It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traitors will attempt to bring down UK government next week

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

www.independent.co.uk...

You and i have had this discussion previously. It seems like it hasn't registered with you.

I am not a supporter in bailing out banks or business's If they are not seeing

they have a problem and dealing with it they are inefficient (it takes time

and there are signs these things dont happen over night) and this should

never have been allowed to happen

Disgraced former RBS boss Fred 'the shred' Goodwin is enjoying a £17million pension – after ordinary savers' retirement pots were wrecked in ...

The looser takes the prize?

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Like how is that even legal ,how can you claim a pensions from a company that was just bailed out
thats disgusting and basically theft of tax payers money

No consequences were felt by that Fred Goodwin

he got of with daylight robbery

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

Like how is that even legal ,how can you claim a pensions from a company that was just bailed out

Too right Its like double indemnity.

Bailing out ? ......just another way for syphoning of cash

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Maybe ....just maybe that has something to do with the last ten years of austerity?

No it was to do with the £850 Billion that the Labour Government had to bail out The Banks. Maybe they should have just let The Banks fail, and we could all then suffer the consequences.

Government support for Britain's banks has reached a staggering £850bn and the eventual cost to taxpayers will not be known for years, the public spending watchdog says today

www.independent.co.uk...

You and i have had this discussion previously. It seems like it hasn't registered with you.

The UK government did not spend £850 billion in bailing out the banks. The total net cost came to about £23 billion. Not pocket change, but not bad value for stopping the financial system imploding.

The £850 billion figure was the total potential liability in 2009 (when the article you linked was published)' It peaked higher but the point was that because of the bailout and guarantees the system did not collapse and the liability was irrelevant to current debt.

The debt went up because of a collapse in tax revenues post the crash.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
H

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Flavian

....Corbyn and Abbott sat in Labour HQ,....

carpy's mind will be conjuring up all sorts of shenanigans now!

Oh for # sake man no again

I fear for his family , his own sanity

I bet he has already made a Abbot Corbyn Deep fake which he shares on the abbot corbyn fantasy sub reddit

You sadistic bastards!
Have you no shame?

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Lets not forget that fat git "Sir" Phillip Green too.
edit on 22-11-2019 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Flavian

....Corbyn and Abbott sat in Labour HQ,....

carpy's mind will be conjuring up all sorts of shenanigans now!

Oh for # sake man no again

I fear for his family , his own sanity

I bet he has already made a Abbot Corbyn Deep fake which he shares on the abbot corbyn fantasy sub reddit

Fortunately i have no clue what any of last sentence means.

I will, however, be sending you my latest counselling/therapist's bill.

Enjoy your gig!

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

£23 billion ? Not sure where you got that from.

As of 2017 this was the situation.

The NAO said that the level of taxpayer support for the banking sector had fallen over the course of the 2016/17 financial year from £85billion to £58billion, due to a £11.8billion sale of a block of nationalised Bradford & Bingley mortgages to Prudential and BlackRock, as well as the sale of most of the Government’s Lloyds Banking Group shares.

At March 31, 2017, Royal Bank of Scotland still owed the taxpayer £20billion, down from a peak of £256billion, while B&B still had £30billion of taxpayer support funds outstanding. At the peak of the crisis, it had received £46billion of Government fund

www.express.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

The NAO said that the level of taxpayer support for the banking sector had fallen over the course of the 2016/17 financial year from £85billion to £58billion, due to a £11.8billion sale of a block of nationalised Bradford & Bingley mortgages to Prudential and BlackRock, as well as the sale of most of the Government’s Lloyds Banking Group shares.

At March 31, 2017, Royal Bank of Scotland still owed the taxpayer £20billion, down from a peak of £256billion, while B&B still had £30billion of taxpayer support funds outstanding. At the peak of the crisis, it had received £46billion of Government fund

www.express.co.uk...

Article from 2 and a half years ago and I believe is including liabilities not actual cost.

Government own figures put it at £23 billion loss.

Both quite a bit different from £850 billion.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

www.express.co.uk...

Article from 2 and a half years ago and I believe is including liabilities not actual cost.

You're talking at cross purposes.

Your talking loss. I am talking monies that where paid out during the Financial Crash. Yes most has been paid back, but the initial outlay was at least £850 billion to the tax payer.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

www.express.co.uk...

You're talking at cross purposes.

Your talking loss. I am talking monies that where paid out during the Financial Crash. Yes most has been paid back, but the initial outlay was at least £850 billion to the tax payer.

Your post was in relation to the current UK debt so it would be loss that matters

And the cost to tax payers was never £850 billion as that majority of that figure was guarantees, not actual loans.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

And the cost to tax payers was never £850 billion as that majority of that figure was guarantees, not actual loans

Just one Bank ( RBS ) was given £256 Billion of tax payers money alone. As my previous link shows. Add all the other Banks and the £850 billion may be a conservative figure.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

And the cost to tax payers was never £850 billion as that majority of that figure was guarantees, not actual loans

Just one Bank ( RBS ) was given £256 Billion of tax payers money alone. As my previous link shows. Add all the other Banks and the £850 billion may be a conservative figure.

Can you provide a link showing RBS were loaned £256 billion.

Apologies seen the article. I think the article is confusing liabilities with actual money owed.
edit on 22-11-2019 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

My error. The cost to the taxpayer was £45.5 billion to rescue RBS.

RBS has paid its first dividend since it was rescued from collapse by a £45.5bn taxpayer-funded bailout 10 years ago

www.theguardian.com...

the British government spent £45.5 billion ($60.9 billion) in taxpayer funds to bail it out.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

Labours manifesto does have some good points but even the independent economists are saying it is pie in the sky and simply not credible.......not that we need economists to point that out as it is blatantly obvious to anyone with even a modicum of common sense that they simply can't pay for what they are promising. They may as well have promised a flying horse for each household.

Pie in the sky?......or as this article suggests 'smoke and mirrors!

Corbynomics really does make business go up in smoke! Labour leader son’s ‘National Hemp Service’ selling cannabis products goes bust owing £100,000

Has Jeremy Corbyn’s son provided a glimpse of the economic future under Labour?
The Daily Mail can disclose that the company Tommy set up with the support of his father has gone into liquidation with debts of £100,000.

Called NHS, the business was to have sold a range of products made from hemp, a strain of cannabis, from a cafe in Mr Corbyn’s Islington North constituency in London.
Its collapse has infuriated its solitary investor Jeff Ditchfield, who has seen £30,000 from his pension fund go up in smoke. ‘My personal view is that it’s been put into liquidation because of mismanagement by the directors,’ said Mr Ditchfield.

He first met Tommy Corbyn and his girlfriend Chloe Kerslake-Smith in February. ‘They contacted me,’ said Mr Ditchfield, 59, a veteran campaigner for the legalisation of cannabis and author of The Medical Cannabis Guidebook and Cannabis Cultivator. ‘They were looking for an investor and experience.’ Tommy Corbyn and Miss Kerslake-Smith stand to lose £70,000 between them, with each having invested just over £35,000, official paperwork reveals.
He said his relationship with Corbyn junior began to deteriorate in the summer. ‘In July I started asking some questions, which I thought were perfectly reasonable. For example, “Why the delay in opening the shop? What’s my investment been spent on so far?” And, within a week of me raising these – which I still think are very reasonable questions – they basically terminated our relationship.’

Only last month the Labour leader told the Mail he was giving Tommy the benefit of his business expertise. ‘I go there quite often to observe the building work and give my opinion. It’s doing really well,I’ve advised him to not take anything out of the business for as long as he can handle not to. Small business is very important

.Liquidators were appointed on November 11. Mr Ditchfield said: ‘Currently, I’m £30,000 out of pocket. And I had to use some of my pension fund to make that investment.’
Yesterday the cafe’s shutters were half-down. Miss Kerslake-Smith answered the door and said NHS had ‘never actually launched yet’
Asked about the liquidation, she said: ‘I’m not talking about it today. If you’re really interested, come back in a few weeks – we’ve got interesting stuff happening.’

Mr Ditchfield said: ‘Effectively that comment from Chloe is, “Come back after the election. We can’t **** up my BOYFRIENDS FATHERS CHANCE OF BECOMING PRIME MINISTER” Tommy Corbyn declined to comment.

But his father surely has an infallible solution for any failing enterprise – NATIONALISATION!

heraldpublicist.com...

^^^^That^^^^ says it all?
A vision of the UK under a Corbyn Administration.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

How are the Tories going to manage to recruit 50,000 more Nurses when we already have 40,000 vacancies unfilled and they intend to reduce levels of immigration?

Considering, even if the bursaries are brought back in full and enough people sign up for the position.

It still takes 4 years, minimum, to train a nurse.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shakeHow are the Tories going to manage to recruit 50,000 more Nurses when we already have 40,000 vacancies unfilled and they intend to reduce levels of immigration?

- They will raise the numbers funded through universities by providing inducements. This will improve future supply into the workplace.
- They will seek to improve returner rates into work. Half of the 600K+ qualified nurses in the nursing register don’t work in the NHS.
- Immigration will be targeted without the encumbrance of "free movement", so should be more effective.
- New types of nurses, such as nursing associates, will increase.

It's not an unachievable goal.

It still takes 4 years, minimum, to train a nurse.

It actually takes three years. The length of a nusing degree.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Think the fourth year is a lot of on the job training.

Takes four years to become a qualified nurse which is what's required and then some.

Still a hell of a lot of slack to pick up and considering the mess they have already made of our beloved NHS.

I'm inclined to believe a pig's ear is in the post there.

I wonder what people who actually work in the NHS system think of there plans?

I inclined to believe it won't be anything good.

Especially the ones that are already using the foodbanks to survive.
edit on 24-11-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Takes four years to become a qualified nurse which is what's required and then some.

You qualify as a nurse when you get your nursing degree. A three-year degree. On the job training happens at all levels. A nursing degree includes on-the-job placements.

Here you go

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Approved full-time nursing degree courses last for three or four years if taking a dual-field degree, or longer if taken on a part-time basis.

And that does not equate to 40,000 new positions no matter how you care to spell it.

new topics

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join