It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the only one who just doesn’t care about the latest “Trump Impeachment” saga?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I mean the title says it all really. I just don’t care either way about any of it.

The left has been screaming “Impeach” so much for 2.5 years that it’s become “the boy who cried wolf”. They just don’t have any merit with it anymore. Everything they’ve done to drag down this administration has failed. But they have succeeded in smearing the dignity of the American public by running us through their circus over and over again; so much so that I can’t even take the time to read a single article about the Ukrain story.

Meanwhile Trump and the right aren’t much better. He seriously sounds like a teenager arrogantly talking smack on a classmate while trying to look cool.

The public is latching onto this story with the same level of insanity that the media uses to spread it. I see headlines that say Trump is doomed and I see headlines that say the Liberals have failed again. Open forum sites have members sharing everything and the typical bickering in the comments section is more heated then ever over it all.

Yet...I find myself just not caring. I’m completely apathetic towards it. Maybe Trump gets impeached. Don’t care. Maybe Trump pulls a Nixon and steps down. Don’t care about that. Maybe Pelosi screws this up...whatevs. Maybe the left hands a re-election to Trump on a silver platter...it’s all pure madness and it’s an inconvenience to me because it’s been nonstop for so long that I feel immune to it. Like a bug on the windshield wiped away by the windshield wipers.

Surely I’m not the only one. Am I?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

No, you are not alone. I actually think this is a good thing. If more people held similar views, we could start changing this corrupt system.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

By no means.

I told my wife, the whole thing pisses me off to no end. It's all dirty and back handed. It makes me so mad to the point of just saying f it, what happens happens. Honestly besides ats, I've not looked or watched any other coverage of it. I hope that most normal people out there can see the inadequacies in the dems argument, and see through their bs but at the same time, I'm not holding my breath. I actually didn't vote for trump, but seeing the way the democrats circled the wagons from day one, and their constant assaults and character assassination attempts, did admittedly put me in his camp. But at this time knowing I have no control over the situation, I suppose it's pretty much time to gracefully bow out.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
No, you are not.

When I hear about it or see it on some "news" feed, I get the same irritated feeling as when I hear my wife and daughter talking about soap opera plots as if they were matters of substance and actual import.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

No you are not.
This is just the scandal after the last scandal before the next scandal to make us forget the last scandal.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I’ve been on this train for a long while.

From an ATS standpoint, it’s taking up quality time from good writers and researchers. Everyone is so overly involved in the BS, it’s made most the content of this site obnoxious.
edit on 28-9-2019 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I care as much as the next episode of Smackdown, does it even exist anymore?

Dont know, dont care.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

I’ve been on this train for a long while.

From an ATS standpoint, it’s taking up quality time from good writers and researchers. Everyone is so overly involved in the BS, it’s made most the content of this site obnoxious.

Here, here!

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

I care as much as the next episode of Smackdown, does it even exist anymore?

Dont know, dont care.

Oh, my! We really are living IDIOCRACY!

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

No, you are not alone. I actually think this is a good thing. If more people held similar views, we could start changing this corrupt system.

Yeah, I see your point. The celebrated politicians wouldn’t be so powerful if nobody played their games anymore and they were no longer viewed as historical icons.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppositeoftruth

By no means.

I told my wife, the whole thing pisses me off to no end. It's all dirty and back handed. It makes me so mad to the point of just saying f it, what happens happens. Honestly besides ats, I've not looked or watched any other coverage of it. I hope that most normal people out there can see the inadequacies in the dems argument, and see through their bs but at the same time, I'm not holding my breath. I actually didn't vote for trump, but seeing the way the democrats circled the wagons from day one, and their constant assaults and character assassination attempts, did admittedly put me in his camp. But at this time knowing I have no control over the situation, I suppose it's pretty much time to gracefully bow out.

You should go scroll through Reddit. Holy cow are they on fire. Of course, Reddit is super heavy liberal and any conservative viewpoint is met with toxic hatred so they are all onboard every ideation of the “Impeach Train”

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
No, you are not.

When I hear about it or see it on some "news" feed, I get the same irritated feeling as when I hear my wife and daughter talking about soap opera plots as if they were matters of substance and actual import.

Well these are the days of our lives.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It's bread and circus to keep the people at bay. Make the population fight each other so that those pulling the strings continue unabated. It's all theater and people are eating it up, the end is already written, Washington and the media are just going through their motions and dividing us along the way.

People are so blind to history it's sad. It's being repeated, the sides are being played against each other, AGAIN, and people can't see the forest for the trees.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I wouldn't say I don't care; I certainly care and it actually makes me angry that our elected officials are wasting so much time on nonsense that only benefits their personal political job prospects while the country's infrastructure crumbles around us among other important issues being neglected.

But like you I really don't care how the nonsense ends I just wish it WOULD end; unfortunately it doesn't look like will any time soon; even if Trump leaves office in the next year ... the nonsense will just continue with the next Democrat president. The Republicans will make what the Democrats have been doing the last 3 years look tame/sane.
edit on 28-9-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I don't get you, you say you don't vote and you hate politics but here you are in every political thread.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

Because this place is entertainment for me, it's like a train wreck, you can't take your eyes off of it.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Hell yes brother. And in dropping the pretense that anything in politics is real, we start seeing these simple political humans as ugly...very very ugly. Then we look at what makes them so F*#&ing ugly and compare that to ourselves. Then we realize what is truly important in life. We do not need to force change on this corrupt system because it will change as we change.

When we no longer glorify and covet money/power/control/greed at all cost, we change the world.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Apparently you care enough about it to post how much you don’t care.

Why is that?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Apparently you care enough about it to post how much you don’t care.

Why is that?

Does it bother you that I posed the question if other people felt the same way about a current event? I wasn’t trying to be offensive if it did. My bad.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppositeoftruth
Honestly besides ats, I've not looked or watched any other coverage of it.

I hope you realize how much of an echo-chamber for Trump that ATS is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join