It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found a place in my dream after I woke up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This is a really weird dream I just had. It starts off with me being in Tennessee and going to meet a friend for dinner. I'm driving around, and I have some time to kill before we meet up so I stop off at a park on the side of the road to do some hiking around.

It's fall, the leaves are changing, all kinds of different colors, and I'm hiking around on trails through the park. After a while I come to a big rock outcropping with a view of the ocean beyond it. It has a hole right in the middle of it shaped like a heart. I look at it for a while, then decide the time is getting late so I start walking back to my car.

This is it:

Link

This is exactly it. Exactly. After I woke up I just randomly decided to search for it, and I found it. It's in Hawaii. I've never been to Hawaii, never seen this rock, never heard of a rock with a heart shaped hole in it. But that's it. Right down to how the rock looks surrounding it. It's really weirding me out right now. Back to the dream..

So I get in my car and drive towards the restaurant. I'm driving through mountains and eventually I get there. It's a seafood restaurant that's right next to a BBQ place. I go in, grab a table and wait on my friend. She finally gets there, we order and start to eat.

Everyone around us starts talking to us, and everyone is really, really, nice. Like almost too nice. Almost sickeningly wholesome, if that makes any sense. Maybe I'm just not used to people being that nice. But on the other hand, it felt really good. Anyway, we eat and laugh for a while, then I have to leave and go to work. I pay my check, say bye to everyone, then I get up to walk out.

And I can't find my way out. I go out front to where there's a bar type dining area, I try to climb out a window but it's too small. I find another window, but that wont work either. I walk around the restaurant for a while, then I find a walkway that takes me upstairs to the street and I walk outside. As I'm walking across the parking lot to my car I get a text message from my friend. I look down and read it and it says, "Do you hate your life?"...

Then I wake up. Just out of curiosity I search for that rock with a heart in it and there it is, one of the first results. I've had a lot of weird dreams before, dreaming of the same place over and over, dreaming a situation and then seeing it days or weeks later, but never have I dreamed of a place I actually found after waking up.

Truly weird.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Ummm...isn’t it a wonderful feeling to realize that existence...that “our place within the compass of the whole”...is inexplicable...?

I like that most of existence is unquantified...that wonder and amazement still has a place in our daily grind...

See...in other threads we might clash...might bump heads against intransigence...but here...

What you’ve just described is where I live...that core construct that identifies...that place that takes extreme joy in observation and curiosity...

Thank you for sharing this...for providing me with an opportunity to reflect on like traits...and set aside difference...
If only for awhile...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Now you need to go there...

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: 00018GE

Maybe. My luck I'd get hit by a rogue wave and washed out to sea.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Hey underwerks!
Thanks for sharing this story!
Now I'm left wondering. I definitely believe that dreams hold part of the key to the great mystery that is life/consciousness.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
And watch out for one eyed willy.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

It was weird. Normally dreams fade after an hour or two of waking up, but this one I can still see. It was so vivid.

I didn't really believe I'd find what I saw in my dream, I just kind of jokingly searched for it. And there it was.

Very weird.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing.
You tapped into something wonderful with that dream.
I’m in Tennessee, Do you think we will have an Ocean anytime Soon?
I could use a beach trip lol:

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: FreeFalling

I hope there isn't an ocean here anytime soon. Lol.

It's just one of those things where different places in your dreams kind of blend together into one solid landscape.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Maybe. My luck I'd get hit by a rogue wave and washed out to sea.

Hence, the reason you got the question in your dream “Do you hate your life”.

Don’t worry bro, I’m not coming at ya. I’m not to pleased with mine either...

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I kind of took it like it was showing me parts of my life to come, and asking me if I hated it..

Though you may be right.

Lol.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I had a similar experience, was dreaming about this amazing beach, with magical shining blue water, the people had all these colors painted on them, very psychedelic, was cool when i saw pictures and vids from this place.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

That's cool. It's so weird dreaming of a place and then finding it..

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

You've got a couple of choices.
Go to Hawaii, find the Diner, or do nothing and just marvel at the weirdness of it all.

I've found plenty of places I've seen in dreams, altho not by googling, more the old fashioned way by recalling types of vegetation, time of year, geology and using maps. LOL! All were places of no particular interest or fame.

JMO but it strikes me that the Diner would be the closest to you. I would start there. A trip to Tennessee being less expensive than a flight to the Islands.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Good idea. I'm going to search and try to find something similar.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I kind of took it like it was showing me parts of my life to come, and asking me if I hated it..

Though you may be right.

Lol.

Well, if you got Hawaii in your future 🍻 to that!

I went there for two weeks in 04’. Spent a week in Maui and another week in Oahu. My ex and I wanted to move there. Man were we delusional. The cost of living is outrageous. Phage must be a millionaire...

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I don't know if Hawaii is in my future or not. I've never thought about it, but who knows what the future might bring.

I could see going there on vacation, but I don't know about living there. It was kind of weird how Hawaii and Tennessee were mixed together in the dream.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

You've already got some solid clues with finding the park & hiking trails. Trees turning which leaves any pine trees standing out, which can give you elevation since while some leaves are falling now, they haven't turned yet, but would higher up.

What did the trailhead parking lot look like?
Did you turn right or left to pull in?

What did the trail look like? Was the road a state road with yellow lines or just a plain rural road? As you hiked which was was east/west? A state Gazeteer Map is invaluable for this kind of thing as it gives detailed information and is inexpensive.

The devil is in the details as they say.
This has happened to me with no predictability or control, but it's a fun hobby to drive and find the actual places.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I recall this image was in rotation in windows 10 splash screens last month. Maybe still is.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
i had a dream of a bar. i live by the lincoln tunnel, outside of new york city. so then i was driving around, saw a cool bar on varick, and walked in.

it was the same bar. insane. better yet, it was on dominick street, which is my confirmation name.

now, i admit, i do drive past this bar, but i never went in. so my brain might have been memorizing it from the outside, and making calculated deductions about the interior.

but it had the same wood structure, same wood floors, same stairs, same bar. same color scheme, everything.

ive had dreams where animals have told me where to go, but i cannot divulge them, because those messages were for me, i cannot tell random people on the net lol.

but one place, is below the ocean. i have no clue how to find it, i guess now with google ocean maps, i could go looking for it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join