It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is this pay to play? trump and the nra

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
so after the impeachment inquiry was set up, trump asked wayne la pierre, nra president, if the nra could help with trumps defense fund. the nra is lobbying against tighter gun regulations. www.msn.com... www.axios.com...

isnt this corruption, bribery, or at the very least an ethics violation? i was always taught that ethics is "if a reasonable person can see it as wrong, its unethical". asking a lobbying group for money doesnt seem right to me.

perhaps i got the story wrong, but it seems like what happened is wayne wants trump to stop gun legislation, and trump wants money for his defense against impeachment.

i know this kinda stuff always happens, but to be so blatant about it is a little too much. its literally open bribery and corruption at this point.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: stormson
Trump seems unhinged, and knows that he will be out of office by Christmas, and is pulling out all the stops on his illegal activity. Once he is out of office, all the crimes he has committed (obstruction, personal gain through office, and past illegal activity) will come back to haunt him. He may do actual time in prison, if Pence does not pardon him. Even if Pence does pardon, he could still do time for state crimes.

Who knows?

ETA: he might do a "wag the dog" and start a war though. Who is up for some "limited nuclear war?"

edit on 28-9-2019 by HanyManny because: (no reason given)

link   

I think it's just regular lobbying. While as unethical as most kinds of lobbying, I doubt it's anything illegal. That's how Washington works. Special interest groups pay off politicians for the results they want.

Trump is no different.

link   

Dunno....but Trumps views on gun control makes him a run of the mill tyrant to me.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormson
so after the impeachment inquiry was set up, trump asked wayne la pierre, nra president, if the nra could help with trumps defense fund. the nra is lobbying against tighter gun regulations. www.msn.com... www.axios.com...

isnt this corruption, bribery, or at the very least an ethics violation? i was always taught that ethics is "if a reasonable person can see it as wrong, its unethical". asking a lobbying group for money doesnt seem right to me.

perhaps i got the story wrong, but it seems like what happened is wayne wants trump to stop gun legislation, and trump wants money for his defense against impeachment.

i know this kinda stuff always happens, but to be so blatant about it is a little too much. its literally open bribery and corruption at this point.

By that standard, pretty much every politician and both political parties are guilty.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: HanyManny

sure sure, anything you say "Uncletomahawk"

you have been pegged son.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormson

Yes. Very common. But unlike 99% of past Presidents, Donald Trump is transparent. He ran on it.

If Americas want to go back to being in the dark, they'll elect someone else in 2020.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Donald Trump is transparent.

No argument with you there. Donald Trump is one of the most transparent people to ever walk the face of the earth.

Though I doubt we mean the same thing by that...

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

You may be correct about the Uncletomahawk thing. Eerily similar writing styles and almost exact match for delusional grandeur

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: carewemust

Donald Trump is transparent.

No argument with you there. Donald Trump is one of the most transparent people to ever walk the face of the earth.

Though I doubt we mean the same thing by that...

Do you mean that his crimes are in plain sight?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

So you like corrupt officials, just not when they're public about the lobbyist influence. Interesting...

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Pretty much. Who he really is, is on display for everyone to see, all the time. It's right there in everybodys face.

But a lot of people would rather believe who he obviously is isn't him. For whatever reason.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Seems if the left is so sure it would have been a better play to just beat him in the election and take the potential for protection away from Pence. Something about your logic doesn't add up.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
When Trump is impeached for his crimes in December and Pence takes over, will he the run for president, or will the Republicans put up another candidate? I don't think most Americans are comfortable with Pence.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: HanyManny
Trump seems unhinged, and knows that he will be out of office by Christmas, and is pulling out all the stops on his illegal activity. Once he is out of office, all the crimes he has committed (obstruction, personal gain through office, and past illegal activity) will come back to haunt him. He may do actual time in prison, if Pence does not pardon him. Even if Pence does pardon, he could still do time for state crimes.

Who knows?

ETA: he might do a "wag the dog" and start a war though. Who is up for some "limited nuclear war?"

You people fascinate me. Were you always crazy or did trump drive you mad?

There is no crimes trump is accused of. There is zero chance impeachment goes through the senate. He does not need any legal defense.

The fact you think he does means you are living in an alternate reality.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

People familiar and sources say

Gee, sounds awfully familiar. Come back when you actually have something.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: HanyManny
When Trump is impeached for his crimes in December and Pence takes over, will he the run for president, or will the Republicans put up another candidate? I don't think most Americans are comfortable with Pence.

There is a far bigger chance a meteor hits earth and wipes the human race out then there is of trump being removed from office before the election.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The news has been covering how Trump will be impeached and removed very quickly - faster than Nixon, who did far less c rime than Trump. I imagine that Trump will be gone by December at this rate. Is this going to spin the heads on the Trump supporters? How will they cope? Will they have sever reactions, or just wander off and sulk?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

When Obama is finally exposed to be a reptilian from the plantet HD 40307g, will the Supreme Court have to ammend the constitution to allow entities from other worlds to run for president?

See anyone can ask questions based on no imperical evidence

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

President Trump is increasingly likely to be impeached by the full House late this year or very early in 2020, on the eve of the first voting in presidential primaries and the official start of his reelection campaign. Why it matters: This outcome, which seems more certain with each passing hour, means the presidential, Senate and House races will be consumed by impeachment.

It is pretty much happening now.

www.axios.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join