It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traitors will attempt to bring down UK government next week

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: illuminnaughty
The great maggy lol Ha Ha Ha ....
She had jimmy fooking savile arround for xmas dinner 10 years running at our expense. The greatest child rapist in British history, was her guest for xmas dinner????? Wonder what they chatted about sat round the xmas dinner table.
I hope she is rotting in Hell with her best friend jimmy savile.

Are you intimating she knew he was a pedophile.......

Jimmy Saville cultivated many famous people including royalty and hid behind

charitable institutions.

In her position I dare say she entertained many well known people of the time.

I even met him on two occasions and apart from him being sweaty and smelling

strongly of cigars there was nothing to indicate that the slime ball was a pedophile

it wasn't tatooed on his forehead.

Did YOU know he was a pedophile before his death, and when he was on 'Jim will

Fix it' ....... I doubt it.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: eletheia

Just how much more does your average union leader get paid than their members, i wonder?

I would take a guess, more than the PM .......Not to mention their expenses,

and elaborate free accommodation, I believe Arthur Scargill was after one on

his retirement.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Thatcher was warned about Saville but chose to ignore it.

Margaret Thatcher repeatedly pressed for Jimmy Savile to be knighted despite warnings from senior advisers that his lifestyle meant he was unsuitable, previously secret Cabinet Office papers have revealed.

The then Prime Minister was told that Savile’s public boasts of his sexual promiscuity and other “unfortunate revelations about his private life” meant he was not suitable to be knighted

www.thetimes.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Was she warned specifically that he was a paedo?

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Was she warned specifically that he was a paedo?

That we will never know.

However it may come under the heading “unfortunate revelations about his private life”

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Thatcher was warned about Saville but chose to ignore it.

Margaret Thatcher repeatedly pressed for Jimmy Savile to be knighted despite warnings from senior advisers that his lifestyle meant he was unsuitable, previously secret Cabinet Office papers have revealed.

The then Prime Minister was told that Savile’s public boasts of his sexual promiscuity and other “unfortunate revelations about his private life” meant he was not suitable to be knighted

My mother was about the same age as Margaret Thatcher, and didn't think

that pedophiles existed, ask anyone of that era (I dont think there will be

many still alive) but before the Saville case came out it wasn't a 'thing' the

Saville case opened the flood gates to what had been *some one's dirty little

secret* and hidden for so long.

He was a pedophile who made sure he was hidden in plain sight. In cases

that could be defamation she would need evidence? and some civil

servant making assertions doesn't cut it.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Well neither you or I know then.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Lets not even go near the subject of Edward Heath, mind.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Thatcher lobbied for Saville's Knighthood for 7 years ( 1983- 1990 ) before he received it.

She was warned repeatedly over that 7 year period about Saville was not a suitable person for the honour. And warned not by one civil servant but many.

Sir Robert vetoed the idea, saying it was too soon after "unfortunate revelations" in which the entertainer had boasted to the media of having sex with women he met while running charity marathons.

The prime minister raised the matter again just months later but Sir Robert said "lurid details" were unlikely to be have been forgotten and it "would be best if Mr Savile were to wait a little longer".

"We remain worried," he added. "Fears have been expressed that Mr Savile might not be able to refrain from exploiting a knighthood in a way which brought the honours system into disrepute

www.bbc.com...

Lurid details ?

edit on 16-11-2019 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Well, the people that own the island spring to mind.

That's a fact.

Then there is the House of Lords.

Another fact.

And a very pertinent one at that.

edit on 16-11-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Nothing about being a paedo though.
Having sex with women?
Shocking!
You a monk?
Anyways.
Looking forward to the Prince Andrew interview later though.
From the bits shown earlier he seems to be like "how can i possibly be expected to remember every 17 year old gel i've shagged"?
Also looking forward to the FBI investigation.
Is that not statutory rape over there?
Allegedly.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shakeWell, the people that own the island spring to mind.

Er, which island? What has island ownership got to do with UK democracy?

Then there is the House of Lords.

Yes, the HOL needs to be abolished, but within the context of democracy how does the HOL make the UK undemocratic.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Thatcher lobbied for Saville's Knighthood for 7 years ( 1983- 1990 ) before he received it.

She was warned repeatedly over that 7 year period about Saville was not a suitable person for the honour. And warned not by one civil servant but many.
Sir Robert vetoed the idea, saying it was too soon after "unfortunate revelations" in which the entertainer had boasted to the media of having sex with women he met while running charity marathons.Did

Yes......There is no law against a man having sex with any woman/women or

even men. So exactly WHAT at that time the 1980's / 90's did Sir Robert tell

her? She was hardly immune to the bad behaviour of men she headed a

cabinet FULL of it, David Mellor who liked to have sex while wearing a Chelsea

football shirt,
Cecil Parkinson a married man making his secretary pregnant!!

and he went on to being knighted (Sir Cecil)

Previous governments had Jeremy Thorpe...........

Remember this was the 1980's /90's and child sex abuse, pedophilia was not on

the general radar till after Savilles death in 2011. Which after that was the

Rotherham child sex abuse scandal where it was known about and nothing was

done

Disclaimer here I am in no way defending Saville or pedophilia, just

pointing out it was not known of or believed to be a thing before 2000. How

many of you knew about or would have believed it before then? Victims never

spoke out because they were not believed I doubt Sir Robert knew exactly

the depth of depravity of Saville, and Margaret Thatcher would have thought

it was no worse than what went on in her own cabinet,oh yes and then there was

John Profumo and prostitutes, and Jeffry Archer as well (just the tip of the

ice berg)

The prime minister raised the matter again just months later but Sir Robert said "lurid details" were unlikely to be have been forgotten and it "would be best if Mr Savile were to wait a little longer".
"We remain worried," he added. "Fears have been expressed that Mr Savile might not be able to refrain from exploiting a knighthood in a way which brought the honours system into disrepute

He didn't exactly spell out PEDOPHILIA he mentioned "lurid details" I can think

of many lurid details unconnected to pedophilia, but I like to think I am not

naive but ......my mothers and Mrs T's generation certainly were. You will all

have or had great grandmothers, grandmothers, or mothers of that generation

do you believe they would have known about child sex abuse and pedophiles?

The hating of Mrs T is the root and not the answer

Just thinking (not having gone heavily into the subject) How many *Sir's* in the

revered House of Lords would pass the *lurid* test.

edit on 16-11-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I didn't know Saville was a pedophile either, but could see he was a self-aggrandising creep, singularly lacking in ordinary human charm - just by watching him on TV.

But the behaviour of another of Thatcher's unsavoury friends was no secret. Chilean dictator, General Pinochet, overthrew a democratically elected government and initiated the notorious Caravan of Death, an army unit that travelled the country by helicopter, murdering and torturing his opponents.

She called him a "true friend", invited him home for tea, and personally lobbied against his prosecution for war crimes.
edit on 16-11-2019 by EvilAxis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
a reply to: UKTruth

The unions were nothing more than useless. Great for turning the country upside down with ridiculous requests

Another one who doesn't understand what a union is. The Unions are the people, ie the workers themselves.

Lol. You actually think a union is run by the workers. How cute.
It was the behaviour of the Unions that actually led to Thatcher being elected - the people of this country rejected their efforts. Quite rightly.
Before Thatcher was elected the corrupt unions did not even have to call a ballot to force a strike on it's members, ruining their lives and the lives of others. They were facsists operating in the political realm, ignoring the workers. They got crushed because the PEOPLE wanted them crushed.
It was Thatcher who drove the change to the law to force unions to properly consult with members before striking and guess what - the 4 years after that law was passed, strikes hit their lowest levels for 30 years. The WORKERS revolted against the unions and put a stop to their practice of blackmailing the nation.
edit on 16/11/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Somewhere up above there was a comment of the pay of Trade Union bosses. Many are fat cats as this 2018 study shows. I wonder what the income inequality persists between the Trade Union boss and the low paid person he* is supposed to be supporting. *It is mostly a "he" in the male dominated world of unions!

Tarde Union boss pay 2017/18 press release with link to the full report

As TUC conference gets underway today, the TaxPayers' Alliance (TPA) releases new research revealing that 31 public sector trade union leaders took home pay packets of at least £100,000 or more in 2017.

Trade unions are important. They only work if they have good relations with management, and vise versa. The combative and destructive ideologically driven unions of the 60s, 70s and 80s served workers poorly, because they helped wipe out industries, thus put their membership out of work. Is it a wonder that membership of unions continues to fall?

I still find it disappointing that unions are part of Labour's structures. It's an unhealthy link, as unions should be supporting members and not politicians.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Just catching up on this thread.

Its a FACT that the UK is not a democracy,....

Sorry mate but I do hope you see the absurdity and irony in you bemoaning about the lack of democracy in the UK when you are a passionate supporter of completely ignoring the result of democratically held referendums.

The Unions were great for the working man and they achieved great advances for them.
But there can be no doubts that they became far too powerful and tried to hold the country to ransom.
Something had to be done to reign them in......but Thatcher went way too far and was hell bent on completely destroying the Union movement.
She used lies and propaganda to further her aim and has been proven to have approved the use of agent provocateurs to stir up trouble and violence during strikes to this end.

Many of the advancements in workers rights etc gained from post-WWII to around the Wilson years have been eroded away.
There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that we need strong unions, but it's equally important that they do not have the upper hand over their employers.
As with most things its about balance.

We are still feeling the effects of some of Thatcher's policies now.
She was an unpopular Prime Minister during her first term in office and its generally recognised that she would not have been re-elected at the next General Election if she hadn't done a U-turn over The Falklands.
The British Armed Services were about to be subjected to the largest budget and personnel cuts in memory and she had privately intimated that she would be willing to negotiate with Argentina on sovereignty of The Falkland Islands.
When Argentina chose to invade as a diversion from their own domestic problems such was the outcry from the British people that Thatcher did an about turn, cancelled all plans to cut the Armed Services and the rest as they say is history.

This Lady's not for turning - absolute bollocks.

She played on the patriotic passion of the British people and being the consummate politician she was used The Falklands as an opportunity to get re-elected.

She then went on to destroy the UK's manufacturing base and rip apart whole communities.
She instigated the private housing boom from which we are still feeling the after effects.
By selling off all our nationalised utilities and key services she enabled this country to be held to ransom by foreign owned private companies.

I could go on and on but its pointless; Thatcher is a person who invokes strong and sometimes vastly contrasting opinions, especially amongst those of us who lived through her times and were directly affected by her policies.

But she was a STRONG leader and we wouldn't be enduring the current absolute #ing shambles if she was around and in government today.

Apologies, Sunday rant over.

edit on 17/11/19 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Remember this was the 1980's /90's and child sex abuse, pedophilia was not on the general radar till after Savilles death in 2011

Paedophilia was very much "on the radar " during that time, and even from the 1970's. Here is an article about PIE ( The Paedophilia Information Exchange " The shocking thing was this organisation was quite open.

The Paedophile Information Exchange was affiliated to the National Council for Civil Liberties - now Liberty - in the late 1970s and early 1980s. But how did pro-paedophile campaigners operate so openly?

A gay rights conference backs a motion in favour of paedophilia. The story is written up by a national newspaper as "Child-lovers win fight for role in Gay Lib".

It sounds like a nightmarish plotline from dystopian fiction. But this happened in the UK. The conference took place in Sheffield and the newspaper was the Guardian. The year was 1975

PIE was formed in 1974. It campaigned for "children's sexuality". It wanted the government to axe or lower the age of consent. It offered support to adults "in legal difficulties concerning sexual acts with consenting 'under age' partners". The real aim was to normalise sex with children

www.bbc.com...

Incredible how this could have even happened. If i say i am shocked, that would been an understatement.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Correct. It was very much on the radar.
Looking back it should have been obvious that JS was a wrong 'un.
Thats hindsight for you.
Wonder what dealings Pronce Andrew might have had with him?

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I still find it disappointing that unions are part of Labour's structures. It's an unhealthy link, as unions should be supporting members and not politicians

As the Labour Party was created by The Trade Unions, that link will always remain.

new topics

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join