It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traitors will attempt to bring down UK government next week

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: justwokeup

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: eletheia

No, it's finding of the highest court in the land.

They weren't there either...... courts are supposed to deal in FACTS and not

suppositions or probabilities.

It was a corrupt judgement by a political court.

The supreme court should be removed as should the fixed term parliament act.

One of them enables the rich and powerful to conduct Lawfare on the people and the other creates zombie parliament's.

Malign constitutional meddling by Blair and Cameron we can undo.

Yes it would be much more democratic and further people to have a Eton & Oxford educated millionaire, who is proven liar, selected by a tiny % of the UK population get to make decisions unilaterally.

We should all be ruled by unaccountable and unelected Remainer people. Just like in the EU. Said the Remainer, to no one's great surprise.

Pretty sure I voted in EU ejections. Did you miss them?
edit on 29-9-2019 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

No, it's finding of the highest court in the land.

They weren't there either...... courts are supposed to deal in FACTS and not

suppositions or probabilities.

It was a corrupt judgement by a political court.

The supreme court should be removed as should the fixed term parliament act.

One of them enables the rich and powerful to conduct Lawfare on the people and the other creates zombie parliament's.

Malign constitutional meddling by Blair and Cameron we can undo.

Yes it would be much more democratic and further people to have a Eton & Oxford educated millionaire, who is proven liar, selected by a tiny % of the UK population get to make decisions unilaterally.

We should all be ruled by unaccountable and unelected Remainer people. Just like in the EU. Said the Remainer, to no one's great surprise.

Pretty due I voted in EU ejections. Did you miss them?

There are few things more pointless than the EU elections. It's a rubber stamp body. A sad farce.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Yes it would be much more democratic and further people to have a Eton & Oxford educated millionaire, who is proven liar,

Because Nicola Sturgeon is a paragon of truth ?

It emerged that the two SNP figures held a series of private meetings while the case was ongoing. A former Salmond aide, Geoff Aberdein, claimed this week that Ms Sturgeon’s chief of staff, Liz Lloyd, had been aware of the misconduct probe in late March – before Ms Sturgeon claims to have been aware of it.
www.scotsman.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I’m just finding the quality of the HoC debates to be so poor compared to years gone by. The one star this week for me was the Attorney General, some might not like what he said but he’s a clever guy, he commanded the House and he was genuinely entertaining to watch.

But some of the backbench contributions have been so cringeworthy and I’m sad to say some of the backbench opposition female contributions have just been a load of shopwifery and gob#ery. And all the contrived outrage about words like surrender, all the shroud waving about Jo Cox and using her death to bash the case for Brexit is just a trawling the gutter.

One thing that comes from this is that the Fixed Term Parliament Act needs to be repealed, pronto. It just doesn’t suit our politics at all

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Yes it would be much more democratic and further people to have a Eton & Oxford educated millionaire, who is proven liar,

Because Nicola Sturgeon is a paragon of truth ?

It emerged that the two SNP figures held a series of private meetings while the case was ongoing. A former Salmond aide, Geoff Aberdein, claimed this week that Ms Sturgeon’s chief of staff, Liz Lloyd, had been aware of the misconduct probe in late March – before Ms Sturgeon claims to have been aware of it.
www.scotsman.com...

Obvious whataboutery is obvious.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Obvious double standards are obvious.
You accuse the British PM of lying yet ignore the probable lies of your own First Minister.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Obvious double standards are obvious.
You accuse the British PM of lying yet ignore the probable lies of your own First Minister.

1. Topic is UK parliament so first minister of scottish parliament isn't really relevant.

2. Slight difference between unsubstantiated allegations and verdict of supreme court.

3. I'm not a member of or a supporter of SNP.

Attempted to normalize and excuse Johnson's behaviour are pretty lame.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheShippingForecast
I’m just finding the quality of the HoC debates to be so poor compared to years gone by. The one star this week for me was the Attorney General, some might not like what he said but he’s a clever guy, he commanded the House and he was genuinely entertaining to watch.

But some of the backbench contributions have been so cringeworthy and I’m sad to say some of the backbench opposition female contributions have just been a load of shopwifery and gob#ery. And all the contrived outrage about words like surrender, all the shroud waving about Jo Cox and using her death to bash the case for Brexit is just a trawling the gutter.

One thing that comes from this is that the Fixed Term Parliament Act needs to be repealed, pronto. It just doesn’t suit our politics at all

The Jo Cox refernces where in response to inflammatory language used by Johnson. Not bashing the case for brexit.

What's trawling the gutter was his disgraceful suggestion that the best way to honour her was delivering brexit.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Extraordinary situations require extraordinary solutions.
Johnson is trying to break us free from the stalemate Parliament has held us in for 3 years , the country is suffering but MPs choose to take us down a path of continued stalemate with no end date in sight.

Parliament is broken , not because of the actions of Johnson but because of the actions of those who can't or won't accept the will of the people .... this can't continue.

Sturgeon on the other hand is just acting to save her political skin.
edit on 29-9-2019 by gortex because: spelling

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Extraordinary situations require extraordinary solutions.
Johnson is trying to break us free from the stalemate Parliament has held us in for 3 years , the country is suffering but MPs choose to take us don a path of continued stalemate with no end date in sight.

Parliament is broken , not because of the actions of Johnson but because of the actions of those who can't or won't accept the will of the people .... this can't continue.

Sturgeon on the other hand is just acting to save her political skin.

As I said lame.

Johnson was found to have acted unlawfully to prevent parliament doing its job.

Trying to pretend what he did was somehow justified is ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Not as ridiculous as ignoring the obvious , remainers only care about getting their own way even though they lost the referendum , they're not interested what is good for the country , ending the political paralysis.

Parallels can be drawn between the remainers and those who still push for Scottish independence even though they lost that referendum too.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Not as ridiculous as ignoring the obvious , remainers only care about getting their own way even though they lost the referendum , they're not interested what is good for the country , ending the political paralysis.

Parallels can be drawn between the remainers and those who still push for Scottish independence even though they lost that referendum too.

And you only care about delivering your own particular version of Brexit that you ignore or even support the illegal and undemocratic actions of the Prime minister.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Ignoring the voice of the people is undemocratic , how would you feel if Indy Ref had delivered a verdict to leave the Union but were prevented doing so by the British Parliament ... not happy is my guess.
edit on 29-9-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheShippingForecast

I so agree with you, an old fashioned term "like fishwives" the quality of people

in those positions ( representing the people in the parliament of the country) with

no manners, apparent education, or decorum.

Perhaps its time to have to pass an entrance examination.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Ignoring the voice of the people is undemocratic , how would you feel if Indy Ref had delivered a verdict to leave but you were prevented by doing so by the British Parliament ... not happy is my guess.

That would be when parliament voted against the article 50 legislation? Oh wait a minute they didn't

Brexit doesn't just mean the particular version of Brexit you want.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Johnson did nothing that hasn't been done before. The only difference was that there was a court of politicised Remainer judges to overreach into the political sphere at the request of well funded Remainers.

His language in the house was appropriate and correct. Watching screeching Remain harpies drag up Jo Cox's corpse to flog it some more was truly disgusting. He was far far more polite than I would be to any of them.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Johnson did nothing that hasn't been done before. The only difference was that there was a court of politicised Remainer judges to overreach into the political sphere at the request of well funded Remainers.

Lol!!! 'Alexa' could have given a fairer verdict.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

in theory, the prime minister probablycould change his mind about the date of the early election after persuading Parliament to call one.

I think it likely he would have gone to the people to try to gain a mandate to end this nightmare and give himself negotiating power with the EU.

Yeah after October 31st....

This is the same man who unlawfully prorogued parliament,

"unlawfully"? What law was that, pray? It was no law, just a political convention that the High Court, the Master of the Rolls, etc said was NOT the province of the Supreme Court to judge on.

is actively trying to find ways to break the law in regards to the Benn Bill,

says who? If you don't know the difference between finding loopholes in the law (which lawyers do ALL THE TIME) and breaking the law, then you are hardly worth debating with.

has just been referred to the police to be investigated for misconduct in public office,

Another dirty trick tactic by Remoaners desperate to stop Brexit. Which you take seriously (LOL!) because you are another Remoaner.

]has a unknown number of illegitimate children,

[only in the venerable tradition of quite a few Prime Ministers in the past! Stop throwing mud. It does not amount to an argument. There are MANY politicians with such picadillos. Including some on the front bench of the Labour party.

appointed Dominic Cummings as a Advisor

A tough operator is needed to get the job done. Of course, Remoaners like you are upset with his appointment. Good.

and lied to us saying we would have a extra £350 Million for NHS every week once we leave the EU.....

Ha! Ha! That old chesnut again? That the best argument you have got? 75% of Westminister would be branded liars if their exaggerations during elections were taken so seriously.

You really think the opposition are going to trust him not to have turned round and changed the date so we would sleep walk into a no-deal Brexit?

Most of us Leavers could not care a toss whether the opposition trusts Boris Johnson or not. As long as it's legal, I hope that the government does, indeed, find a way to evade the atrocious, "surrender bill" of Hilary Benn, whose father would have disowned him for his slavish support for the EU. If not, bring the election on.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

in theory, the prime minister probablycould change his mind about the date of the early election after persuading Parliament to call one.

I think it likely he would have gone to the people to try to gain a mandate to end this nightmare and give himself negotiating power with the EU.

Yeah after October 31st....

This is the same man who unlawfully prorogued parliament,

"unlawfully"? What law was that, pray? It was no law, just a political convention that the High Court, the Master of the Rolls, etc said was NOT the province of the Supreme Court to judge on.

is actively trying to find ways to break the law in regards to the Benn Bill,

says who? If you don't know the difference between finding loopholes in the law (which lawyers do ALL THE TIME) and breaking the law, then you are hardly worth debating with.

has just been referred to the police to be investigated for misconduct in public office,

Another dirty trick tactic by Remoaners desperate to stop Brexit. Which you take seriously (LOL!) because you are another Remoaner.

]has a unknown number of illegitimate children,

[only in the venerable tradition of quite a few Prime Ministers in the past! Stop throwing mud. It does not amount to an argument. There are MANY politicians with such picadillos. Including some on the front bench of the Labour party.

appointed Dominic Cummings as a Advisor

A tough operator is needed to get the job done. Of course, Remoaners like you are upset with his appointment. Good.

and lied to us saying we would have a extra £350 Million for NHS every week once we leave the EU.....

Ha! Ha! That old chesnut again? That the best argument you have got? 75% of Westminister would be branded liars if their exaggerations during elections were taken so seriously.

You really think the opposition are going to trust him not to have turned round and changed the date so we would sleep walk into a no-deal Brexit?

Most of us Leavers could not care a toss whether the opposition trusts Boris Johnson or not. As long as it's legal, I hope that the government does, indeed, find a way to evade the atrocious, "surrender bill" of Hilary Benn, whose father would have disowned him for his slavish support for the EU. If not, bring the election on.

You could actually read the judgement or you could keep on with this uninformed drivel.

Let me guess what option you will chose.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   

It's all just hot air though, isn't it?
There'd be no moral outrage among the msm etc if the default was A50 gets revoked without a vote.

This is purely about stopping Brexit by whatever means.
No one haranguing BoJo really cares about doing the right thing, only about stopping Brexit.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join