It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beans??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This thread is a gas.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Kind of funny beans story.

When I was a kid and when I was newly married, we often ate beans because they were a cheap source of protein and good nutrition. I mean, we liked them, but perhaps ate them more often that we would have otherwise for economic reasons.

We moved to Central Asia, to a country where beans are pretty much unheard of; actually were hard on the locals' digestive systems. We found imported beans and began to purchase and consume them. Then, we realized one day that we were paying much more per kilo for our beans than we'd have ever dreamed of paying for our meat!

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Ha...ha..

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: YouSir

sriracha and mayo a match made in heaven.

Ummm...it’s my new fave...it pairs so well with the fresh ginger...carrot and daikon radish pickle...also paper thin slices of jalapeño pepper and cucumber...and all that roasted pork...

I used apple cider vinegar with a couple tablespoons of sugar and sea salt for the pickle...

Slather the baguette with the sriracha and mayo add a heap of pork and top with the crunchy pickled veggies...a slight drizzle of sriracha over the top...

It’s pure heaven...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Try “epozote”.

It is a woody weed/spice that is used to keep the stomach from fermenting so much starch (I.e., gas).

It is sort of anise flavored if you add too much. It is easy to grow and needs little upkeep unlike some herbs.

Cool tip on the pressure cooker soaking method!

Grew up on pinto, became a born again black bean convert, but left that church and set my sights on the great northwestern white beans (w/ham).

And the grocery store sells a bag of 7-bean soup mix (dry beans) and I ignore the ham flavor packet but follow the basic recipe. That is good enough stuff for a few days. As are Madrid lentils (I see it at the Boxstore in packets you nuke), India flavors but deserve a mention!

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
I thought I was the only bean fan.

My favorite is sauteed mushrooms, onions, garbanzo's, and spinach or kale. It's great with either ginger and turmeric, or red pepper and cumin.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrable

That sounds really good!!

I might have to try that!! I've been trying to find recipes for garbanzo beans which I like. Garbanzo's have been a tough one for me. Too mealy.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join