It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since whistle blowers are heroes now, what about Snowden and Assange?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Snowden, Assange, Manning. Are they not equally as patriotic?

How can Assange be patriotic? He is not from the US. As for Snowden, I think he is. I also think he wasn't ready to die which was very likely to happen if he stuck around. As for Manning, I don't know because there has been a lot of conflicting info and I honestly haven't cared enough to read every little scrap about his case. This new leak is sort of the same IMO. I don't care enough to jump into the ifs or ands about it.

Regardless about what you think of any of them the info itself they have exposed should be judged separately of the leakers legal status.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

The same can be asked of Trump supporters.

Assange is/was a hero to them, this whistleblower is too, right?

Or does it only go one way?

You are correct!

This case, what did the whistle blower show?

That Trump spoke to the Ukraine PM?

OMG!

*shrugs*

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
MSM Defends CIA's "Whistleblower", Ignores Actual Whistleblowers

While all this political/media class cheerleading for whistleblower protections is going on, the most prominent whistleblower in America remains imprisoned for taking a principled stand against secret grand juries while being driven into crippling debt. Chelsea Manning is still racking up fines of $1,000 per day while locked in a Virginia federal detention center for refusing to testify against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.

Whistle blowers are a pawn in this game. Trump liked wikileaks when it had dirt on Hillary, not so much when it had dirt on the rest of the establishment as well. It is a sad state of affairs when the truth comes with such a high cost.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I think the difference is motive.

Assange was an Australian journalist exposing US war crimes. That's his job. He doesn't belong in a American jail anymore than he would belong in a Russian gulag for exposing Russian war crimes.

This CIA whistle-blower was placed in the White House for the sole purpose of digging up dirt on Trump. Whether he found any is debatable. But the fact is his "mission" itself was illegal, and if he did uncover anything illegal the proper course of action would have been to turn his information over to the FBI for investigation. That's their job.

I think it says a lot that the CIA went to the MSM with this rather than the FBI.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: network dude
Recently, the whistle blower who used second hand info to craft an amazingly articulate letter exposing Trump for speaking .

A point of order,

The second-hand info as you call it, actually turned out to be absolutely correct as we...(or most of us) now know.

perhaps. Although the quid-pr-quo that was claimed doesn't seem to be there, and that was a big part of it. But as I said, if the Biden aspect of this pans out, it might put Trump's call in a completely different light. It just depends on the part where anyone gets to look into that, or they are shut down because reasons.

I'm on the fence if he is out of bounds here. To me, it all depends on Biden.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

'
I remember when you could focus on the topic at hand. before you overdosed on the hatoraid. SIgh, but I guess if you show me where I claimed Assange is a hero, then you will be morally correct. If not, then you just sound like a cry baby.

The point is, they broke the law/protocol and regardless of their message, the conduit they used is wrong. But if it's against Trump, it's "heroic", if it's against the narrative, it's "criminal". Perhaps one day you will regain your brain power and will be able to have a logical normal discussion. till then, BIOYA.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

'
I remember when you could focus on the topic at hand. before you overdosed on the hatoraid. SIgh, but I guess if you show me where I claimed Assange is a hero, then you will be morally correct. If not, then you just sound like a cry baby.

The point is, they broke the law/protocol and regardless of their message, the conduit they used is wrong. But if it's against Trump, it's "heroic", if it's against the narrative, it's "criminal". Perhaps one day you will regain your brain power and will be able to have a logical normal discussion. till then, BIOYA.

Start here if you want the truth on Snowden:

twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Assange was an Australian journalist exposing US war crimes. That's his job. He doesn't belong in a American jail anymore than he would belong in a Russian gulag for exposing Russian war crimes.

I bet if Assange's so called "exposing" had of helped Hilary win the election instead of help Trump win, then your guys opinion of whether he deserves to die in a US prison would be far different.

Yeah, double standards... Let's talk about it!

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

And?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

But I'm the one who is always saying that ATS is NOT how the real world thinks or works.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

I bet if Assange's so called "exposing" had of helped Hilary win the election instead of help Trump win, then your guys opinion of whether he deserves to die in a US prison would be far different.

I know such hypocrites!!

He has an extensive history of "exposing" only democrats.

I am so old i remember when he released all those documents during the Iraq War.

That was during the Clinton administration right?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

If Assange had uncovered and exposed any criminal action by Trump that helped Clinton win the election, I would still say he doesn't belong in a US jail. And I would still have the same respect for the man.

If one tenth of US "jounalists" had the same integrity and drive to expose corruption as Assange, we might have a realistic chance of "draining the swamp."

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
They have pretty much provided a life line to each Assange and Snowden. I doubt extradition will be sucessful in Assange's case, but he will be golden in arguing publisher status. Every news and newspaper had better stand up in support or they risk their own freedoms to publish "stolen leaks"

Snowden is in a better position than he was but still has some hurdles to pass. Most whistleblowers dont run off to live in our main adversaries country. Flight might not equate guilt, but in his case, he has some splaining to do. He has done a great deal of harm to his argument of whistleblower

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: BrennanHuff22

Yeah well, the Iraq war documents were leaked during the Obama administration, which means it was the democrats that had to deal with the backlash.

Assange was a Russian asset, who they used to influence the 2016 election... its no wonder you guys are so fond of him.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Yeah well, the Iraq war documents were leaked during the Obama administration, which means it was the democrats that had to deal with the backlash.

Assange was a Russian asset, who they used to influence the 2016 election... its no wonder you guys are so fond of him.

LOL OKAY

So you are saying hes never dropped anything regarding Russia?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

It only goes one way, obviously. That's what happens when you're Stockholm Syndromed by the media into having undying support for a pompous blowhard. 🤣

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

This CIA whistle-blower was placed in the White House for the sole purpose of digging up dirt on Trump.

Just make it up as you go along.
Or you can prove this right?

But funny how dirt was so easy to find. Lets not get away from the subject at hand. The dirt was there to be found.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I'm not sure what world you're living in but meanwhile back in reality, the vast majority of MSM is solidly Anti Trump.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrennanHuff22

So you are saying hes never dropped anything regarding Russia?

I'm not even saying Assange was deliberately helping the Russians, I think his heart was in the right place and his intention was legitimately about exposing corruption within the government.

But the Russians used wikileaks to their advantage by providing him with classified information which benefited their objective, which was to get Trump elected POTUS in 2016.

They used him up then totally just tossed him under the bus once he was no longer useful to their cause, just like Trump himself did... Trump praised wikileaks like 141 times during the 2016 election didn't he? But apparently now he has no opinion of wikileaks.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The CIA insider had to do this because Trump had asked the Ukraine PM to look into "CrowdStrike".

Trump was attempting to uncover the basis for the coup attempt and the deep state players got nervous.

That's why Pelosi did what she did.

There was nothing illegal about the call. On the contrary, Trump was attempting to dig up the illegalities brought about by the left, so they rush the impeachment, with their useful idiots and media adding to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join