll have to replay the video many times to see the individual flashes at: 00:08, :13, :18: :28, :33, :37, :42, :47, :47, :53, :57, :01:02, :05, :12, :18. And possibly more flashes.

9-11-2016
I stepped outside at approx. 4pm and scanned the sky and saw the white orb in the video. I whipped out my JVC GC-FM1 digicam and shot. Since I was hand-holding the camera above my head my arms became unsteady and since I couldn't see the white orb on the LCD screen I just aimed at the general area of the sky and was able to catch the orb now and then. It was moving towards the east. For this video I didn't record when the "orb" appears. You may not see it but my camera did.

top topics

join