It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traitors will attempt to bring down UK government next week

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DougHole64

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: gortex

You are not wrong there mate.
Don' t vote or the govt will get in!
None of the above!
But, if Jezbollah and McMao get in?
God help us all!
Their costing of nationalising BT seems to have been done by Diane Abbott and her magic calculator.
BT Openreach employs 33,000.
Labours costings seem to be based on them all being paid £7000 each.
With all employees of other broadband providers being thrown under a bus.
And this is meant to be serious politics?
God help us all!

Tax payers should absolutely contribute to BT, a bastion of British society! I have to confess I don't know anyone who is foolish enough to subscribe to their ridiculously high subscriptions but that is besides the point!

Well, I get the all the content I need, broadband and mobile servces I used to get with Sky and then Virgin, plus O2, and I pay £50 a month less and get better service. If that is foolish, then I'll take it.

edit on 16/11/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

All I can say is she must have been a truly remarkable woman as she was voted in to power

Yeah, Women all over the UK said " Oh, It's terrible, I can't get my bins emptied, What this country needs is an utter bastard. Who will destroy those evil Unions".

Basically Thatcher ripped the power from the hard-working men and women of the UK. The Unions were the people. And Woman voted the cow in.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: DougHole64

Tax payers should absolutely contribute to BT, a bastion of British society!

Given the amount of tax payers money they've already had for little return I'd call them a leech on British society , the rural broadband scheme cost tax payers billions and ultimately failed to deliver what was promised , BT is a goverment contractor with its nose firmly in the trough so tax payers already contribute.

And rightly so Gortex, I have to confess I'm a bit disappointed in your attitude over this. I've long admired your hard line stance over Brexit but lately I'm concerned you've begun to sound like one of those leftie snowflakes. Surely any business with the word British in should be preserved by us tax payers, ie the BBC etc. To hear you spout this drivel makes me very sad, next you'll be joining the bloody lib dems for Christ sake!

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

None of the above!
God help us all!
Their costing of nationalising BT seems to have been done by Diane Abbott and her magic calculator.
God help us all!

Tax payers should absolutely contribute to BT, a bastion of British society! I have to confess I don't know anyone who is foolish enough to subscribe to their ridiculously high subscriptions but that is besides the point!

Well, I get the all the content I need, broadband and mobile servces I used to get with Sky and then Virgin, plus O2, and I pay £50 a month less and get better service. If that is foolish, then I'll take it.

I certainly don't mean to insult your intelligence UKTruth, your a man I greatly admire. So I say this with great respect and as a huge supporter of any BRITISH corporation such as BT - have you considered getting quotes from else where? If you claim you saved £50 by changing, goodness knows how much you may be spending! I can confirm I pay far less than £50 for all of these services. I know some of us old boys aren't so good with technology but my Barry found me a fantastic deal!

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

All I can say is she must have been a truly remarkable woman as she was voted in to power

Yeah, Women all over the UK said " Oh, It's terrible, I can't get my bins emptied, What this country needs is an utter bastard. Who will destroy those evil Unions".

Basically Thatcher ripped the power from the hard-working men and women of the UK. The Unions were the people. And Woman voted the cow in.

Utter nonsense. The unions were nothing more than useless. Great for turning the country upside down with ridiculous requests, but sadly lacking whenever they were needed to do their real job. They were smashed because they were useless.
If they had been so loved by the people of this country, Thatcher would not have won re-election. If the people were so happy with their lot in the 70's, she would have never been elected in the fist place.

Thatcher ripped the power away from some people alright... those that were running the country into the ground.
She remains the best leader this country has ever had, bolstered by the hatred the left have of her, which is a clear badge of honour.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   

None of the above!
God help us all!
God help us all!

I certainly don't mean to insult your intelligence UKTruth, your a man I greatly admire. So I say this with great respect and as a huge supporter of any BRITISH corporation such as BT - have you considered getting quotes from else where? If you claim you saved £50 by changing, goodness knows how much you may be spending! I can confirm I pay far less than £50 for all of these services. I know some of us old boys aren't so good with technology but my Barry found me a fantastic deal!

Well, Sky were charging me over £100 a month for TV alone - all channels and multiroom. They are a disgrace. My experience with Virgin was so bad I would not advise anyon paying more than a fiver a month for their junk service.
BT have been good so far - no broadband outages, speed as advertised, really slick TV box and all the channels I want (getting better too in 2020 with all Sky content channels being fully integrated - beyond what they already have). Plus mobile that uses the EE network and gives me 30gb of data and unlimited calls and texts for just £15 a month.

I was originally a BT broadband customer and moved away from them - it was a mistake. Virgin, for example, gave me nothing but problems with outages and poor wifi and the most horrendous laggy STB I have ever used.

vs Sky and Virgin and the mobile companies, BT's deal is quite competetive and I would say better in terms of service and product quality.

As for Labour's ridiculous effort to bribe - nothing is free. Free broadband means higher taxes or a trade off of other services combined with an utterly terrible service that comes when you put politicians in charge of anything.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   

At least have the decency to quote my full sentences so as not to lose the meaning

of what I am saying!!!!!

Full sentence being All I can say is she must have been a truly remarkable woman

as she was voted into power because of the atrocious mess the labour

government was making?

Why not? Isn't it governments who run the country not unions.

edit on 16-11-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The unions were nothing more than useless. Great for turning the country upside down with ridiculous requests

Another one who doesn't understand what a union is. The Unions are the people, ie the workers themselves. Any request made would have been by the workforce. but if you all are happy to let the government decide how much value you have as a worker and are subservient enough to allow them to dictate your rights and take home pay then that's fine by me.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Isn't it governments who run the country not unions.

Another one who doesn't understand the basic concept of a Union.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: andy06shake

I think a right a good few miners, steelworkers, teachers and school weans might disagree there.
We ken just fine which cow was responsible and it was not a Labour flavoured Moo.

All I can say is she must have been a truly remarkable woman as she was voted in

to power because of the atrocious mess the labour government was making?

While the strikes were largely over by February 1979, the Labour government's inability to contain the strikes earlier helped lead to Margaret Thatcher's Conservative victory in the 1979 general election

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Maybe a little forgetful
but hard to argue fact?
Eh? Adolf Hitler was also voted in. Mistakes happen.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   

None of the above!
God help us all!
God help us all!

Well, Sky were charging me over £100 a month for TV alone - all channels and multiroom. They are a disgrace. My experience with Virgin was so bad I would not advise anyon paying more than a fiver a month for their junk service.
BT have been good so far - no broadband outages, speed as advertised, really slick TV box and all the channels I want (getting better too in 2020 with all Sky content channels being fully integrated - beyond what they already have). Plus mobile that uses the EE network and gives me 30gb of data and unlimited calls and texts for just £15 a month.

I was originally a BT broadband customer and moved away from them - it was a mistake. Virgin, for example, gave me nothing but problems with outages and poor wifi and the most horrendous laggy STB I have ever used.

vs Sky and Virgin and the mobile companies, BT's deal is quite competetive and I would say better in terms of service and product quality.

As for Labour's ridiculous effort to bribe - nothing is free. Free broadband means higher taxes or a trade off of other services combined with an utterly terrible service that comes when you put politicians in charge of anything.

Good for you UKTruth, £100 is extortionate! I can only assume the adult package was included in that you dirty old bugger haha. At least you've changed now and you're supporting Britains oldest communications provider. It's important we continue to support true British company's now more than ever, unlike that bloody traitor Gortex whose probably got his dial up through Abu Dhabi telecoms.
edit on 16-11-2019 by DougHole64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Surely any business with the word British in should be preserved by us tax payers

You accuse me of spouting drivel then post that ?
British Telecom is a publicly listed company with a global reach and global investors , just having British in its name does not qualify it as a British company that needs to be cherished nor does it change the fact that it's a bit of a disgrace when it comes to providing its services.

The British Telecom of today is far different to the British Telecom of the old Busby days , I have no love for multi national corporations that milk public funds for their own benefit.

As for Brexit , while I do favour a hard Brexit as it is the only way we will actually leave the EU the writing is on the wall , Brexit is dead , Johnson's deal is a sham and I can't in all good conscience support it or him.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

At the time - and I was around - the Unions were out of control and their actions killed whole industries. The Winter of Discontent was the final straw because of the mayhem the unions were constantly causing. They had little public support and their demands were unfair and unsupportable. Thatcher and the Labour Party of the time fought to rid the nation of the Loony Left who ran the unions.

Anyway, building a whole set of political hatreds based on what a popular politician did forty years ago is a bit boring and regressive, but shows how successful some people are in keeping divisive politics alive especially in Scotland.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

unlike that bloody traitor Gortex whose probably got his dial up through Abu Dhabi telecoms.

I'm a traitor for not using BT ?

You a funny guy.

Abu Dhabi telecoms only charge me 15 Dirham a month for full fibre and landline !

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

The unions in the 70s brought whole industries to their knees with pointless strikes and politically motivated disputes.
They were out of control.
Corbyn and Momentum (who have hijacked a once great party) seem hell bent on dragging the country back to the 70s.

What next - free kipper ties and flared trousers for everyone?
edit on 16-11-2019 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

The unions were nothing more than useless. Great for turning the country upside down with ridiculous requests

Another one who doesn't understand what a union is. The Unions are the people, ie the workers themselves. Any request made would have been by the workforce. but if you all are happy to let the government decide how much value you have as a worker and are subservient enough to allow them to dictate your rights and take home pay then that's fine by me.

How about Derek "Red Robbo" Robinson who called no less than 523 strikes in the car production industry?

Even his own members turned on him in the end.

Just a communist troublemaker who did no end of harm.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Were the British Leyland workers really "hard working"?

On strike a lot, more like.

Your mysoginist hatred of a long dead woman speaks volumes as to why Labour has never had a female leader.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

I think the Longbridge workers were let down by mismanagement and militant Unions , I don't think they were lazy or had much of a hand in what went on there , they were well paid but under motivated and poorly represented.

I think the 70's showed us the pitfalls of State owned industries.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The great maggy lol Ha Ha Ha ....
She had jimmy fooking savile arround for xmas dinner 10 years running at our expense. The greatest child rapist in British history, was her guest for xmas dinner????? Wonder what they chatted about sat round the xmas dinner table. She closed the pits and used the police/military to batter the miners. Then imported coal from her racist friends in RSA and called Nelson mandella a terrorist.
I hope she is rotting in Hell with her best friend jimmy savile.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: oldcarpy

I think the Longbridge workers were let down by mismanagement and militant Unions , I don't think they were lazy or had much of a hand in what went on there , they were well paid but under motivated and poorly represented.

I think the 70's showed us the pitfalls of State owned industries.

True. Let's not forget that the cars were crap, too.

When i was v little i sent BL some designs - well sort of - for some cars. OK they had 6 wheels and gull wing doors but like i say i was v little.

Got back a snotty letter saying that they had their own designers thank you very much. Quite terse. Was inconsolable for days. The bastards.

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join