It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traitors will attempt to bring down UK government next week

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

doesnt matter , we can have as many referendums on as many politcal subjects as Scotland sees fit
that is how the government engage with the citizens
giving them choices , to feel represented.

So these programmes, which channels or media were they on ?

every UK media channel ive been on seems to be UK focused , anti scots independence and biased towards the
scots government

Also you seem to forget that Nicola Sturgeon is the First Minister , its her #ing job to speak for the whole of Scotland
you know since she was democratically elected

edit on 15-11-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Xabi87

actually yes , since they were not groomed from birth to rule over the working class

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Xabi87

I don't like the SNP but they might be useful for those of us that want independence. Sturgeon doesn't speak for all of us despite her claim to the contrary. The most difficult and entrenched opponents are the Unionists here in Scotland who we would undoubtedly have to fight as they would never accept independence.
On top of that there are all the usual barriers like, Westminster, the media and as you say the 'owners' of the country.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

mate she was democratically elected to represent the whole of Scotland , so unfortunately like it or not , she does speak for all of us , just like Boris does.

such is democracy .

Not sure why people keep going on about "private land owners" as if they can change the outcome of a political referendum
they pay taxes for that land to the government.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

To be fair, I wasn't talking about private land owners but about the corporations and financial institutions and I used the term 'owners' just in reply to that particular post where the term was used.
I agree that she was democratically elected but that doesn't mean she speaks for all of us. In the sense that we have to agree with everything she says.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   

....every UK media channel ive been on seems to be UK focused ,....

There's a very simple reason for that mate; because they are UK media channels, for the whole of the UK.
They are by definition 'UK focused'.

Believe it or not - I agree this might not seem to be the case reading some of the posts and comments on places like ATS - but the vast majority of people in rUK don't want to see a break up of the Union and value Scotland and its people.

As much as I would hate to see Scotland choose independence I also think its fair to say that many people in rUK just don't seem to understand that any decision on Scottish independence rests with the Scottish people alone.

But as much as it pains me to say this its also true that Nicola Sturgeon and her cronies are beginning to seriously piss many people off with their incessant whining, blaming all of Scotland's ill's on rUK and their insistence on turning every single subject into an opportunity to advocate independence regardless of relevance.

As far as I can tell at present the SNP are as equally unsuitable and unfit to govern as Labour, The Tories, LibUndems, Green Party or any other party I can think of.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Aye , of course , she doesnt speak for all of us on everything , but for the majority , yes she actually does speak for us

that's why she is first minister right

Boris apparently speaks for us , the whole UK
but I dont agree with anything he says hahaha

Shame , we can get tax revenue from private land owners but no tax from corporations

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

well I guess time will tell !

As for the media I meant they are biased towards Scotland and its political identity and future .
And always favour the union

which is obvious because the media owners all back the UK
for reasons of taxation etc

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Anyway ,

here is a comedian with a nice Brexit analysis

Bruger king brexit

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Our best bet is a coalition Labour/SNP government.

But chance would be a fine thing indeed.

If the Tories get back in it will be another 10 years of forced austerity and blatant lies whilst millions of people in poverty suffer needlessly so they rich twats can sit-in Westminster and bump their gums about immigrants and independence.

Let's just hope the Turkeys don't vote for Christmas, coz it's not Santa that's coming down that chimney, that's for sure.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I could handle labour / SNP coalition if it meant keeping the tories out

but arent nu labour just the red tories ?

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I don't know what any of they are anymore. LoL

Right, left, red, blue, or whatever direction or shade they care to claim.

All i know is that another 10 years of this crap, our NHS punted to our American cousin's pharmaceuticals industry, and people not being able to draw a pension until they are just about dead on their feet at 75 years old, canny be in anyone's best interest bar the Tories and bankers.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   

But if Corbyn and McMao get in they will bankrupt whats left of the UK and then you will get a country that will look back on austerity like some sort of golden age by comparison.
Have you seen their insane plans to nationalise part of BT ? What will then happen to all the other broadband suppliers and all those jobs?

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

if you nationalise something , then you still need workers, if that is the case , they;d let the people they are putting out of a job apply or better yet , be appointed a role in the Nationalised service .

and then the money will go back to the public , rather than in the pockets of the CEOs

which in the long run is probably better for us , because we take out one of those CEO's salaries and their bonus and we spread that into the new nationalised service

it can only mean profit

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

No. BT would have a state monopoly And Virgin, Plusnet etc employees are out of jobs.
What about folk with shares in BT in their pension pots?
They will be bought out for peanuts.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
anyway if things go tits up ,
you are more than welcome to move to Scotland

you have a better chance of being represented by your government (smaller population) , you get better benefits ,
free education , free healthcare .

you know all those things you all tell me that we get paid for us

it's a little bit colder and wetter , but we have deep fried hings to warm ye up

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Aye but surely if the government nationalises the service then BT and Virgin will surely just leave the UK
or the government buys them out ?

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Well if memory serves, privatization of our heavy industries did not work out too well for the poor miners and steelworkers.

There were plenty of jobs in say British rail to be had before the Tories privatized the service.

Might work both ways.

How many jobs do you imagine Brexit will lose the people of the nation nevermind the nationalization of the likes of BT?

Which granted does seem like rather a pipe dream thus far, still trying to watching the news on the topic.

Why farmers would require gigabit broadband coverage is a bit beyond me,, to be honest, after all, they don't download cows and sheep nor barley grain or vegetables. LoL
edit on 15-11-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Buys them out? How much would that cost us all!?

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Ah yes. I remember. The golden age of British Rail, British Leyland etc.
Oh, wait....

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join