It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since whistle blowers are heroes now, what about Snowden and Assange?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

This CIA whistle-blower was placed in the White House for the sole purpose of digging up dirt on Trump.

Just make it up as you go along.

The Democrat motto.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

They just sound like good Americans who are trying to drain the swamp.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Do I seriously have to explain it to you ?
Fine.

Not so long ago, the Obama administration went after journalists and anyone else who they considered a whistleblower. They pulled their phone records, threatened to jail them and generally used the Espionage Act like a club. The Left applauded him for it.
Now that Trump is President, leakers and whistleblowers are great patriotic Americans.

Ya know, it's not the stupidity that gets me, I've come to expect it from the Left....it's the outright hypocrisy that galls me.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: BrennanHuff22

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: BrennanHuff22

Yeah well, the Iraq war documents were leaked during the Obama administration, which means it was the democrats that had to deal with the backlash.

Assange was a Russian asset, who they used to influence the 2016 election... its no wonder you guys are so fond of him.

So you are saying hes never dropped anything regarding Russia?

I'm not even saying Assange was deliberately helping the Russians, I think his heart was in the right place and his intention was legitimately about exposing corruption within the government.

But the Russians used wikileaks to their advantage by providing him with classified information which benefited their objective, which was to get Trump elected POTUS in 2016.

They used him up then totally just tossed him under the bus once he was no longer useful to their cause, just like Trump himself did... Trump praised wikileaks like 141 times during the 2016 election didn't he? But apparently now he has no opinion of wikileaks.

I agree with most of what you say in premise, but there is absolutely no proof that Russia was the source of the classifed information.

If that was proven true then, I would fully agree with you.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

You realize you are battling your own projection with your post don't you? You might want to talk to somebody about that.

To Op...Why is there always evidence of a possible set up in every instance that they "get" Trump. Seems if your going to look at Trump's actions surrounding these "misdeeds" as lending creedence to the evidence against him, you would also want to look at any of the actions that initiate it all.

I've always kind of been under the impression if you want to get to the truth of a matter you go to the beggining and work through it all.
edit on 9/28/2019 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/28/2019 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

And it's working like a charm. They know exactly what they're doing. Ever heard of "every action has an equal and opposite reaction"? They've gotten the reaction their propaganda was designed for, their extremism has only bred more extremism. 🤣
edit on 9/28/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Snowden and Manning ought to be shot as traitors. I can't put Assange in the same category as he is not a citizen who was under a security oath, but I have no sympathy for what happens to him. He already has a pretty miserable life.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: DAVID64

And it's working like a charm. They know exactly what they're doing. Ever heard of "every action has an equal and opposite reaction"? They've gotten the reaction their propaganda was designed for, their extremism has only bred more extremism. 🤣

Which extremist's are you referring?
Leftist?
Or the scary white nationalists?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: cognizant420

When the information already been gathered is done so via spurious illegal means the legality of the cause is kind of beside the point im afraid.

You fight fire with fire, after all, you deal with people attacking or threatening you by using similar methods to the ones that they are using.

It's nice to be nice.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

That is simply conjecture and absolutely zero evidence to back it up. The Iraq war document dump was the direct result of an Army intelligence soldier passing those documents to Wikileaks. His name is now Chelsa Manning, very much a Democrat supporter. Wikileaks has dumped many documents leaked from the Russian government.

Manning broke his oath and was sent to prison. Manning was released by the Obama administration, was Obama cooperating with the Russians by letting Manning out of prison ? I dont think so, but you must since you believe that Manning and Wikileaks worked with the Russians.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

S & F for bringing that one up dude .

The people in America and the UK are getting played like a fiddle with all this political nonsense on both sides of the pond and they cannot see it

It will not take much more stirring of the pot to have a civil war in either country and people seem to be up for it

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Both. Many of the extreme right are on these boards and many of the extreme left are on places like reddit.

Two extremes being played against each other. You know, history repeating itself, history that most on these boards choose to ignore in favor of confirmation bias.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

True whistleblowers are motivated by conscience, knowing the difference between what is right and what is wrong.

Yeah, Manning, Ellsbert, Snowden, Assange, Drake, Binney and so many more are heroes to me.

They have become enemies of the state so that justice might be done.

Conspiracy theories so often become conspiracy fact.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Snowden and Manning ought to be shot as traitors. I can't put Assange in the same category as he is not a citizen who was under a security oath, but I have no sympathy for what happens to him. He already has a pretty miserable life.

No, the ones that ought to be shot as traitors are the ones exposed as government criminals by what Wikileaks released.

Even with the alleged rape narrative, Assange broke no law.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
www.realclearpolitics.com... urce=mixi&utm_campaign=realclearpolitics&fbclid=IwAR0i3CJaPrslVP7z3qGeSWgcTLgL9AM3MrUcsC5xoUuwYDbO1oLnmpI6hoc Snowden did this interview on the 16th was surprised to not see it posted (but i have like 900 tabs open atm)

Edward Snowden revealed then-Vice President Joe Biden and then-Secretary of State John Kerry pressured countries that protect whistleblowers and asylum seekers to deny him entrance. In an interview with MSNBC's Brian Williams, Snowden said he applied for asylum to countries such as allies France and Germany but every time it got pulled.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Chadwickus

The same can be asked of Trump supporters.

Assange is/was a hero to them, this whistleblower is too, right?

Or does it only go one way?

'
I remember when you could focus on the topic at hand. before you overdosed on the hatoraid. SIgh, but I guess if you show me where I claimed Assange is a hero, then you will be morally correct. If not, then you just sound like a cry baby.

Firstly, I never said you specifically now, did I?

Secondly, I’ve just flipped what you’ve said, swapping left to right, so it’s exactly the topic at hand.

The point is, they broke the law/protocol and regardless of their message, the conduit they used is wrong. But if it's against Trump, it's "heroic", if it's against the narrative, it's "criminal". Perhaps one day you will regain your brain power and will be able to have a logical normal discussion. till then, BIOYA.

Seems like all the protocols are fine for the moment. My brain power is as good as it’s ever been, and this is the first time I’ve bothered commenting on this subject, so I dunno why you’re coming at me like I’ve been arguing about this since it came out.

All I’m doing is pointing out the hypocrisy of the hypocrisy that you’re pointing out.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Mate, we have hade 10 years of forced austerity, 3+ years of all this Brexit debacle, Politicians talking #e nonstop. nonsensical uncertainty on the horizon in spades and we are all over the place.

100,000+ dead poor people down to the likes of the DWP and Universal Credit, 320,000 homeless persons on our streets or in a similar predicament, and the people have not really had the inclination to mob or riot, we don't seem ready for civil war, or if we are, we seem to be keeping it darn quiet.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I remember republicans saying they should be executed for putting our troops in danger lol

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Theyy

yea, what republicans?

Like the democrats that want shira laws?

Or Biden can but President Trump can't

Oh sorry thats "different" carry on.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

Okay?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join